Web-Xperts - My 2 Cents!

Ok, I have read through the slams on Web-Xperts.com......I have to post my opinions. First I am not a novice to hosting and we currently host about 350 websites for sites that we have mostly sold on Ebay. These sites are spread out over 5 different providers that are all like Web-xperts.

We have been in this business for 5 years and have dealt with 10+ hosting resellers like web-xperts.

I can say UNCONDITIONALLY and ABSOLUTELY that so far Web-xperts are the BEST of these types of services that I have dealt with.

These are the facts that I have noted that make them above the rest.......

1. Support questions have always been responded to promptly and accurately. ONE THING THAT STANDS OUT for me. ....when they have had downtime (not excessive) I have always been able to get a response from Dan or the support desk. This is important to me, because in most of the hosts I have dealt with, when they are down - support is not to be found. I appreciate being able to get a response even if it is only "we are working on it" - Trust me - that is RARE among hosts like this.

2. Downtime has been minimal. Ok, sure there has been downtime - but I have dealt with some VERY expensive hosts that are down more. And I have dealt with more than one other host who went down and NEVER came back.....these guys will keep you posted when they are down and have always got it back up and running before it caused me any client problems.

3. Cost is great. I bought one of the 400G/1000G ebay deals. Ok, I thought "too good to be true" as well - and I will never use that much space. But trust me, I am currently using a lot of space and a lot of bandwidth......and my account has not been canceled.

People have noted negitives among Dan's Ebay feedback, but look at the positives! There are an awful lot of satisfied customers as well. I also noted in a quick scan through the negitives - an awful lot of those are as a result of bidders who couldn;t be contacted....as an active Ebay seller I know that is a common problem and sympathize with him for that.

I sense some real bitterness here among some of the posters. I have found usually there is another underlying reason for posts that are that volatile! Why so mad? Let's be honest - WEb-Xperts is what it is - a reliable bulk hosting company, providing resellers like us a place to host small traffic, small space websites. If I host a very large site, that will get huge traffic I put it on dedicated server. I don't expect to host my big clients on a $12.00 a month server! If you are expecting that then you are not serving your clients well yourself. I base where I put my clients on their individual needs.

In that respect I give my clients good value for their dollar and I, in turn am getting service for my dollar from Web-Xperts!

They fill that important hosting niche well. Just my 2 cents.

I have first hand experience with them. My friends site which held nothing but home made skate videos was taken down for using alot of bandwidth. The email he recieved just said that it had been terminated, no reason. I know he didn't have anytthing illegal on there or anything that warranted removing, I was the one setting everything up. The only thing he did was use up alot of space and alot of bandwidth, and was kicked out for doing so.

He oversells like mad, and then when it comes back to bite him, he just kicks you off.

Re: Web-Xperts - My 2 Cents!

Originally posted by SHGLLC
    3. Cost is great. I bought one of the 400G/1000G ebay deals. Ok, I thought "too good to be true" as well - and I will never use that much space. But trust me, I am currently using a lot of space and a lot of bandwidth......and my account has not been canceled.
    Just out of interest, how much space and data transfer are you currently using?

Anywhere close to the 400 GB webspace limit?
    Chief brew-maker at several hosting brands since 2002.

FLXI | UK based, cPanel/WHM reseller hosting
    Pay-as-you-go billing, why pay for what you don't use?

Re: Re: Web-Xperts - My 2 Cents!

Originally posted by Jim_UK
    Just out of interest, how much space and data transfer are you currently using?

Anywhere close to the 400 GB webspace limit?
    Let me put it this way, I am using enough space and bandwidth to consider it a value for the monthly fee I am paying.

I am not using 400/1000G - and likely never will. BUT SO? I am getting good space value and GOOD bandwidth value for what I am using.

Re: Web-Xperts - My 2 Cents!

They fill that important hosting niche well. Just my 2 cents.
    Nah...I don't call false advertising filling an important hosting Niche. I call it fraud!

Simon

Re: Re: Re: Web-Xperts - My 2 Cents!

Let me put it this way, I am using enough space and bandwidth to consider it a value for the monthly fee I am paying.

I am not using 400/1000G - and likely never will. BUT SO? I am getting good space value and GOOD bandwidth value for what I am using.
    I dare you to try it... my bet is that you won't get 1/20th of the way there before your account is history!

You may be getting enough out of it to see it as a good deal but the fact still remains that they are being totally dishonest about what resources you are allowed and that's not someone I would recommend giving hard earned cash to.
    Chief brew-maker at several hosting brands since 2002.

FLXI | UK based, cPanel/WHM reseller hosting
    Pay-as-you-go billing, why pay for what you don't use?

Maybe post some examples of sites yo have hosted on Web-Xpert servers. I noticed the site in you signature is on the communitech network.

And what do you know ... web-xperts is in EV1's network ...

These sites are spread out over 5 different providers that are all like Web-xperts.
    Well he did say that, give him some time to reply

LOL some of you may remember that I bought a 20 dollar Reseller package from Web-Xperts just for the heck of it. He pointed me to their web designer (for some reason I cant stay in contact with that person after like the first 2 emails). Dan has yet to set up my account and its been like 2 months.

The moral of the story is this: It's fraud, and a scam. Accounts getting 1/20th of the way to what they say they offer are cancled. It's a rip off. You may think you're getting a good deal for what you use, but the point is, your giving your money to a con artist, and a bad one at that. Do you trust your money in the hands of someone like that? I wouldn't.

Originally posted by Rox Off
    Maybe post some examples of sites yo have hosted on Web-Xpert servers. I noticed the site in you signature is on the communitech network.
    I have over 100 sites on Web-xperts servers. These are all held by people who I have sold the space too. My main sites are on Communitech/Interland. As I stated earlier, I don;t put high traffic, large sites on bargain reseller hosting.

Let's be honest here! Web-xperts is effective for what it is, bargain bulk hosting. For my monthly fee I think I am getting a bargain! Sorry if that agravates you, but I can;t imagine why it would. I am not a novice at this - I know what I am getting. I wouldn't even intend to ever put the 400G of sites out there, but for the fee and 100+ sites - c'mon it's a deal.

My other bulk hosting accounts now are with MxHub and Hostblock. I have weeded down to these providers. As I said in my first post I have dealt with MANY, MANY host providers. These are the ones who have been best for me.

Lighten up Guys!

I don't think we convince SHGLLC of hosting ethics. Just do a searcch on the other two host he recommends.

Hostblock
    http://www.webhostingtalk.com/search...der=descending

MxHub
    http://www.webhostingtalk.com/search...g&pagenumber=1

Not many postive reviews on either. Also Hostblock is another of the eBay sellers similiar to web-xperts.

MxHub

[i] Also Hostblock is another of the eBay sellers similiar to web-xperts.
    I am the first to admint at one time HostBlock was Hideous! For some reason they seemed to turn it around. I stuck with them through a bad time about a year ago - and now they have proven to be extremely reliable.

MxHub - I rate them well because of an almost non-existent amount of downtime and an effective support. I have never waited for more than a few hours for a response to a support question from them

Hostblock support is pretty poor.........but honestly, support is seldom needed due to the effective service.

This forum is so negitive! Rate these guys for what they are!

I am not totally easy on hosts - I had an account with 2dollarweb last year, anything on them in these forums? - they have to be the worst ever. Then they jut shut down one day - gone for good.

Another problem was Communitech immediately after the Interland take-over! Communitech would get my highest ratings prior to the takeover, Interland almost drove me awayt after 5 years with them.......but now I must say Interland is providing effective relaible service to us Communitech clients.

Originally posted by Rox Off
    I don't think we convince SHGLLC of hosting ethics.
    I hope that's not a challenge of my ethics as a host! One thing I will guarantee......my clients are happy! I have only had one client take exception to the way I handled their account (including those on web-xperts). My clients are happy clients! ....and I am hosting their sites on these servers we are slamming......

Web-xperts
    MxHub
    Hostblock

Communitech/Interland

I hope that's not a challenge of my ethics as a host!
    I don't see anybody slamming your ethics as a host. Just don't come here and try to convince us that Dans operation is all above board and the deal is genuine. Anybody in the webhosting industry (including you) can see that this offer is not feasible. That makes it a scam. Who give a Monkeys what his support is like....his scam gives this industry a bad name. The sooner the laws are enforced to combat this type of fraud...the better it will be for the industry as a whole.

Just because you sussed out that it is not possible to get what is advertised...does not mean to say the average Joe Soap has.

Simon

It's fishy that all his negative ebay ratings are all the same. "Account was disabled for no reason" - His response "CLIENT WAS STORING ILLEGAL CONTENT!" Customers reply "Wrong! call blah blah motors illegal? see for your self"

If he has to flat out lie about why he gave a customer the boot, he is obviously scamming the hell out of people.
    Download my eBook + Videos: Starting your own successful web hosting company.
    Learn from a web host with 7 years of experience.