hosted by liquidweb

Go Back   Web Hosting Talk : Web Hosting Main Forums : Reseller Hosting : Resell for a reseller??? No way!

Forum Jump

Resell for a reseller??? No way!

Reply Post New Thread In Reseller Hosting Subscription

Send news tip View All Posts Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 04-02-2000, 01:24 AM

Thumbs down

Careful of canaca.com for a couple of reasons:
They are resellers for communitech.net (check their IP address--it's owned by communitech.net). They also offer plans that are identical to the communitech.net reseller plans. This could be a major problem because if you buy from them and then they allow you to resell under their resellers agreement, and then they either leave communitech.net or do something that gets them kicked off, you lose not only your account but all accounts you have resold (because canaca had resold them to you and they have to keep their account open in order for your account to remain open). They also post numerous questions in communitech's support forums (including one complaining about communitech's name being in the header of an email that went to their clients):
QUOTE:
Any E-mail that was sent to me at canaca.com came with this information with it, at the end of the page.
From sandrolina@sympatico.ca Mon May 31 01:22:10 1999
Return-Path: <sandrolina@sympatico.ca>
Received: from smtp11.bellglobal.com ([204.101.251.53]) by mars.communitech.net ; Mon, 31 May 1999 01:22:10 -600
Received: from sandro.bellglobal.com (HSE-TOR-ppp35061.sympatico.ca [209.226.131.160])
by smtp11.bellglobal.com (8.8.5/8.8.5) with SMTP id CAA13945
for <canaca@canaca.com>; Mon, 31 May 1999 02:24:51 -0400 (EDT)
Message-Id: <4.1.19990531022337.0093a1e0>
X-Sender: b1pjfo06@pop1.sympatico.ca
X-Mailer: QUALCOMM Windows Eudora Pro Version 4.1
Date: Mon, 31 May 1999 02:23:49 -0700
To: canaca@canaca.com
Mime-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: text/plain; charset="us-ascii"

I also would think that our clients got the same thing.

[This message has been edited by canaca (edited May 31, 1999).]
END QUOTE

What troubles me most about canaca.com is that they also operate under the domain name nortel.to. Nortel is a large communications corporation that will probably not take kindly to some reseller of web hosting using their good name and reputation to resell hosting while pretending that they are the actual owners of the servers. When the real Nortel come down on canaca.com's nortel.to shell, well...I'd hate to be depending on them to be reselling services to me so that I kind resell them to some poor slob who doesn't know enough to thoroughly check out their host...
Just my 2 cents.

Sponsored Links
Old 04-02-2000, 07:17 AM
Junior Guru Wannabe

Saying dont resell for a reseller does that go out to all re-resellers bacuase i know a guy whos been selling from a resellers account for nearly a year and ahalve now with not one problem. I think its unfair to judge all reselling company's. its risky going with some company like this but do research into the people first

------------------
Signing off for now Eddie

Old 04-02-2000, 03:29 PM
Junior Guru Wannabe

Thumbs up

Well said fthosting...some resellers offer a more personal level of service than the company they buy the service from... and if we never deal with "middle men" department stores would go out of business. Don't pay too far in advance to ANY hosting company and yeah check them out as best you can but then take what works for you.
Guest just a thought...if you resold for communitech directly wouldnt the same email header be sent still...still exposing the fact you resell?

Sponsored Links
Old 04-05-2000, 07:18 PM

Nightflames--
Yes, you are correct. The quote was from a note posted by canaca complaining that CT was not doing enough to disguise themselves for their resellers. Canaca was concerned that his clients might discover that he doesn't really own the servers he claims to own...
just my 2 cents

Old 04-06-2000, 02:56 AM
CTCustomer

Red face

You are obviously a CommuniTech customer with access to the password protected client forums. Many resellers ask questions for their clients and regarding various issues about reselling in the forum with the confidence that it will not be spread as roomers against them. The fact is that CommuniTech promises "Absolute Anonymity." Some people point out that this is not true. I know Canaca and other resellers that would like CommuniTech to make their corporate mind up and offer complete anonymity or stop promising it. It is wrong not to provide what is promised.

You did not mention the often broken promises that CommuniTech makes to its resellers. Sometimes they treat us more like enemies than business partners. The problem is largely caused by the company’s rapid growth.

You should not blame Canaca or any other reseller for problems such as these. CommuniTech offers great services and opportunities for many small businesses. The fact that Canaca posts messages about problems in a reseller support area does not make them a dishonest hosting company. At first I thought your comments might be based on Canaca’s reselling options, but it turns out to be generally against his business and other resellers.

Your post also suggests that Canaca’s account might be suspended and all their resold accounts closed down? They appear to be a legitimate company and will not do anything against TOS. Even if they do, they will be able to fix the problem with CommuniTech. It is not in CommuniTech’s best interest to just close down reseller accounts and all the corresponding resold accounts. Even if it involves moving a successful site to a co-located server and changing the account domain, most resellers will work these problems out to the benefit of their clients.

Please consider your motives for posting such a slanted message about Canaca. I have never spoken with the owners of the company, but I am sure they are a responsible company. Not all resellers are “scum” and many will offer higher quality services. As a reseller, it is not wrong to expect what you upstream provider promises!

Related posts from TheWhir.com
Title Type Date Posted
OzHosting to Resell Google Apps for Business in Australia, New Zealand Web Hosting News 2013-03-01 11:54:50
ProfitBricks Launches IaaS Reseller Partner Program Web Hosting News 2013-02-27 14:55:18
Domain Registrar Namecheap Launches SSL Reseller Program Web Hosting News 2013-01-31 15:30:14
ServInt Designs New Custom Shop Ordering System for Hosting Resellers Web Hosting News 2013-01-23 11:35:44
UK Reseller Cloud Host Bureaucloud Launches Cloud Reseller Program Web Hosting News 2012-09-07 11:39:53