* VolumeDrive and QuadIX. In a Class All By Themselves.

So let me preface this review by saying, I am not very easy to please and have, at one time or another, posted here about these two companies and my servers being down. So this isn't just a fluff piece, but an actual review of fact. Since the last time I wrote something about them, they have showed me that they really are a fantastic company to work with and have dedicated servers with. Back in January 2015, I found out that my cancer had come back with a vengeance. I did not know what I was going to do to maintain my servers and the sites/businesses I have running on their servers. I found myself in the hospital shortly afterwards and simply forgot to pay an invoice. Several days later, when I was out of the hospital, I went to my site to find out, they were no longer there. The server had been reclaimed! I was devastated. I contacted QuadIX and I said some things that I regret. One of the techs, I forgot his name. For some reason, Josh or Jason comes to mind, informed me of the news but said that he would try to recover my data. That in itself was something that was above and beyond what they are supposed to do. He tried, I believe, 3 different software versions, until he called me and said that he had "Good News". To me it was great news! I didn't have to do anything other then change the ip's at my registrar. All of my data was intact and in place. Did I mention that it took almost 4 days? I'm not bitching that it took four days, I am emphasizing that he worked on it for almost four days when he did not have to. So another two months go by and I am in and out of the hospital. Radiation treatments and chemo. Two months ago I received an invoice from QuadIX and VolumeDrive. I only had enough to pay for one of them. I sent VolumeDrive a support ticket in reference to the invoice and I explained my situation. Without hesitation or any significant delay, I received a reply to my ticket and a second email. The first email I received was for payment received. I did not understand until I received the second email which was a response to the support ticket. VolumeDrive marked the invoice as paid! I receive a message saying, get well and I have marked the invoice as paid. Can anyone tell me of any other company that would do something like that? Now I just received my other invoices for this month and again, being that I was in and out of the hospital multiple times and unable to work, I opened a ticket asking for an extension in order to pay for the servers. I was not expecting BOTH companies to message me back and say that the invoices have been marked as paid, they wish me well and to get better. If I need anything else, to ask. I can tell you right now, this company has shown me that they give a damn about their clients. These types of things just do not happen in this day and age. I will be a client/customer for as long as I can be. Thank you VolumeDrive and QuadIX, you guys are the epitome of class.

Kudos to VolumeDrive/QuadIX, nice to see a positive review for a change.
    ReliableSite.Net LLC - Offering Enterprise Grade Dedicated Servers Since 2006 [New York City metro / Miami, FL / Los Angeles, CA]
    Customers are our #1 priority - Read Our Reviews
    Need epic pricing on 1G and 10G unmetered? We have amazing deals and a 10 minute setup time! Click here to view incredible deals.

Great to see such positive review as most of the provider will not recover the data if the server is already reclaimed.

I have a similar experience with my Internet Provider - and I was neither sick or in severe hardship, I called up my ISP to ask for an extension on an invoice, and rather then extending they said thanks we appreciate you contacting us (obviously so little do) and applied free credits to the account.

Nice to see this custom being applied in the cut throat industry of budget hosting.

Good luck with your Health
    Automated, Secure & Low Cost cPanel Backups (on the cloud)
    For Users & Web Hosting Providers - User Backups

Get well soon op, it's nice to see a provider going above and beyond to help a customer - kudos.
    Last edited by CD Burnt; 06-15-2015 at 02:56 AM.
    █ • North Hosts Limited - Company Number 8808995 Affordable UK Web Hosting
    █ • Shared • Reseller • VPS • Dedicated • 24/7/365 Support • Instant Activation
    █ • Trendy Site Builder • CloudFlare • Softaculous • Seo Tools • cPanel

They are really go beyond that I expected and I can't believe it the servers price range they offered.

Maybe they are trying to atone for past sins by doing things like this.
    SmartHost™ - Intelligent Hosting! - Multiple Locations - US/EU! - Ultra-Fast NVME SSD VPS!
    http://www.smarthost.net - sales@smarthost.net - Resale/Affiliate Programs
    Cloud Hosting - VPS Hosting - Dedicated Servers - Colocation - Flux Capacitors

Always nice to see some positive reviews come in for a change. Glad to hear they went above and beyond for you OP. Also hope you get well soon OP.
    David Byrne | Dedispec, LLC.
    Affordable Dedicated Servers | Storage & GPU Servers | Web Hosting | Colocation | West Virginia, Missouri & Texas
    www.dedispec.com - sales@dedispec.com

When there is will, there is a way. The human factor supersedes any technical flaws. The verdict is clearly in favor of this company. Elated to hear about this case, a rare occurrence.

And all the best wishes to the OP regarding his health issue - dear Liberal2875 take courage, fight this out, and may you overcome as best and as soon as you can.

Quote Originally Posted by ulysseNL View Post
    When there is will, there is a way. The human factor supersedes any technical flaws. The verdict is clearly in favor of this company. Elated to hear about this case, a rare occurrence
    The verdict is clear if you ignore all the past dealings of this company. Let's not call the Robin Hood of the dedicated server market a hero by any means.

I would be interested to see how Data Sales co. v. Volumedrive is turning out.
    █ Brian Kearney, Stealthy Hosting/Server Stadium Seattle, WA [AS23033] Skype: StealthyHosting
    Custom Dedicated Servers
    Low Cost Instant Dedicated Servers

█ Email: Sales@StealthyHosting.com

Quote Originally Posted by HostJedi View Post
    Maybe they are trying to atone for past sins by doing things like this.
    Well, I dont know about the sins they had done but at least until now (being VD client for 1 year already) my server had been up without problem and for the truth it was had 99,99% up time

The minus from VD is the response time they had for replying my email when I rebooting my server and it not come back online in 5 minutes but they said that was normal since the server needed to checking everything before come back online normally and I must wait around 5-15 minutes (I don't know if that's true or not)

So to prevent that down time now I never rebooting my server

Quote Originally Posted by nsetiono View Post
    The minus from VD is the response time they had for replying my email when I rebooting my server and it not come back online in 5 minutes but they said that was normal since the server needed to checking everything before come back online normally and I must wait around 5-15 minutes (I don't know if that's true or not)
    That can be a true if your server is configured to perform FSCK on every boot. You may google for it to check it out.

Well, I dont know about the sins they had done but at least until now (being VD client for 1 year already) my server had been up without problem and for the truth it was had 99,99% up time

So to prevent that down time now I never rebooting my server
    I'd like to say that that the 99.99% isn't exactly true. More like 99.8 or less.

Quote Originally Posted by IonicMan View Post
    I'd like to say that that the 99.99% isn't exactly true. More like 99.8 or less.
    hmm, maybe yes 99.8 but for less i dont think so

root@us [~]# uptime
    13:06:41 up 99 days, 15:46, 1 user, load average: 0.44, 0.46, 0.40

the problem is only the connection only get around 25mbps in average not 100mbps like they promise

hmm, maybe yes 99.8 but for less i dont think so

root@us [~]# uptime
    13:06:41 up 99 days, 15:46, 1 user, load average: 0.44, 0.46, 0.40

the problem is only the connection only get around 25mbps in average not 100mbps like they promise
    Uhm? Thats machine uptime not exactly the network uptime.

Quote Originally Posted by IonicMan View Post
    Uhm? Thats machine uptime not exactly the network uptime.
    yeah i know, that uptime after last reboot
    well the server are being used as hosting server for my clients since I'm a web developer and until now no complain regarding the uptime

Wow. That shows a really positive attitude of both companies. Well Done VolumeDrive/Quadix.
    Amanah Tech Inc.
    151 Front Street, Toronto, Canada
    Affordable Colocation & 100TB Dedicated Servers.
    Email: sales@amanah.com | +1 416 603 9825 X1 | http://www.amanah.com

VolumeDrive's Network uptime for the month of June has been rather poor, more than 5 day's with at least 2 hours of network downtime.

Quote Originally Posted by AquaticNetworks View Post
    VolumeDrive's Network uptime for the month of June has been rather poor, more than 5 day's with at least 2 hours of network downtime.
    about the downtime I agree with you, this month I got around 3 times of downtime based on uptime robot monitoring but the down time is only around 1-10 minutes nothing more

maybe i was on different network ?

about the downtime I agree with you, this month I got around 3 times of downtime based on uptime robot monitoring but the down time is only around 1-10 minutes nothing more

maybe i was on different network ?
    I am not so sure on that as since they run one VLAN for the whole data center......

I think this topic has gone a little "offtopic".

I would like to first thank everyone for their well wishes. I would like to report that I have had successful liver transplantation surgery and am now cancer free. I am in recovery mode now. I have a hospital bed and round the clock care at my home. Cancer may be gone, but there is still a long road ahead of me. Without the assistance of these two companies, I would have lost everything. As for atoning for their past "sins", I do not care what they have done in the past. As I stated in my original post, I was one of the customers that would say things when my servers were offline. They have more than made up for those past "sins".

You tell me another company that would have done something like this?? I cannot think of any. I, for one, will always be a grateful customer of QUADIX and VolumeDrive.

Quote Originally Posted by Liberal2875 View Post
    I would like to first thank everyone for their well wishes. I would like to report that I have had successful liver transplantation surgery and am now cancer free. I am in recovery mode now. I have a hospital bed and round the clock care at my home. Cancer may be gone, but there is still a long road ahead of me. Without the assistance of these two companies, I would have lost everything. As for atoning for their past "sins", I do not care what they have done in the past. As I stated in my original post, I was one of the customers that would say things when my servers were offline. They have more than made up for those past "sins".

You tell me another company that would have done something like this?? I cannot think of any. I, for one, will always be a grateful customer of QUADIX and VolumeDrive.

First of all, I am happy for your personal success, as well as your technical success as well...congrats!

However, you are not in a position to able to state that the good they did for you was enough to make up for their past sins. They did not commit those sins against you, and only those that they did those acts to have a say in that matter. I for one cannot forgive them for such, as it was not just a financial wrongdoing on their side, but also an unethical action taking advantage of a built-up relationship and kindness I had showed them. As far as I am concerned they are nothing more than scam artists, attempting to clean up their image now that they are financially able to do so...after screwing over so many companies.

Also, I'd bet you the vast majority of providers would do no less for you, if you had a decent relationship with them. I think you would actually find that those who wouldn't to be the minority actually.
    SmartHost™ - Intelligent Hosting! - Multiple Locations - US/EU! - Ultra-Fast NVME SSD VPS!
    http://www.smarthost.net - sales@smarthost.net - Resale/Affiliate Programs
    Cloud Hosting - VPS Hosting - Dedicated Servers - Colocation - Flux Capacitors