hosted by liquidweb

Go Back   Web Hosting Talk : Web Hosting Main Forums : Reseller Hosting : Few starting out questions

Forum Jump

Few starting out questions

Reply Post New Thread In Reseller Hosting Subscription

Send news tip View All Posts Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 05-28-2003, 03:11 PM

Few starting out questions

I'm getting near opening my hosting site but have a few small questions that hopefully you can help me with.

1) Are there are books that you can recommend i purchase that are worth reading?

2) How good should my knowledge of scripting be as i don't plan to offer scripting support.

3) Can you recommend any good billing scripts/software for charging users on a monthly basis?

4) Are there any things i should make sure include in my terms and conditions?

5) Since its a re-seller acount would my real tasks only be answering customer support questions and getting customers and if the servers go down keeping them informed? I presume therefore that my technical knowledge need not be huge to start with?

Thanks for taking the time to read my questions

Sponsored Links
Old 05-28-2003, 03:17 PM
WHT Addict

Re: Few starting out questions

Quote:
Originally posted by meatmarket
I'm getting near opening my hosting site but have a few small questions that hopefully you can help me with.

1) Are there are books that you can recommend i purchase that are worth reading?

-Web Hosting by Carl Burnham
-Multiple Streams of Internet Income by Robert Allan or Allen(cant remember)
-One im just starting to read Influence The psychology of Persuasion(not hosting related, but can help with sales)

2) How good should my knowledge of scripting be as i don't plan to offer scripting support.

Openly state you do not support scripts you should be fine, refer them to the programming forum here or elsewhere for answers

3) Can you recommend any good billing scripts/software for charging users on a monthly basis?

Client Exec hands down

4) Are there any things i should make sure include in my terms and conditions?

Look over other companies you should get the gist, might help to have a lawyer look them over since they are a legal document

5) Since its a re-seller acount would my real tasks only be answering customer support questions and getting customers and if the servers go down keeping them informed? I presume therefore that my technical knowledge need not be huge to start with?

You can learn as you go, just be honest with your customers and keep learning.

Thanks for taking the time to read my questions

http://www.reselleredge.com/newsletter.htm

Old 05-29-2003, 09:13 AM

Thanks for the input.

Anyone got any other things i should look into before opening?

Sponsored Links
Old 05-29-2003, 09:47 AM
Web Hosting Master

Do research on your host. Your upstream can make or break you, if you have a customer with a problem and you can't fix it, and your host does not respond in a timely manner then your customer is stuck also. If the servers go down and your not informed on what the problem is and what is going on then your left looking like a dummy.

Jsut some things to consider.

Related posts from TheWhir.com
Title Type Date Posted
What Can Hosts Do to Fight Child Endangerment Online? Join Us Thursday to Find Out! Blog 2014-04-16 12:54:35
Nominet Plans to Make Shorter .UK Domains Available Starting June 10 Web Hosting News 2014-02-03 12:08:10
Symantec to Discontinue Backup Exec.Cloud; Customers Presented with Next-Step Options Web Hosting News 2013-12-03 14:49:46
Cloud Experts Answer Windows Azure Questions Aboard Super-Sonic Jet Blog 2013-10-10 14:51:32
Who Wants to be a Hosting Millionaire? with Jack Zubarev Web Hosting News 2013-02-06 20:01:39