Question Peoplehost and Wisehosting?

Does anyone have any long-term experiece with Peoplehost and/or Wisehosting that could tell me what they think of both or either?

Thanks,
    Trevor

Thumbs down Avoid WiseHosting and PeopleHost!

Quick Answer: Stay away from PeopleHost and WiseHosting.

Long Answer: About 10 months ago I was in need of an additional small reseller hosting package (I wanted to keep my friend's accounts seperate from my business accounts) and decided it couldn't hurt to try another company.

I signed up with PeopleHost because after registering some domains with NameCheap, I noticed that their prices were relatively decent. Uptime and server loads were okay, nothing great, nothing terrible. The server load seemed to be very high most of the time. Support wasn't the greatest, either. They answered when they felt like it, or when the question was easy.

About 3 months after signing up, I got a great colo deal for a personal server and cancelled my account so I could move everything over to my own server.

A month later, I got a notice that 2Checkout had billed me for recurring PeopleHost/WiseHosting services for the account which I had already cancelled.

I contacted them, they said it was a mistake, my account WAS cancelled, and they credited my card 4 days later.

It happened again. And again. And again. I THINK I got all the charges reversed, but who knows after as many times as it happened. They said the same things every time it happened.

Now, just a few months ago, I got all sorts of crazy e-mails from staff of both saying that their business partnership had been broken off and not to trust the other company.

Dear snide,

Please “DO NOT” provide your credit card information to PeopleHost.com.
    We have your billing information and there is no need for any additional info.

We are not responsible for any damage or unnecessary charges they make to your account if you pass your CC and billing information to them.

To be safe and avoid any issues or harassments please ignore any emails you receive from them and “DO NOT” provide any information to them. There have been some clients who have suffered from their illegal actions and false statements; so we thought to notify you of the current situation for you to be aware of.

Thank you again and sorry for placing you in such a situation.

Support Team
    http://support.wisehosting.net
    http://www.wisehosting.net

I was confused because I didn't know who the hell WiseHosting was. I was a PeopleHost client. But now, I didn't have an account (logins/passwords, anything) with either company, but I was still being billed. When I submitted a support request to complain about being charged again for a cancelled account, this is what I got as a reply:

Yes thanks for the email. I am sorry you cannot get WiseHosting to stop your billing. This is exactly the kind of reason we do not want to deal with them anymore.

If you are interested in PeopleHost again let me know I would love to provide you the level of support you would like to recieve!

Steve Horrighs
    PeopleHost Support

And the childish chain of trash-talkin' carried on and on and on....

It has come to my attention that Wisehosting is now stealing email directed to us at peoplehost.com so if you are a reseller and would like to switch to us please email this alternate yahoo email account of:

horrighs@yahoo.com

or feel free to call me at 312 xxx-xxxx

We would like to get you moved over asap!

Thank you again

Steve Horrighs
    Peoplehost.com

And just yesterday, I received a notice from WiseHosting saying that I would be billed on the 30th for my recurring hosting services.

The funny part was, after I had to complain to both companies, they both asked if I was interested in their new hosting accounts.

Snide, I am sorry you have had such problems getting your account cancelled.

The long and short of the whole ordeal is PeopleHost.com was setup as a reseller with WiseHosting. This was in about Oct of last year. At some point PeopleHost started offering Reseller accounts, some agreement, that I am not party to, was setup between PeopleHost.com and WiseHosting. As PeopleHost.com grew I was hired to control its operation and along with that move to our own dedicated servers to get more control over our accounts. We moved all of our hosting accounts off of the WiseHosting servers to our own dedicated servers. When we wanted to move the Reseller accounts WiseHosting told us they were there accounts and we had no claim to them... so began that email "war" you quoted.

My position is that you signed up with PeopleHost.com you were our customer so that is that. But WiseHosting does not see it that way and that is fine, I don't care to keep on about it.

Anyhow, to cancel your WiseHosting account you need to following instructions:

Account Cancellation

In order to cancel your account please send an email to sales@wisehosting.net with the below information. Sending an email and simply requesting to terminate an account will not be considered due to security and client safety purposes.

Information to include in your cancellation request email: (REQUIRED)

Domain Name
    Username
    Password
    Last 4 digits of your credit card
    E-mail must be sent from the email address you have in file with us.
    Note: Account cancellations must be done at least 5 days prior to the next billing cycle in order to prevent the following months charge. This does not apply to the First month of service and a 30 day full money back and refund is guaranteed.
    We have had several resellers move back to us and WiseHosting is refusing to cancel the billing unless these instructions are followed exactly.

Again sorry you had a bad experience with us that transition was a hard one but PeopleHost.com is a top notch company now. We have our own dedicated servers, offer telephone support to customers and provide typical email turn around within 2 hours.

Thanks for your past business and I hope you can get the WiseHosting billing corrected!

Steve

<Signature to be set up in your profile>
    Last edited by anon-e-mouse; 02-17-2004 at 01:13 AM.

Why waste all the time with both hosts lolly gagging you, i would gone direct to 2CO and gotten them to cancel the charges...

that is exactly what i recommended to several people.

Steve

<Signature to be set up in your profile>
    Last edited by anon-e-mouse; 02-17-2004 at 01:12 AM.

I'm considering cancelling with them - thanks for the advance notice

Why are you wanting to cancel? I would be happy to help you if you have an issue.

Steve Horrighs

Please see the PM I sent you detailing my problems.