Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Searching for host. 12TB Storage, 8GB RAM, 1Gbps Dedicated, 20TB Transfer. Windows.

I've been going through probably hundreds of hosts now and I'm having trouble finding this.

I need:

12TB SATA Storage
    1Gbps dedicated
    20TB Data transfer
    8GB RAM
    As many CPU/Cores as possible. Will be running applications with 4K+ threads. (No mining)
    Windows 2008/2012
    NA/EU location

Anyone have any <<snipped>>/suggestions? Strictly legitimate use, no warez, pronz, streaming, cp, gambling...etc etc.

Thanks!
    Last edited by anon-e-mouse; 05-23-2015 at 12:45 AM.

What's your budget for something like this? The kicker for the budget is obviously the drives so it really depends on your budget but I'd imagine quite a few providers could provide something that fits this.
    David Byrne | Dedispec, LLC.
    Affordable Dedicated Servers | Storage & GPU Servers | Web Hosting | Colocation | West Virginia, Missouri & Texas
    www.dedispec.com - sales@dedispec.com

I can afford ~$500 max for it.

Quote Originally Posted by mikeads66 View Post
    I can afford ~$500 max for it.

Surprising, because at that budget you should zero problem meeting those requirements.
    SmartHost™ - Intelligent Hosting! - Multiple Locations - US/EU! - Ultra-Fast NVME SSD VPS!
    http://www.smarthost.net - sales@smarthost.net - Resale/Affiliate Programs
    Cloud Hosting - VPS Hosting - Dedicated Servers - Colocation - Flux Capacitors

Quote Originally Posted by HostJedi View Post
    Surprising, because at that budget you should zero problem meeting those requirements.
    Any recommendations? All hosts i find end up falling short in some area.

Quote Originally Posted by HostJedi View Post
    My thoughts exactly.

Any recommendations? All hosts i find end up falling short in some area.
    Did you require a managed or unmanaged services? There should be a huge list of providers that would work for this. Any specific location within the U.S. or EU? You can also try contacting providers you've looked into and see if they can do something custom by doing 12TB of storage, a lot of providers should be able to do this.
    Affordable Dedicated Servers | Storage & GPU Servers | Web Hosting | Colocation | West Virginia, Missouri & Texas

Quote Originally Posted by Dedispec View Post
    My thoughts exactly.

Did you require a managed or unmanaged services? There should be a huge list of providers that would work for this. Any specific location within the U.S. or EU?
    Unmanaged. No real specific locations in US/EU. EU maybe at Amsterdam if possible.

I've only been looking at what host's websites have to offer. I'll make an attempt to contact some directly and see if i can get what i need.

Unmanaged. No real specific locations in US/EU. EU maybe at Amsterdam if possible.

I've only been looking at what host's websites have to offer. I'll make an attempt to contact some directly and see if i can get what i need.
    Some larger storage solutions may not be available on their site but a lot of providers can do custom setups, so it doesn't hurt to contact them to see. Otherwise if you still have issues finding anything the community here can give you a huge list of providers that could do this.

With your budget is is very easy to find. There nothing special at all.

You can get this space in RAID10, like 6 x 4TB - 12TB very fast disk space
    4 x 4 TB RAID5, 5 x 3TB RAID5, etc..
    Affordable custom Single/DUAL - Intel/AMD CPU servers EU | Configure
    Linux, Windows VPS in LT/UK/NL/USA | Get one now

I'm surprised to see you went through hundreds of hosts and haven't found a single one to meet your requirements
    Your budget is ok and it should not be that hard on finding a reliable provider in Europe or North America.
    » www.InstantDedicated.com - Online in no time
    » Dedicated Servers in [EU] Netherlands + Belgium with DAILY support, also on weekends
    » 3.2 Tbit/s Network AS49453 with only 100 Gbit/s uplink backbone
    » 1G/10G/40G/100 Gbit ports available | 99,99% Network Uptime goal

Searching for host. 12TB Storage, 8GB RAM, 1Gbps Dedicated, 20TB Transfer. Wi...

How about a custom server from Unmetered.com (use their server builder)? This seems to come well within your budget.

For CPU cores you could choose the HP Proliant DL165 which has 2 x Opteron 6272 processors giving you 32 cores in total.

It seems you have a normal hardware requirement and a good budget!
    What are the main problems you are having with the hosts you contacted so far?
    Amanah Tech Inc.
    151 Front Street, Toronto, Canada
    Affordable Colocation & 100TB Dedicated Servers.
    Email: sales@amanah.com | +1 416 603 9825 X1 | http://www.amanah.com

That's a good budget, who have you tried out so far? What category did they fall short on?

Quote Originally Posted by Chris-M View Post
    How about a custom server from Unmetered.com (use their server builder)? This seems to come well within your budget.

For CPU cores you could choose the HP Proliant DL165 which has 2 x Opteron 6272 processors giving you 32 cores in total.
    Well, the Opterib 6272 is exactly what I'm looking for, and they have 2x which is great. But they don't seem to offer 1Gbps, only 500Mbps with "Burstable" 1Gbps for 36hours/month. For the price however, i can live with that for a month.

The reviews I'm finding about them however aren't the best. Anyone here have Unmetered.com?

Unmetered.com is a brand of Intergenia; they also run Server4You and Serverloft (different target markets). We use them for various purposes and they have always been reliable, efficient and friendly.

Most of the negative reviews are from people who don't know how to manage a server and expect more than what "unmanaged" offers. They are fully unmanaged and if you don't know how to manage a server, don't use them. However, if you're an experienced server administrator they will be a great choice.

Unmetered.com is a brand of Intergenia; they also run Server4You and Serverloft (different target markets). We use them for various purposes and they have always been reliable, efficient and friendly.

Most of the negative reviews are from people who don't know how to manage a server and expect more than what "unmanaged" offers. They are fully unmanaged and if you don't know how to manage a server, don't use them. However, if you're an experienced server administrator they will be a great choice.
    Do you have an Unmetered server? Could you do an IP test for me?

I need to do an IP test to see if the servers will have access to 3 IPs. I contacted Unmetered but they just emailed me back saying that since they're not from a datacenter, they wouldn't be able to test.

You can try leaseweb. they have some 24Tb storage servers which fits your budget.
    PraHost.com - Since 2007
    Dedicated Servers - 1GE / 10GE / 25GE / 40GE / 100GE Unmetered Bandwidth | Exclusive Adult & Streaming Friendly Servers
    Data Centers: Netherlands, Germany, UK, Singapore

Do you have an Unmetered server? Could you do an IP test for me?

I need to do an IP test to see if the servers will have access to 3 IPs. I contacted Unmetered but they just emailed me back saying that since they're not from a datacenter, they wouldn't be able to test.
    PM me with the details and i'll do a test for you. You can also use http://mirror.serverloft.com to perform some test downloads (hosted on the same network in St Louis as Unmetered.com servers).

PM me with the details and i'll do a test for you. You can also use http://mirror.serverloft.com to perform some test downloads (hosted on the same network in St Louis as Unmetered.com servers).
    Seems like I can't send a PM because i don't have enough posts or something

I put the hosts:ports in a pastebin: http://pastebin.com/nZx4D5fi (expires in an hour)

The two bottom hosts don't respond to pings, i need to be able to connect to their HTTP ports. My current host has issues with those two.

I was able to connect to all three addresses with the ports you specified from a server in their St Louis datacenter. Was there something else you wanted me to do other than confirm I can reach the IP's?

I was able to connect to all three addresses with the ports you specified from a server in their St Louis datacenter. Was there something else you wanted me to do other than confirm I can reach the IP's?
    That's perfect! Thanks.

One last thing, Unmetered doesn't seem to list the OS price when you're "building" a server, and they say you can select it in your control panel. Do you know how much they charge for Windows 2012? I found a PDF (http://www.us.unmetered.com/template...metered-us.pdf) that say's it's $20 monthly.

That's perfect! Thanks.

One last thing, Unmetered doesn't seem to list the OS price when you're "building" a server, and they say you can select it in your control panel. Do you know how much they charge for Windows 2012? I found a PDF (http://www.us.unmetered.com/template...metered-us.pdf) that say's it's $20 monthly.
    The way it works is: you get the server, then install an OS from their control panel once the server is ready for installation. If you choose to install Windows at that point, they'll bill you for the $20 extra fee (and then on each month's recurring invoice thereafter). It's the same for adding Plesk, IP addresses, etc. All the addon fees are in the pricelist at the URL you quoted.

You can easily find what you need with that budget.
    You should contact hosting companies directly, see if they can setup something custom for you. Many hosting companies can do it.
    Offshore Web Hosting, VPS Hosting & Dedicated Servers
    Protect your data & privacy.
    All servers are located in Luxembourg.
    W: beneluxservers.com | E: sales@beneluxservers.com

I've been going through probably hundreds of hosts now and I'm having trouble finding this.

I need:

12TB SATA Storage
    1Gbps dedicated
    20TB Data transfer
    8GB RAM
    As many CPU/Cores as possible. Will be running applications with 4K+ threads. (No mining)
    Windows 2008/2012
    NA/EU location

Anyone have any <<snipped>>/suggestions? Strictly legitimate use, no warez, pronz, streaming, cp, gambling...etc etc.

Thanks!

I'd suggest you to do:

Buy a server off ebay, something like

Code:
     http://www.ebay.com/itm/Supermicro-2U-Server-X8DTN-2x-Xeon-E5620-2-4ghz-Quad-Core-32gb-12x-1tb-Raid-/291212570062?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item43cd9f2dce
    find a cheap dc, ship it there and colo it. You will save hundreds of dollars monthly plus you will also own the hardware.

I need:

12TB SATA Storage
    1Gbps dedicated
    20TB Data transfer
    8GB RAM
    Windows 2008/2012
    NA/EU location

Thanks!
    I'm sure you've found someone by now, but I don't think you should have any issue finding that spec within that budget. There are a lot of providers in the EU that offer large HD configs. Mentioned earlier I too think you should contact a provider directly, you can always get a better deal too!
    WattaServer.com
    Performance & Quality Dedicated Servers & Virtual Private Servers
    100+ CPU Types, 30 Locations, Affordable Prices & Excellent Support, Since 1994!
    99.9% Uptime, Multi-homed BGP Network, DDoS, Managed Services, and more!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast