regarding the host I just signed up with...

Hi,
    I just sign up with a new host, that offer 3gig HDD and 90gig transfer for 30USD/month.

I signed up on 21 may and until now I still haven't get my 2 IP for my nameserver. (not going to name the host to protect their business). I have email the host but they say they are getting the IP now and told me to wait.. It been a week now.. and I'm still waiting... to shift my clients to the new host..

Do you think I should request a chargeback from 2checkout.com and find another host?

Regards,
    sKy Neo Gim Tiong
    sky's The LimiT

Re: regarding the host I just signed up with...

I would first try to do it the right way. Sending emails. Checking whois, give them a call or send a fax.

And if this doesnt help, I would call the cc service for a refund/charge back.

Originally posted by HighSky
    I just sign up with a new host, that offer 3gig HDD and 90gig transfer for 30USD/month.
    Next time, choose a host with realistic pricing
    I wish I was a carpenter

Most dedicated server provider can issue IPs for their subscribers within 24 hours. 7 days seem a bit long to me.

However, a chargeback is not neccesery in this case. Since it's only the first week, you should be bouched by a money back guarantee or so. Let them know your disatisfaction and would like your account closed.

I have email them and sent a request at helpdesk.. on 24 May, they reply me on 27 may with the following message..

"You are on alpha server correct? We've ordered Ip's for both servers just waiting for them to come in. "

and now I'm still waiting, does anyone know what the average time you get IP?

maybe i should told them to cancel my account so that i can look for another host, Just send a helpdesk again now at 12:12am hope that they will reply when I wake up at 6am. Now too tired to think of anything..

Regards,
    sKy Neo Gim Tiong
    sky's The LimiT

Right. Just cancel the account. Request a refund. Move on.
    There is no best host. There is only the host that's best for you.

Get out....quick. The last time I had to order IP's from my dedicated provider I had them in 20 minutes. Although there can be delays...7 days is outside acceptable.

Get out!
    $ 30 3/30gig is not realistic

Originally posted by HighSky
    I have email them and sent a request at helpdesk.. on 24 May, they reply me on 27 may . . .
    Over a week to get IPs

Three days to respond to a helpdesk request

You said you wouldn't name the company to protect their business. It seems you are more concerned about their business than they are

Cancel and move on.

yjack

Originally posted by Heriberto
    Get out!
    That's 3GB / 90GB traffic .. hehe..for $30 .. I think to too good to be true ..
    Roy K.
    Pixie Internet Services - http://www.pixiehost.com
    Affordable, reliable hosting solution with Instant Activation

Originally posted by Heriberto
    Get out!
    Sure it is. I could sell 16 of those packages and still make a $380.00 a month profit on one server. Even with 3/90 I could sell 5 packages and make a $50.00 profit. (although I wouldn't I might add. It is possible )

However, with 7 days for ips way to long. And 3 days to answer a support ticket. I think you should bail out now while you still can.
    Bonnie - http://ansmediagroup.com - http://peachydomains.com
    Hosting since Aug 3, 2002 - Domain Registration since Feb 26, 2003
    Former CredibleHost clients can access their domains at http://access.enom.com to update their dns entries. I may be contacted for any reaons by emailing me through these forums.

I currently going thru a issue with getting a new class c from ARIN and it took about 3 days.
    Although add another day for routing issues.. but still NO way waiting 7 days!!

And yes Bonnmac - You culd make a profit off of it, but not enough of a profit once you minus them processor fess from that $50.00 month

I don't about you but at least I make sure my profits can buy my family dinner at McD's
    Regards,
    Eric