hosted by liquidweb

Go Back   Web Hosting Talk : Web Hosting Main Forums : Reseller Hosting : reseller

Closed Thread

Forum Jump

reseller

Closed Thread Post New Thread In Reseller Hosting Subscription

Send news tip View All Posts Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 03-29-2000, 01:38 AM

Lightbulb

http://www.canaca.com <---- Good Reseller Program

Sponsored Links
Old 04-02-2000, 01:26 AM

Thumbs down

Careful of canaca.com for a couple of reasons:
They are resellers for communitech.net (check their IP address--it's owned by communitech.net). They also offer plans that are identical to the communitech.net reseller plans. This could be a major problem because if you buy from them and then they allow you to resell under their resellers agreement, and then they either leave communitech.net or do something that gets them kicked off, you lose not only your account but all accounts you have resold (because canaca had resold them to you and they have to keep their account open in order for your account to remain open). They also post numerous questions in communitech's support forums (including one complaining about communitech's name being in the header of an email that went to their clients):
QUOTE:
Any E-mail that was sent to me at canaca.com came with this information with it, at the end of the page.
From sandrolina@sympatico.ca Mon May 31 01:22:10 1999
Return-Path: <sandrolina@sympatico.ca>
Received: from smtp11.bellglobal.com ([204.101.251.53]) by mars.communitech.net ; Mon, 31 May 1999 01:22:10 -600
Received: from sandro.bellglobal.com (HSE-TOR-ppp35061.sympatico.ca [209.226.131.160])
by smtp11.bellglobal.com (8.8.5/8.8.5) with SMTP id CAA13945
for <canaca@canaca.com>; Mon, 31 May 1999 02:24:51 -0400 (EDT)
Message-Id: <4.1.19990531022337.0093a1e0>
X-Sender: b1pjfo06@pop1.sympatico.ca
X-Mailer: QUALCOMM Windows Eudora Pro Version 4.1
Date: Mon, 31 May 1999 02:23:49 -0700
To: canaca@canaca.com
Mime-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: text/plain; charset="us-ascii"

I also would think that our clients got the same thing.

[This message has been edited by canaca (edited May 31, 1999).]
END QUOTE

What troubles me most about canaca.com is that they also operate under the domain name nortel.to. Nortel is a large communications corporation that will probably not take kindly to some reseller of web hosting using their good name and reputation to resell hosting while pretending that they are the actual owners of the servers. When the real Nortel come down on canaca.com's nortel.to shell, well...I'd hate to be depending on them to be reselling services to me so that I kind resell them to some poor slob who doesn't know enough to thoroughly check out their host...
Just my 2 cents.

Old 04-02-2000, 09:41 PM
dillen

Wink

Dear Guest,

I host with canaca.com and by far off they have better service then Communitech. Their technical support and prices beat communitech's regular accounts. I have never had any problem with them that they did not resolved within hours. Actually i like you know alot about them and have check up on everything. I have also questioned them about Nortel.to. They own the rights to that domain name. This means that Nortel Networks can't do anything. As a matter of fact the reason they no longer have the nortel.to webstie up is because they were about to sell it to them. They own nortel.to and mbanx.to. << --- One of the begist credit card companies.

Well thats just my openion. they been around for a while and as far as they are going... they dont look like they will stop their services any time soon.

Bye
dillen

Sponsored Links
Old 04-02-2000, 10:09 PM

Thumbs down

dillen--
perhaps you don't realize that your isp's ip address is attached to your posts--it is the same as that of canaca's. Hmmm.

Old 04-02-2000, 10:22 PM
Junior Guru Wannabe

Unhappy

This topic is being closed to prevent an outbreak of disbelief at how dumb canaca must believe the members here are. Read bobbydigitals own admission under general web hosting posted 15 minutes before this "reply" under yet another name. I have no comment one way or another about canaca but suggest anyone wanting to host with them read both threads to get an idea of their business practices.

Closed Thread

Related posts from TheWhir.com
Title Type Date Posted
SSLGURU Listing 2014-04-23 00:29:18
SherWeb Listing 2014-04-23 00:31:12
Domain Registrar Namecheap Launches SSL Reseller Program Web Hosting News 2013-01-31 15:30:14
VIDEO: ResellerClub on New Reseller Hosting Products, Upcoming India Event Whir Tv 2013-10-05 04:27:11
Web Host Go Daddy Launches VPS Reseller Hosting Web Hosting News 2012-08-20 14:47:27