myid.ca taking drops?

Anyone else have this problem?

I tried to get a .ca TBR drop with myid.ca. They successfully captured it and it went to auction since more than 1 person wanted it.
    I didn't win but that's ok. I was curious today so I checked the WHOIS for the domain and the registrant name is Danny Hunter, a senior VP in myid.ca.

I understand everyone can register a domain, but this seems very fishy, and bad business practice. Are they really paying what they bid for or just the basic registration fee to CIRA?

Quote Originally Posted by icewa View Post
    Anyone else have this problem?

I tried to get a .ca TBR drop with myid.ca. They successfully captured it and it went to auction since more than 1 person wanted it.
    I didn't win but that's ok. I was curious today so I checked the WHOIS for the domain and the registrant name is Danny Hunter, a senior VP in myid.ca.

I understand everyone can register a domain, but this seems very fishy, and bad business practice. Are they really paying what they bid for or just the basic registration fee to CIRA?
    They might just be holding the domain until they have been paid - this is quite common practice for .CA drop-catching.
    DomainCocoon provides technical, development & ICANN accreditation consulting to domain portfolio managers, hosting companies, registrars and resellers.