Recommendations for reliable email hosting for small business?

I have a website client (currently on a VPS) that is in need of better email service. They only have a few employees, but email is heavy volume and large amounts of data (individual accounts have up to 13 GB and growing). Good spam filtering is equally important. Would prefer not to deal with even a managed VPS or dedicated server, and cheap shared hosting isn't going to cut it. Most of the company is Mac based if that makes a difference.

The two top choices right now are Rackspace Email and Google Apps for Work. We've started to rule out Google Apps for Work because we think standard IMAP/POP email is a better fit than Google Apps for Work.

My questions are.....Does anyone have a big vote for or against Rackspace Email? Does anyone have another recommendation for a reliable/robust email hosting service?

Thanks,
    Brian

I always advocate hosted Exchange. Simply nothing better compared to it. Especially for massive mailboxes and mail-stores and client compatibility.

Rackspace will be fine (way better than google) but really any managed service provider with hosted exchange can help. << snipped >>
    Last edited by Ash; 04-28-2015 at 06:44 AM.
    ubxCloud, Inc.
    Managed helpdesk, managed cloud and hosted virtual desktop provider.
    We are midwest based Citrix and Microsoft Service providers.
    Tel: 1-888-509-2568 | Info@ubxcloud.com

Office365 from Microsoft. It's competitively priced, feature rich, and the based on the global standard for business email (outlook and exchange). They will also will have access to several other Microsoft software applications that could benefit their business.
    Travis T | VP
    Data102
    - Colorado Springs' Public Datacenter
    Virtual Private Servers | Colocation | VoIP Hosted Handsets | Email Firewalls | And More

www.Data102.com | Speed Test | 719-387-0000 | 888-328-2012 | Call us Today!

All my customers use either Office 365 or Google Apps. Both of them are rock solid solutions to business email. To me it mainly boils down to which plan suits the individual (company wide) need best.

If they are mainly on macs then they will only like office 365 if you use web interface only. It is designed to be used with outlook and the Mac version isn't great.

Go with either a pop or IMAP solution using apple mail or go with google apps but again only using web interface.
    Silicon Servers: Server Colocation in New York City and New Jersey http://www.siliconservers.com

Quote Originally Posted by itnycsilicon View Post
    If they are mainly on macs then they will only like office 365 if you use web interface only. It is designed to be used with outlook and the Mac version isn't great.

Go with either a pop or IMAP solution using apple mail or go with google apps but again only using web interface.
    The new Mac version of Outlook is awesome. I never had any issues with 2011 either. I do prefer the Windows interface but there are no usability issues on my end.
    Apple Mail plays well with Office 365 and Google Apps too.