Angry Need a new shared host. Hawkhost no response to request for help

Over the last 3 months I have made no less then 30 calls requesting help to access the client area for Hawk Host. I have left messages on Hawk Host sales line, billing line and support and not one response to help. Today I again sent a request for help and advised I also wanted to upgrade service. I did receive a reply saying will refer to billing. But no help on accessing the client area to get questions answered. I have one month of paid service with Hawk Host but want new hosting plan asap. So now I feel it is time to find a good host. I need about 12gb of disk space. lots of band, good service, fair price. Any thoughts?

Quote Originally Posted by craigberesh View Post
    Over the last 3 months I have made no less then 30 calls requesting help to access the client area for Hawk Host. I have left messages on Hawk Host sales line, billing line and support and not one response to help. Today I again sent a request for help and advised I also wanted to upgrade service. I did receive a reply saying will refer to billing. But no help on accessing the client area to get questions answered. I have one month of paid service with Hawk Host but want new hosting plan asap. So now I feel it is time to find a good host. I need about 12gb of disk space. lots of band, good service, fair price. Any thoughts?
    Are you using 12 gb of space right now? What's your budget for lots of bandwidth and what are you hosting?

currently using 6gb need room for expansion so 12 should do. I run 3 word press domains. One is highly active. 10.00 per month is budget

You budget seems reasonable but seems like you might have a large WP site. Depending on the cpu/memory your sites you use, you many want to consider a VPS as well. Although a VPS is a bit more expensive than shared hosting, you will get better bang for your buck if you are looking high usage, cpu and bandwidth.
    247-HostAffordable and Reliable Web Hosting & Reseller Hosting
    • Managed VPS & Dedicated Servers powered by cPanel/WHM
    • cPANEL/WHM Shared and Reseller Web Hosting with Softaculous
    • We can transfer your sites for you!

not ready to go vps yet

CPU Usage 0 / 100 %

Physical Memory Usage 58.6 / 1024 MB

Entry Processes 0 / 20

Number of Processes 0 / 100

I/O Usage 0 / 5 MB/s

Disk Space Usage 4.09 GB / 5.86 GB

Monthly Bandwidth Transfer 8.24 GB / ∞

What issues are you having accessing their client area?
    Looking for an awesome VPS Offer? CLICK HERE

"Knowing is not enough, we must apply. Willing is not enough, we must do." – Bruce Lee

if you want to host 3 website you should look at reseller hosting plans. what is your preferred location?

I can recommend StableHost for shared hosting, they do cost a bit more than others for the most part but the reliability is great.
    ExtraVM - DDoS Protected NVMe VPS, Website Hosting, & Game Servers
    Dallas, TX | Miami, FL | Los Angeles, CA | Piscataway, NJ | Amsterdam, NL | Singapore | Tokyo, JP

Quote Originally Posted by FernGullyGraphics View Post
    What issues are you having accessing their client area?
    Could not remember password and the recovery process errors out. I am now more mad then ever because of the no response no my calls.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike_A View Post
    I can recommend StableHost for shared hosting, they do cost a bit more than others for the most part but the reliability is great.
    Looks good but I do send out 400 email an hour when I send out newsletter. I will have to call and see if that can be worked out.

Well for your price I can promise you can easily get good service but you may want to consider reseller as someone said. Split them up between 3 accounts make it easier for yourself.
    Fast Reliable Web Hosting Dedicated to beginner users. DirectAdmin Shared Hosting. https://bhdmmwh2.us/
    Many plans and custom plans offered at fair prices.
    Proudly hosting customers since 2012.

Quote Originally Posted by BHDMMWH View Post
    Well for your price I can promise you can easily get good service but you may want to consider reseller as someone said. Split them up between 3 accounts make it easier for yourself.
    Agree, having them in a reseller can make things easier. I would also set a dedicated IP for the domain that sends the newsletter.
    RDO Servers - Shared Hosting, Resellers, VPS, Dedicated Servers, & Secure Clusters
    Windows Hosting with Plesk Onyx - Linux Hosting with cPanel - LiteSpeed - CloudLinux - MariaDB
    Providing Excellent Hosting since 2009!

As another person said a reseller account would be good for you it will separate each website and give you easier access to manage each account and keep the files seperate incase one takes off you can easily move it to a vps or dedicated server without having to manually pull everything from one account. The company I would suggest is hostdime, jaxvps, or crocweb for your shared, vps or reseller needs all three are good companies and I have used them and still use them.

Also if you are sending email's in a newsletter than you may want to look into a mail service like mailchimp it will save you from getting introuble with your host for accidentally getting their ip on a blocklist.

There are two possible routes that you I'd say is the way to go. The first one is the obvious reseller account and separating out each website with it's own cPanel account or the alternative is to look for providers offering Semi-Dedicated plans (aka Enterprise Hosting Plans), these are normal cPanel plans however have more resources allocated to them in terms of CPU, RAM and number of emails per hour and the servers they are hosted on are usually far less crowded.
    Kushal || Host4Geeks || Operating Fully Owned Infrastructure out of 4 Global Datacenters US / UK / India
    Reseller Hosting - Pure SSD | Nginx + LSAPI | Let's Encrypt | WHMCS or Blesta | DDoS Protection| 24x7 Support
    Fully Managed SSD VPS - cPanel /WHM | Softaculous | Let's Encrypt | DDoS Protection | Proactive Monitoring | Server Hardening
    Datacenters - Los Angeles, CA | Lenoir, NC | London, UK |Pune, India

I agree with @Host4Geeks-Kushal
    Alternatively you can just choose between a semi-dedicated or reseller if you do not spend too large resource, this will be good for you in the future as well for no abuse on their servers
    Hopefully get that fit your search criteria
    LiteSpace.Net Affordable & Reliable Shared & Reseller Hosting
    High Premium Bandwidth || Phoenix, AZ & Atlanta, GA Best Performance!!
    Pure SSD || MariaDB || CloudLinux || DDoS || Daily Backup || 99.9% Uptime ||==> sales[at]litespace.net

So now I feel it is time to find a good host.
    It seems you are already late to find a good host. But it's better late than never.

While considering your plan to grow, I would recommend to go for a Reseller account as this will also allow you to host multiple domains. You can get a reseller account with a reputable hosting provider with a budget of $10-$20. Just give it a check in the offer section as well.
    InnoHosting, Performance Web Hosting || US: 1-888-522-INNO UK: 0800 612 8075
    Web Hosting - Virtual Servers - Managed Servers - Application Hosting
    Reseller Hosting with WHMCS & Preloaded KB | SSL | activGuard | End User Support
    Nginx / CloudLinux / Idera Backups / True 24x7 Support / 10+ Years in Business

I think it's more than time for moving was long ago.

Based on your requirements - 10-12GB space and plenty bandwidth - I would suggest you take a look at BigScoots; they have a couple of plans that fit your needs and budget, and they are very good (been with them since last year, I can vouch for that).
    My "ranking" is kidding.
    I'm just a humble client, here to seek help and guidance from the true experts.

Looks good but I do send out 400 email an hour when I send out newsletter. I will have to call and see if that can be worked out.
    Have you considered an external mailing service such as Mandrill/Mailchimp? Sending 400 emails an hour on a shared host would generally get you in trouble.

There's no excuse for your host to take so long to get back to you.

I suggest stablehost as well. I switched to their service recently and it's been great so far!

Today I again sent a request for help and advised I also wanted to upgrade service. I did receive a reply saying will refer to billing. But no help on accessing the client area to get questions answered.
    It looks like this was in ticket ID XCL-549-59922 which I responded to yesterday. As explained in that ticket, the email address you used to contact us was not listed as an authorized contact for any hosting account with us. As a result we're not able to provide answers about a specific hosting service (our policies are very strict on this, we won't reveal *any* details about an account unless you're an authorized user for said account).

That ticket is still open and pending your response. We have ways of verifying your identity and also clearing up any authorization/access issues, so please do get back to me and I can have this sorted out for you this afternoon (at the very latest). You're also free to PM me here for more details about the situation.

Lastly if you submit a new ticket using your accounts authorized email address we can clear this up that way. Either way, we're certainly not trying to prevent you from upgrading your account. This is just a simple authorization issue which can easily be sorted out.

HawkHost has been in business for a long time and as you can see above, there is a valid reason. I suggest you work with them, and they will get your issues resolved.

Good Luck.

- Daniel