Who are the good dedicated providers?

Hey guys, it has been awhile since I posted. I no longer sell web hosting, vps or dedicated servers to the general public via the web and am out of the loop on who has a good reputation and who does not. I do still host websites for local clients and need an additional server. Rather than ship some old hardware to be colo, or buying some hardware I decided to go the dedicated route. If you guys could suggest what providers you are happy with and let me know who to stay away from that would be awesome. If you can point me in the right direction I can take it from there and investigate each company I am interested in. Thanks

Is there a particular location, configuration, or budget that you are working within? Are you looking for managed or unmanaged hosting?

This is pretty generic, and I am flexible on everything but CentOS/cPanel. I can say I want the best value for a reliable server, not sacrifice reliable to get the cheapest server available. I will be hosting a handful of sites for local businesses. They pay a premium for hosting so good reliability is the most important. I can not have frequent downtime.

Configuration: CentOS, cPanel, min 8 gb ram, 1 TB xfer, 500 GB storage, quad core cpu, unmanaged
    Budget: < $200 month

Your budget is look fair I believe every provider can provide you above configuration. You may want take a look at Dedicated Offer Section.

You will not have an issue finding a provider with your budget. I suggest having a look at the popular E3 servers.

Quote Originally Posted by MrPiang View Post
    Your budget is look fair I believe every provider can provide you above configuration. You may want take a look at Dedicated Offer Section.
    Yes, there are a lot of great providers in the offer section of the forum. Check there first, and you should be able to find a good deal with a solid provider.

You should get a really good server with that budget.

Are you concerned about phone support or just good time on answer of tickets?

Plenty have good support on both tickets and phone nowadays.

There are many hosting now a days provides customize package also like baby packages, business packages, where it is like our mini dedicated server with very low cost.

Have you checked reliablesite.net ?

Have 1 server with them, best config for the price i am paying, until now, all good.

Your budget is well to get a good server, many good dedicated provider have good support with fast ticket response, fast automatic server setup, automatic and free OS install and reload, give free IPMI for a unmanaged server.

Quote Originally Posted by Galaxy-Hosts View Post
    This is pretty generic, and I am flexible on everything but CentOS/cPanel. I can say I want the best value for a reliable server, not sacrifice reliable to get the cheapest server available. I will be hosting a handful of sites for local businesses. They pay a premium for hosting so good reliability is the most important. I can not have frequent downtime.

Configuration: CentOS, cPanel, min 8 gb ram, 1 TB xfer, 500 GB storage, quad core cpu, unmanaged
    Budget: < $200 month
    Your budget is solid for the server and software you are looking for. I would most likely stick to a provider that can provide secure IPMI access so you have full easy control of the server.
    You may consider looking at a pair of raided drives for redundancy sake, with the low ram/storage requirements you might be able to find this in your budget.

Quote Originally Posted by JoseDieguez View Post
    Have you checked reliablesite.net ?

Have 1 server with them, best config for the price i am paying, until now, all good.
    Thank you for the recommendation!

IOFlood is great.

I would look at LiquidWeb.
    They're a premium provider, and support is outstanding.

I currently host with Joesdatacenter; their support is fantastic - I've called and ticketed and both get responses within 30 minutes (any time of the day or night, even Easter as we were upgrading our server during that time). I also interact with Liquid Web on a daily basis for another role and their managed support is decent - I'd imagine their unmanaged support is just as good. With your budget you can easily find a dedicated server matching your needs.

Smile Is IOFlood legit?

Quote Originally Posted by Squidix - SamBarrow View Post
    IOFlood is great.
    They might be, but how does anyone contact them?

#####################

Delivery to the following recipient failed permanently:

* * *support@ioflood.com

Technical details of permanent failure:
    Message rejected by Google Groups. Please visit /mail.google.com/support/bin/answer.py?hl=en&answer=188131 to review our Bulk Email Senders Guidelines.

Return-Path: <{myemail}>
    Received: from {myserver} ({myserver}. [{myip}])
    * * * * by mx.google.com with ESMTPS id {removed}
    * * * * for <support@ioflood.com>
    * * * * (version=TLSv1.2 cipher=ECDHE-RSA-AES128-GCM-SHA256 bits=128/128);
    * * * * Fri, 17 Apr 2015 21:25:00 -0700 (PDT)
    Received-SPF: pass (google.com: domain of {myemail} designates {myip} as permitted sender) client-ip={myip};
    Authentication-Results: mx.google.com;
    * * * *spf=pass (google.com: domain of {myemail} designates {myip} as permitted sender)

#####################

/ioflood.com/contact.php

"We do not currently offer phone support"

"Contact Us to learn more," /ioflood.com/contactus.php , "404 Not Found"

#####################

So, can't send them an email, they don't do phone calls, and their web contact form 404s.

The do offer great deals, IF you can actually get a hold of them.

Is anyone their client that can give a heads up on if they're a legit business?

Best,
    Michael

Quote Originally Posted by Michael-Inet View Post
    They might be, but how does anyone contact them?

#####################

Delivery to the following recipient failed permanently:

* * *support@ioflood.com

Technical details of permanent failure:
    Message rejected by Google Groups. Please visit /mail.google.com/support/bin/answer.py?hl=en&answer=188131 to review our Bulk Email Senders Guidelines.

Return-Path: <{myemail}>
    Received: from {myserver} ({myserver}. [{myip}])
    * * * * by mx.google.com with ESMTPS id {removed}
    * * * * for <support@ioflood.com>
    * * * * (version=TLSv1.2 cipher=ECDHE-RSA-AES128-GCM-SHA256 bits=128/128);
    * * * * Fri, 17 Apr 2015 21:25:00 -0700 (PDT)
    Received-SPF: pass (google.com: domain of {myemail} designates {myip} as permitted sender) client-ip={myip};
    Authentication-Results: mx.google.com;
    * * * *spf=pass (google.com: domain of {myemail} designates {myip} as permitted sender)

#####################

/ioflood.com/contact.php

"We do not currently offer phone support"

"Contact Us to learn more," /ioflood.com/contactus.php , "404 Not Found"

#####################

So, can't send them an email, they don't do phone calls, and their web contact form 404s.

The do offer great deals, IF you can actually get a hold of them.

Is anyone their client that can give a heads up on if they're a legit business?

Best,
    Michael
    Hi Michael,

I'm sorry about the difficulties you've had getting ahold of us. Could you let me know where the erroneous "contactus" link is located so I can update it?

As to the email, we're using google for domains to handle email, and it would seem that google has rejected your message. Unfortunately they don't give us any controls over whitelisting or making their spam filter less aggressive. I'll speak with my technical staff to see if there are any ideas on how to work around that issue, as a small number of people are impacted by that and we would prefer that their emails get through obviously.

-Gabe

Quote Originally Posted by funkywizard View Post
    Hi Michael,

I'm sorry about the difficulties you've had getting ahold of us. Could you let me know where the erroneous "contactus" link is located so I can update it?

As to the email, we're using google for domains to handle email, and it would seem that google has rejected your message. Unfortunately they don't give us any controls over whitelisting or making their spam filter less aggressive. I'll speak with my technical staff to see if there are any ideas on how to work around that issue, as a small number of people are impacted by that and we would prefer that their emails get through obviously.

-Gabe
    Hi Gage,

I read the reply from Google, since Google itself says I have good SPF, as Google has a problem with you. I've had valid SPF on my domains for multiple years.

Personally, IF Google is rejecting messages from potential customers who've had valid SPF on their domain for multiple years, I wouldn't use Google.

The contactus.php is located on the bottom of the right menu bar of contact.php, text of link, "Or Contact Us to learn more"

One more Q while I've got you: Do you provide phone support 24/7 to your customers? If not, I can't use you. On the rare happenstance I'm away from a computer and need a reboot, I need to be able to call the provider.

Best,
    Michael

Here's the machine I was looking at:

CPU / Processor: Dual Intel Xeon L5639 Six Core CPUs (24 threads)
    Memory: 48 GB Ram
    First Hard Drive: 250GB Samsung SSD
    Second Hard Drive: 3TB 7200 RPM Enterprise Hard Drive
    Bandwidth: 10TB / mo outbound -- 1,000mbit/s port (unmetered inbound)
    Operating System: Centos 6.x latest, 64 bit (Recommended)
    KVM / IPMI: 24/7 KVM / IPMI Access
    Control Panel: Cpanel Dedicated Server License
    DDoS Protection: Automatic DDoS Protection (20gbps filtering, best effort)
    IP Addresses: 13 IP Addresses (/28 subnet)

My goto guys are

Liquidweb and their platform StormOnDemand has never let me know down. Another great provider is Wiredtree. I can sleep better when they host my customer's sites.

Good luck on your search.

Quote Originally Posted by Galaxy-Hosts View Post
    Hey guys, it has been awhile since I posted. I no longer sell web hosting, vps or dedicated servers to the general public via the web and am out of the loop on who has a good reputation and who does not. I do still host websites for local clients and need an additional server. Rather than ship some old hardware to be colo, or buying some hardware I decided to go the dedicated route. If you guys could suggest what providers you are happy with and let me know who to stay away from that would be awesome. If you can point me in the right direction I can take it from there and investigate each company I am interested in. Thanks

Nevermind Gage,

I placed the order for about the same box, at about the same price this morning. And, you not replying for multiple days answers all the questions I had.

Best,
    Michael

That budget is perfectly reasonable - you could get a high quality server for that from several different companies.

As the guys said, your budget is fair enough, so it wouldn't be a problem to find a nice solution for your needs

there will be no issue according to your budget so go to the offer section and pick one which suits your requirement suitably..thanks.