Question General Questions About Reselling

At the moment I'm attempting to educate myself in the essentials of reselling before aquiring the start-up cash. My questions are as follows:
    1) What services do I absolutely need before beginning reselling? (costs included)
    2) How much should I be spending when I'm still in the start-up process? (2 to 3 clients max at this point)
    3) I'm fairly confused on the topic of Unique IP's -
    Do I need an IP for every website I'm reselling?

I am clearly in the very beginning stages of all this - I'm not exactly sure where to start.

to add on to my questions:

4) What can I do in the meantime when I have little money to help start things up?
    5) Do people ever sell space they don't have, then purchase it with the money from the client? (most likely sending chills down the spines of all who read
    6) What's the best plan when wanting to start as soon as possible?
    7) Can many customers be found through the internet, or should I be looking at more of a word-of-mouth demographic?

Sorry for all these questions you've probably heard 1,000 times before. Thank you for any and all responses.
    - Luke

Ok Luke,

I'll answer and try to help ya out on the ones i know.

1) Reseller account, Payment Processor (Worldpay, paysystems, 2checkout, etc), Billing solution (ClientExec, Modernbill, phpmanager, etc), & a support system/helpdesk (kayako, inverseflow, clientexec, cerebus, etc)

2)I don't quite understand what you are meaning by this one... what are you wondering how much to spend on? Advertising? Reseller account? What?

3) You will receive IP's for your main reseller account, each domain does not need its own IP address.

4) Meaning advertising wise or what? There are many means of cheap/free advertising... if this is what you are looking for i will post again once you clear this up (It is late so sorry if i am off a bit when trying to understand your post)

5) I wouldn't reccomend it at all. People however do sell space in which they don't actually have... i.e. overselling. However I wouldn't reccomend you sell packages you can't support or don't have.

6) Plan plan plan, make sure customer service and support is your number 1 priority and it will help you out in the end with your growth.

7) There are enough customers on the internet for you, it just takes a lot more work since this market is saturated with the number of hosts. Look to market to your local town/county. Word of mouth will be your best form of advertising, however it will probably take you several months to see any large returns from it.

Good luck with everything, try to clarify those questions for me and I will try to get you a response

Clarification:

2) Essentially the amount of funding I will need to pay for my first months of reselling - specifically with only 3 or 4 clients

4) The original question was - what can I do to ensure a smooth start up before investing any money. On the topic of your response: Should I start advertising when I have not aquired my reseller account - wait for the amount of clients to pay the 20 dollars off - then manually enter them into my reselling account after purchasing?

Billing - also look at paypal. It is free. But be careful using them.
    Kevin Ohashi - Founder of ReviewSignal.com - Honest Web Hosting Reviews
    Check out my 2021 WordPress Hosting Performance Benchmarks, the most comprehensive look at WP hosting performance

Originally posted by Decker Luke
    Clarification:

2) Essentially the amount of funding I will need to pay for my first months of reselling - specifically with only 3 or 4 clients

4) The original question was - what can I do to ensure a smooth start up before investing any money. On the topic of your response: Should I start advertising when I have not aquired my reseller account - wait for the amount of clients to pay the 20 dollars off - then manually enter them into my reselling account after purchasing?
    2) You can find some quality reseller accounts for ~30+

4) I would get several things planned and ready to roll once you have a site up, and then get them going once you launch. Customers definatly aren't going to want to wait untill you fill up on a cash reserve to pay for your reseller account. Go ahead and put in your sig and let people know your company name, what you will be doing, and that you will be launching soon (Or give exact date if you know it)