Windows reselling?

Hello all. Brian here.

I am in desperate need of a Windows reseller plan. I have been reading all day but it seems there are few reliable companies out there. I have had too many issues with the last 2 companies I have used, and cannot afford to lose another client because my host is not reliable.

I was thinking about Infuseweb, but they are too expensive, and the fact that he charges a set up fee makes no sense now a days.

Anyone using EZwpp.net?

Anyone have a reliable host to reccommend? I am desperate at this point. BTW, for all of you about to suggest I place an ad in the hosting offeres wanted section, I have. But it is always geed to get a referral from someone actually using or have used a company.

Thank you in advance for your help.

Brian

currently using: openhosting.co.uk
    recomended by friend: 4dhosting.com
    Last edited by SilverString; 05-26-2003 at 07:25 PM.
    SilverString Studios | visual precision in design

I recommend exa-bytes.com
    rami

Re: Windows reselling?

Originally posted by bfriended
    I am in desperate need of a Windows reseller plan.
    Originally posted by SilverString
    currently using: openhosting.co.uk
    recomended by friend: unitedhosting.co.uk
    recomended by friend: 4dhosting.com
    Please read before posting Not all of these providers offer Windows based reseller plans.

That is correct, we do charge a setup fee. We don't for regular customers, but because it takes some time and extra work to setup a reseller, we think the $20 we charge is fair to ask. As much as we'd like to, we can't just give away our service like many of these hosts do, then they fold and you're out money.

We're also a Windows only host, so we pay dearly for those Micro$oft licenses and other advanced software that many of these other hosts don't offer.

We think we're offering a pretty fair deal considering what you're getting, and what it's being served on (only quality DELL and Compaq servers, not homebuilt systems). And our level of support is top notch for a smaller operation like ours.

Tony
    Infuseweb Hosting / Infuseweb Store
    Windows/Linux Shared and Reseller Hosting, VPS, Dedicated Servers, and Online Software Store
    www.infuseweb.com / store.infuseweb.com
    1-866-663-2973

Tony,

I agree. I liked what I saw with your company more than any other. but your pricing, especially with the set up fee, is completely out of the range that you can expect to pay.

And your lame excuse about the set up fee and all the extra work to set one up in this automated world make no sense.

As I told you, when you bring the pricing down to the levels in our world, or even close, then I will be happy to consider you.

To be clear, I liked your company more than any other. But your pricing is more than twice (with the wet up fee) than what you can expect to pay with another company.

Maybe if you charged reasonable pricing, you would not be smaller, but you would grow. :-) I don't mean that sarcastically. I am serious, as you are too expensive.

Brian

Just to confirm we dont offer Windows hosting and were mentioned above, Thanks.
    Matt Wallis
    United Communications Limited
    High Performance Shared & Reseller | Managed VPS Cloud | Managed Dedicated
    UK www.unitedhosting.co.uk | US www.unitedhosting.com | Since 1998.

I'm sorry to hear that you don't like our pricing. And I'm sorry you don't like our setup charge. There's a reason why I'm small, and why I charge what I do. So I can take care of my existing customers and give them better service than if I had thousands of customers bringing in the same profit but demanding more of my time in customer support.

Yes, there are still things that need to be manually set up in this "automated" world. I'm not going to give away my services, like everyone else, no matter how much people whine. If this means it keeps me small, then that's a good thing for my customers, right?

BTW, be sure you're comparing apples to apples. Many of the hosts, as in above, offer the same features I do, but some of the important features (like personal DNS, MS SQL, .NET) are optional and thus cost more. Suddenly, they're not so cheap after all.

I wish you luck in your search and I hope you find someone who will resell you Windows hosting with the same features I offer for $20/month and no setup charge (you did say less than half, didn't you?), and who answers your support requests at all hours of the day and night. If you do, please write me back and let me know who they are so I can shake their hand.
    Last edited by infuseweb; 05-26-2003 at 12:02 PM.
    Infuseweb Hosting / Infuseweb Store
    Windows/Linux Shared and Reseller Hosting, VPS, Dedicated Servers, and Online Software Store
    www.infuseweb.com / store.infuseweb.com
    1-866-663-2973

Re: Re: Windows reselling?

Originally posted by rochen
    Please read before posting Not all of these providers offer Windows based reseller plans.
    Originally posted by UH-Matt
    Just to confirm we dont offer Windows hosting and were mentioned above, Thanks.
    Sorry about that...i forgot UH dont offer windows.
    Post edited
    SilverString Studios | visual precision in design