hosted by liquidweb

Go Back   Web Hosting Talk : Web Hosting Main Forums : Running a Web Hosting Business : why can't i convert visitors to customers

Forum Jump

why can't i convert visitors to customers

Reply Post New Thread In Running a Web Hosting Business Subscription

Send news tip View All Posts Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old
Junior Guru Wannabe

Unhappy

why can't i convert visitors to customers

Is there something wrong with my website? Sceniq Technologies I've had about 100 people come to my site within the last 3 days of which all of them are supposed to be looking for hosting and I haven't been able to convert a single one of them into a customer. I get no calls no emails.. I'm

Sponsored Links
Old
Disabled

SPAM

Old
Junior Guru Wannabe

You want us to SPAM? First I believe that is illegal and more importantly I hate junk email.

Sponsored Links
Old
Web Hosting Master

I think he means your post is spam. That would be a weird way to spam though tell everyone you're not getting customers. Seems legit to me but perhaps this should be in the website review forum.

Old
Junior Guru Wannabe

oh, i didn't mean this post to be a spam or advertisement. I pay a decent amount of money to get the amount of hits I get everyday and I'm confused why I don't get any signups. I think my plans are fairly average, the site looks ok to me, i have my phone number posted to show that im a reputable company and a secure signup form.

I took a look at the website review page and it looked like it was reviews of non host websites, so i thought it would be more appropriate to post this in the general forum. If I thought wrong, can the moderator please move it to the appropriate forum.

Old
Web Hosting Master

Quote:
I pay a decent amount of money to get the amount of hits I get everyday
You're paying to get 33 unique visitors a day? I don't care how 'highly targetted' those hits may be, they're certainly not worth whatever you might be paying.

Old
Community Guide

Want to know why you're not getting any sign ups? None of the buttons/links at the bottom half of your screen work. You're missing several pages. Fix your site up.

Host of Two Cents Radio - Follow @TwoCentsRadio on Twitter (@BearlyDoug on Twitter)

Old
Junior Guru Wannabe

Oh i think you're refering to the flash site. I direct all customers that come in through advertising to my html site http://www.sceniq.com/htmlmain.php. You think people are seeing my plans and then try to come back and enter the flash site where the links dont work.

Imma go fix that, maybe thats why

Old
Web Hosting Master

You're sold out of the windows plans so you must be doing something right. Try using whatever marketing you did to sell the windows plans on linux plans or offer more window plans.

Old
Junior Guru Wannabe

well for windows we just had one big customer take up all the resources on it, so we have to get another server. Plus that customer was by word of mouth. i think it has to do with what prism said, i think people are going to the site and seeing the plans and coming back later to purchase and probably are going to the flash portion where some of the links dont work. Cuz i would think after getting 100 unique visits from people who want web hosting I would at least make one sale.

Thanks for the suggestions guys

Old
Aspiring Evangelist

you should really hire a designer and get your site fixed up, also it wouldent hurt to get a marketer to write your site text, also make a special landing page for the hits you are getting and offer them a 'special'

how much are you paying for 100 visitors over 3 days?

or it could be that the traffic you are being sent isn't of quality

it could be many different reasons really. But i woulden't expect to get a client for only 100 visits myself, unless your site dose a better job of selling

Old
Aspiring Evangelist

Also, not to be mean or anything, but those prices are a bit high.

Old
Web Hosting Master

I think you should also abandon the two year signup. I think people are leary about lengthy commitments. I would also restructure those plans and lower your prices . . . 50MB/2GB for $6.95

WHOA DUDE!

sales@uncensored-hosting.com Uncensored-Hosting Follow @UncensoredHost

Old
Aspiring Evangelist

Quote:
Originally posted by kneadingu
I think you should also abandon the two year signup. I think people are leary about lengthy commitments. I would also restructure those plans and lower your prices . . . 50MB/2GB for $6.95

WHOA DUDE!
My point exactly.

Old
Web Hosting God

Not really high and price shouldn't matter. What does matter is time. People looking for hosting may visit 50 sites, bookmark the ones they like and then come back later when they have a shortlist.

Featuring the atOmicSTACK ● Speed ● Performance ● Reliability

Related posts from TheWhir.com
Title Type Date Posted
Free WHD.global Registration with the WHIR Coupon Code Blog 2014-01-30 13:24:20
WHD.global 2014 Web Hosting Events 2014-02-06 18:52:21
Apache Malware Darkleech Spreads Rapidly with Increase in Attacks Web Hosting News 2013-07-03 12:11:03
CoreSite Reality Acquires New Jersey Building to Convert Into Data Center Web Hosting News 2013-02-26 15:38:26
1&1 Internet Mobile App Delivers Website Analytics Web Hosting News 2012-12-17 11:47:35