Stumped: Onlinenic, Stargate, or Enom: Which?

Hi,

Looking for a cheap, safe, easy, reliable domain reselling program.

Onlinenic looks good.
    Stargate looks good, if not rather on the barebones side)
    Enom looks good.

I'm stumped. Which is the best all round with the least hassles?

thanks

I don't know about StarGate...

eNom seems to be the standard for resellers. The fact that it can be pre-funded (API based) or not (PDQ and RegistryRocket) is a big advantage. Unfortunately, you can't get prices lower than 8.95 now unless you spend a big amount of money up front (6950 from enom, which can be used to register domains), or buy an existing account (6.95 accounts go for 250-300$).

OnlineNIC... I tried them out recently, and they look great. Their V3 Template does the job (but it has no way to bulk manage many domains at once). You have to pre-fill your account, so if your account is empty, no one can register domains through you. A big plus is that you can get domain prices as low as 6.69$ if you prepay for 100 domains. The big minus is, so can your clients. Knowing how easy it is now to find the registrar of domains, why would a client sign up @ yourwebsite.com and prepay for X domains (10, 25, 50, 100, whatever) when they can go to OnlineNIC and do the same thing cheaper?

Now, when they (or anyone) update the template to process live registrations, it could be interesting...

They all have advantages. It depends on what you really need, what amount of hassle is fine for you and the price you want to sell your domains at.

If you have a 6.99 account (meaning your price for the domains is 6.99), sell at 8 or 9, and use the OnlineNIC template or the eNom API, you need to make sure you have funds in your account at all times. If you advertise and get 20 people to register a domain, you need about 140$ up front in your account. If you've only got 70, you loose 10 sales and these people won't be coming back. You could also gain a bad reputation, and it looks cheap. This is especially true of eNom, as their API accepts live registrations, meaning anyone can browse to your site, pay you and register a domain.

With the OnlineNIC option a customer has to prepay, so you could always use these funds to pay OnlineNIC, but you add delays or additional charges. But you've less risk of running dry, as you can always control how many domains can be registered by each user.

If you use the eNom PDQ option (99$/year, templated website) (--- darn this is starting to sound like an add for enom ---) or the Registry Rocket option, the transaction fees are a bit higher than you'd get by charging the customers yourself, but you don't have to prefund your account. You get (Selling Price - Your cost - Credit Card fees). So for a 6.99 account, you could sell @ 10 bucks and make 1.76$ per domains. With a 8.95 account (available for free), you would need to sell at around 10.21 before you started to make anything...

I hope that's all clear enough. I didn't intend to go on and on and on..

Thumbs up

Enom is good.But I recommend OnlineNic,Whose registration share climbded to #14 in Q1 2003 instead of #16 in Q4 2002 for their competitive price(who is the cheapest ICANN accridited registrar) and service.

The most importance I feel is that your problem can be treat as very important despite of how many domains you owns.OnlineNic treat small reseller fairly.That is the most pleasure I get from it.

I have used stargate for about 1.5 year and have been very happy with them... their support has been remarquable both in speed and quality.

highly recommended!!

Very nice review, prime. Sure did put things into perspective for me.
    Have you Floble'd today?

Hello.

We recently moved all our domains from stargate over to opensrs.

I would suggest you have a look at opensrs.
    They are a great company, with great staff. We are very happy.

- Thomas
    Europhase UK Limited - XEN/OpenVZ UK/US Virtual Private Servers | R1Soft Backups for Web Hosts
    Custom R1Soft Backups | UK/US Web Hosting | UK/US Virtual Private Servers
    99.9% Uptime SLA | Non Overloaded Service | Guaranteed Ram / Resources
    Company: SC345142 VAT: GB-947754180 Tel: 0870 4710 895

I have heard shady things about Stargate, search DNF for them.

I have about 150 domains at enom as a reseller and having used just about every other registrar I have to say enom is the best.
    Easy to set up the dns, change ownership, push names into other accounts, redirect is bannerless and easy to set up and their support is very good.

Good luck with your search.
    Fast PayPal Money! Buying 3 letter/character domains (com/net/org/us only