Thumbs up Excellent! 9 out of 10 companies

Hello

Well i am the owner of brainhosting.com but i really would like to mention two of the superb companies around.

cybrisk.com
    dathorn.com

I know may be its not a usual thing what i am doing but its the truth.They really are superb.There are many companies around many are great and many are bad.It makes people confused especially people new around.People here for many years already know these companies and i think they wont say bad things.

Many people say that being cheap is not reliable but i disagree them as these both companies are the cheapest around and have really great support really great uptimes as their servers are co-located at THE PLANET.Well i give 9 out of 10 for both.
    Regards

Outstanding! It's always refreshing to hear some positive news on this board.

But it's pretty hard to go wrong with The Planet. I simply cannot praise them enough!
    ThePrimeHost LLC - Serving Websites Since 2001.
    Fully Managed VPS Hosting w/ Cpanel + WHM
    Fully Managed Dedicated Servers w/ Cpanel + WHM
    Reseller Hosting with End User Support

Can you (or anyone) elaborate a bit about Cybrisk? Anyone out there got a story?

I was set to go with Dathorn until I realized that with NO overselling, it's actually not very cheap.

I'm also considering Plexhost and OKIhost because they also have great deals with overselling permitted and SSH.

Any thoughts?

Thanks!

Before i got a server from The Planet i had hosted misson critical sites at cybrisk and dathorn.What i can say that i had no problems with them and my customers were satisfied.

And Overselling is not good.I dont recommend you go with hosts that provide overselling which means making more profit maybe but besides having performance issues which would let your sites go down one day.

brainhosting
    Last edited by brainx; 05-22-2003 at 03:28 PM.

makes people confused especially people new around.People here for many years already know these companies and i think they wont say bad things.
    Your username was registered in March this year you have ten (10) post count. Telling people they get confused because there new sounds funny.

About cybrisk.com
    There domain was registered 4-1-2002 not exactly an old company but has out lived a few others already.

Im sure the older and more experienced users of the forums have seen many Rises and falls.

Im not hear to say bad things about any company but to assume we dont have bad things to say is wrong

I heardly hear about many good companies in the forum and thats probably because they dont base there customer base on WHT sales.

The ones that praise you on the forums will be the first to bash you when something goes wrong.

Regards
    Phillip
    www.SURRENDERONLINE.com.au
    Perfect Solutions Every Time! Sydney Based :: Dedicated Servers :: Colocation :: Superior Support::Reseller Solutions

I was set to go with Dathorn until I realized that with NO overselling, it's actually not very cheap.
    If you cannot see how to make a good profit at those prices without overselling you are either a) incredibly greedy or b) not cut out for the hosting business.
    If you find a host offering you hundreds of Gb for cents and they are allowing you to oversell what do you think they are doing? Maybe check how long they've been in business first or see how long their servers have been up http://<company>/bandwidth/ is always a good place to start.

Gee wiz Melitaweb.. Glad I didn't end up choosing you guys for hosting

I'm not greedy, and I am quite cut out for the hosting business thank you very much. It's just that my particular (specialized) target market tends to want to see the big numbers, like 300MB disk space. But experience shows that they usually only use a tiny fraction of that space (often less than 1 MB!). So of course taking the hard line on quotas isn't very practical for me.

Stop trying to villainize your competition who cater to a different market than yours. Overselling is not inherently bad as long as the available resources consistently exceed the demands of the resellers.

In fact, the real greed here is on the part of hosting companies who declare in the name of morality and ethics that they won't allow overselling. To which I say: bollocks! Do you really expect us to believe that these companies allocate every single MB of space and bandwidth to their customers and leave the other 2/3 of their resources just sitting idle? I strongly doubt it.

Looking up a domain registration does not always tell how long a host has been in business. Like us for instance. cyberworldhost.com was created in august of 2000, but our business was started in 1996 with a different domain. We were first a part of usawebsite.com, and then we brancded off and became cwiservices.com, and now cwiservices.com points to cyberworldhost.com.

Just my two cents about looking up a domain in whois for company info

Also companies should not be penalized due to the amount of time they have been around. Customer comments are by far the best way to judge a company, and if these two companies have great comments as they seem to have, then that should be the main factor in making a decision on them.
    Alvin Slocombe
    E-Insites - "Web services, simplified."

Originally posted by Melitaweb
    Maybe check how long they've been in business first or see how long their servers have been up http://<company>/bandwidth/ is always a good place to start.
    Looks like Melita has been in business for 3 months so funny comment.

Oh the joys of seeing hosts stuck in their own little Cpanel world.
    Laurence Flynn @ HostNEXUS.com
    Managed WordPress Hosting Solutions
    Focused on speed. Obsessed with security.

I totally agree with dathorn.com they offer nice server speeds and cheap prices. I don't think the datacenter metters that much but their uptime is great and i really like the investment i made to buy ther hosting. Nice to see other webhost agreee that they are a good choice to turn to when money is tight.