Emailing all my customers at once?

Please excuse a dumb question...

How can I send an email to all of my customers at once? I know I can just use a comma, but I don't want everyone's address to show up on the top.

CC or BCC?

That would be BCC, which is Blind Carbon Copy, it only shows your e-mail address, and no one elses. This is accomplished primarily by putting parethesis around the e-mail. Or using Outlook, there is a field for it. However, some ISPs, ex. AOL(yuck), using the (url@domain.com) initiates a BCC. So if there is a field for BCC, put the e-mail addresses in there.
    Shawn R. Lockheart

Email them one by one then.
    What does one host say to the other? "(HostA) Want to go see a movie?" "(HostB) Sure, can your parents drive?"

I'm premium, and no, I did not have to pay $6 a month to figure that out.

Why not use a (moderated) mailing list?
    Annette
    Hosting Matters, Inc.
    Superior service. Sensible price.

Originally posted by Annette
    Why not use a (moderated) mailing list?
    Elaborate...

If you are using cPanel you can set up a mailing list there. Then send all your clients the email through the list.
    ---
    Robert Nelson

What Robert said. You can set the list so that posts require administrator approval before going out to the distribution. This will keep the list members from posting anything to the list so it can be reserved for your announcements only.
    Annette
    Hosting Matters, Inc.

Check out modernbill for a solution BCC and mail lists can get hard to handle after a while to be honest.

Regards

Plus if you use BCC and you are sending to some hotmail.com or yahoo.com acccounts, they might port them to the junk mail folder, because it reads the headers and might think its spam ... .. at least this is what I have ran into before...

Mailing lists make handling contact lists of clients easier, not more difficult, especially as you grow larger. We have three different lists handling thousands of clients, and it's simple enough to maintain with minimal effort.
    Annette
    Hosting Matters, Inc.

Ya mailing lists are the way to go, I love em.

Which mailing lists script are you referring to?
    Quote, "Google is your best friend!"