Thread: Business

Business

When I become a reseller, is it necessary to register and incorporate as a business?

What kinds of fees can I expect from this if I need to do this?
    http://ih0p.com

I think If you want a real merchant account then you have to register atleast as a sole propritor...lot of people register the company in Delaware or Nevada for tax benifits

Not really. A sole proprietorship is generally anyone with even a DBA bank account(Doing Business As), which has your company name and your name after it. It is considered a business account, and you can get a merchant account.

Honestly, I wouldn't go for Incorporated or LLC until you are making about $5,000+ gross a year, that's just my opinion, since that is how I did it, and it was fine. However, neither is more or less than the other, only tax and protection is included with a Inc or LLC.

Yes, most people register in Delaware because of the no sales tax, which is smart. However, prices are from what I've seen from $85 to $400 -- atleast after I've talked with my lawyer and others. If you're really curious, talk to a consultant, they can be much more helpful than I can, since alls I can offer is an opinion based on experience on my own behalf.
    Shawn R. Lockheart

So it isn't a necessary step to register a reseller business?
    http://ih0p.com

Nope

Originally posted by bluegoop
    So it isn't a necessary step to register a reseller business?
    Every state and local municipality is different. Generally, if you run a company with your full name in the company name(John Smith's Hosting), you do not have to register. If your company name is USA25 Hosting or Mike's Hosting, you will have to register. Most states have websites with the required forms, regs, etc.