0 0%
  • Good.

1 11.11%
  • Average.

3 33.33%
  • Worst.

5 55.56%

Wink Please review this host.

I am planning to host my site with this Host. They are based in India (servers located in US). So the price should be divided by 46 (1 US $ = 46 Rupees).

www.XpressServers.com/unix.htm

Seem Good But Dont You Think Somthing Around $23 Per Month for 500 MB Space & 50 GB Bandwidth is a bit to low. I Mean 50 GB Bandwidth Alone Has Got To Cost Atleast $50 Per Month which would be $600 Per Year = Rs 27600 & that is only for the bandwidth. So Think Before You Signup with Them. These Are My Thoughts.

HOSTurbo Web Hosting - http://www.hosturbo.com
    Feature Loaded Hosting with Rock Solid Support

I'm sure I've just read something dodgy about these people in the General hosting discussion. (If I got this wrong then I take it back)
    [SIZE=1]Main Rig: Leadtek nForce2 Ultra Delux | Athlon1700+@2.3Ghz | 512MB Corsair XMS3200 | GeForce Ti4200 64MB@305/610 | 2*120GB WD SE HD
    Shuttle Rig: Shuttle SN41G2B Black | Athlon1800+@stock | 512MB Samsung PC2700 | ATi Radeon 8500 64MB | 120GB Seagate Barracuda V HD
    Total Gamer Network Network Founder

I think i should sign up and use exactly 50 GB a month.

Originally posted by F5 Andy
    I think i should sign up and use exactly 50 GB a month.
    I think i should sign up for your Platinum Plan and use up exactly 30GB's. You wouldn't like that
    Marc Wyss - marc@mchost.com
    MCHost Inc - Experts in Private Label Reseller Plans
    http://www.mchost.com

They're going in another direction probably and doing a gamble hoping to get alot of newbies and not expecting alot of high hit sites to contact them. Then they hope that these guys will not consume much space and use alot of bandwidth..

Originally posted by Kiwi

I think i should sign up for your Platinum Plan and use up exactly 30GB's. You wouldn't like that
    Personally I wouldn't offer 30 GB but I'm not the one who runs the host. If you use up 30 GB we are ready to offer you 30 GB in bandwidth BTW I was being sarcastic about the 50 GB one

Hello Arun,

Do think before you sign up with these hosts.

If they are offering such high amounts of disk space for low rates, it could be because of

a) Taking a gamble on actual space used as many sites do not go beyond 15-20 MB
    b) Using cheap servers using IDE drives with loads of space.

If you are really going to use large amounts of space , you need better performance.
    If you are planning to use MySQL databases which are large in size and frequently accessed, IDE drives are going to be a cause of worry.

The 50GB bandwidth allocation per site looks fishy. Im paying many many times more for the same b/w. It is misleading.

After a lookup at netcraft.net, it seems that this company has dedicated servers at skynetweb.com. If you go to the skynetweb.com website, you will see that the b/w allocation for each server is only 50 GB.

If you also see the rates posted on their website and compare skynetweb plans (for a decent sized server), the margins seem rather low. I wonder how people can manage with that.

Cheers,

Matra
    Eviance Consulting
    Web Hosting & Design