Results 1 to 19 of 19
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Posts
    34

    * Its finaly here - the site thats nearly cost me my girlfriend

    Final testing before it goes live - tell me what you think - all comments are appreciated

    http://www.drivebuddy.com/store1/default.php

    I been working on this for a while and the strife isnt too happy - so was it worth mt long hours ?

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    New Brunswick
    Posts
    298
    I love the boxes that surround the products, really sharp.

    I like the whole site actually, great work, maybe not worth a good girlfriend, but close

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Posts
    34
    Well the girlfriend hopes this is the last of it - she doesnt know that if I start selling the products I'll be spending my day packing them!!!

    Need to secure the site and a bit more testing. I was interested if anyone liked the content and if a layman saw the site they would understand what they are buying.

    Thanks

  4. #4
    Looks nice!

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    Kathmandu, Nepal
    Posts
    3,887
    looks very sleek. I like it good luck.
    and make sure you spend enough time with your girlfriend... money isnt the only thing in life.
    Kevin Ohashi - Founder of ReviewSignal.com - Honest Web Hosting Reviews
    Check out our WordPress Hosting Performance Benchmarks (Updated: July 2015), the most comprehensive look at WP performance

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Aug 2002
    Location
    London, UK
    Posts
    9,037
    Originally posted by e-symmetry
    I was interested if anyone liked the content and if a layman saw the site they would understand what they are buying.

    Thanks
    Private message "Darth" and ask him to test your site, then you will find out if a layman understands it.
    Matt Wallis
    United Communications Limited
    High Performance Shared & Reseller | Managed VPS Cloud | Managed Dedicated
    UK www.unitedhosting.co.uk | US www.unitedhosting.com | Since 1998.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    52
    nice, i like. Simple but effective.

    lol, i was actually looking into buying a USB drive, went down PCworld n Dixons just yesterday.
    SilverString Studios | visual precision in design

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Posts
    34
    Originally posted by SilverString
    nice, i like. Simple but effective.

    lol, i was actually looking into buying a USB drive, went down PCworld n Dixons just yesterday.
    Well I will be adding a price comparison with Dixons and PCWorld.

    Any ideas on improvement ?

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Aug 2002
    Location
    London, UK
    Posts
    9,037
    Is there a comparison of the various products all in a grid?

    People like me for example would like the most space for our money, it would be nice to compare specs like that across your entire range rather than viewing each product individually and noting down the specs.
    Matt Wallis
    United Communications Limited
    High Performance Shared & Reseller | Managed VPS Cloud | Managed Dedicated
    UK www.unitedhosting.co.uk | US www.unitedhosting.com | Since 1998.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Posts
    34
    Originally posted by UH-Matt
    Is there a comparison of the various products all in a grid?

    People like me for example would like the most space for our money, it would be nice to compare specs like that across your entire range rather than viewing each product individually and noting down the specs.
    Duly noted - had that in the plans - just been busy and so happy I have something to show - but still got to integrate it with Protx!!

    The guys at Protx just raised their charges - I should say Hiked from 0.05 per transaction with no minimum spend to 20pcm min and 0.10 per transaction.

  11. #11
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    London, England
    Posts
    6
    I like the layout. Easy to navigate. Looks clean and tidy.

  12. #12
    Such good work getting it like that from the normal osCommerce.

    Well done!

    3/4 Bananas

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Aug 2001
    Posts
    4,028
    Only thing, and yes I know it's anal, but just thought I'd mention is the upper right hand side of the header... looks like it was just cut... maybe round it also? Maybe that was the look you were going for, but looks a tiny bit out of place to me.

    Amazing work on the site! Very clean and corporate looking.

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Posts
    524
    Looks okay, I give it a 5/10. (5 is average )
    AIM: AtonexCOM

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Posts
    34
    Originally posted by Axi
    Looks okay, I give it a 5/10. (5 is average )
    Any ideas on improving the site ? What dont you like ?

    Thanks for the input.

  16. #16
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    Michigandia
    Posts
    9
    Nice gradients.

    Great site, I like the colors too.
    I am BIOSed in my opinions

  17. #17
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Posts
    524
    I really can't pin point it (sad to say since I'm a designer). It just isn't that appealing to me. Something like outpost.com would look nice. osCommerce @ http://www.drivebuddy.com/ has a better layout but not design. You know what I mean by layout? The way the links, tables, ect. are set up. It looks more professional. But all in all, http://www.drivebuddy.com/store1/default.php designs quality is the same as www.TigerDirect.com
    ... my opinion.
    AIM: AtonexCOM

  18. #18
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Posts
    34
    Originally posted by Axi
    I really can't pin point it (sad to say since I'm a designer). It just isn't that appealing to me. Something like outpost.com would look nice. osCommerce @ http://www.drivebuddy.com/ has a better layout but not design. You know what I mean by layout? The way the links, tables, ect. are set up. It looks more professional. But all in all, http://www.drivebuddy.com/store1/default.php designs quality is the same as www.TigerDirect.com
    ... my opinion.

    Thanks for that - so whats best way to improve the layout - I spent more time on the design and graphics rather than layout. Can you give me a site that you rate as 8/10 or higher ?

  19. #19
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Posts
    524
    The layout of Pricegrabber.com, Amazon.com, and the osCommerce one at DriveBuddy.com. Start to see the pattern? I hope.
    AIM: AtonexCOM

  20. Newsletters

    Subscribe Now & Get The WHT Quick Start Guide!

Related Posts from theWHIR.com

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •