Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678
    Quote Originally Posted by BlazingSwitch View Post
    so at least they are keeping you on the radar asking you to come back despite the no real added value to the price hike as discussed in thread.

It's funny when companies do this. My wife and I cancelled our phone service with a major company years ago. For almost 2 years they kept sending please come back or we miss you letters...even when we moved. They also sent some of the letters in different envelopes to appear it was from a friend. It was to the point that we made jokes that one day we'll be shopping and someone will pop up in the produce aisle yelling please come back and buy our services!!!

Quote Originally Posted by 48-14 View Post
    It's funny when companies do this.
    Business 101:

It' easier and cheaper to KEEP an existing client than gain a new one.

/2cts
    BLAZINGSWITCH | sales /@/ blazingswitch.com
    SEO HOSTING | 1500 CLASS-A/B/C | CLEAN IPv4 LEASING
    RESIDENTIAL IPS | 10G UNMETERED | IPV4 SOLUTION PROVIDER SINCE 2008

I think you also need to weight out the dollar value of your membership.

$450.00 x 4 annually = $1800.00

* Do you gain $1800.00 of business off of WHT to cost justify that dollar?
    * Would you be better off giving away free or discount vps's for that same dollar?
    * Could you do better with $1800.00 in adwords or some other promotion?
    * What about giving $1800.00 worth of discounts or coupons to new sign ups?

Each of those above have different benefits and retention. You need to find out what is the best fit for $2k worth of ad money, which is essentially what this comes down too. It's more than a badge and all of that other yoke. It is part of your corporate ID and advertising budget. However, keep in mind, you're not spending $2k to make $2k, as that makes little sense. You spend $2k to try and make $4k/6/10k off that investment.

Only you can decide if that badge and membership of $450.00 every 3 months is worth it to you and your company. If you are gaining more than $450.00 in PROFIT over that time period. More than $1800.00 per year off of WHT and those ad dollars.

I must agree. I would like to have a Corporate membership, but do not see enough benefit to justify the cost.
    RDO Servers - Shared Hosting, Resellers, VPS, Dedicated Servers, & Secure Clusters
    Windows Hosting with Plesk Onyx - Linux Hosting with cPanel - LiteSpeed - CloudLinux - MariaDB
    Providing Excellent Hosting since 2009!

Quote Originally Posted by RDO Servers View Post
    I must agree. I would like to have a Corporate membership, but do not see enough benefit to justify the cost.
    Additionally think of it this way:

You have $2000.00 to spend a year. Do you think that discount coupons for new sign ups? Purchasing a sticky in B&S? Discount shared/vps via a few break even servers in hope of upgrade? Doing an Ad Words campaign? Premium ad placement on some web forum? Possibly a $2k pay off to some developer to be 'recommended/featured provider'?

...or a corporate membership will give you the biggest bag for that buck?

yes agree its now to much and no news of add-ons to increase business for us in regards to being a corporate member
    DTS-NET in Business Since 1997
    █ Not Oversold | Low Server Loads | Domains | Managed Plans | VPS
    █ Cloud| CDN | SSL| Web Hosting | Dedicated Servers | Colocation

I didn't know

Wow 1400/year that's massive. I am not sure how many forums charge that amount for corporate membership in a year. But still there are too many corporate members I can see here. That indicates people are getting much more return from this forum.

Quote Originally Posted by PhilipsEl View Post
    Wow 1400/year that's massive. I am not sure how many forums charge that amount for corporate membership in a year. But still there are too many corporate members I can see here. That indicates people are getting much more return from this forum.
    $1400/year for a legitimate business is nothing and there are no forums that can compare to WHT, so there really isnt a basis for comparison.
    EasyDCIM.com - DataCenter Infrastructure Management - HELLO DEDICATED SERVER & COLO PROVIDERS! - Reach Me: chris@easydcim.com
    Bandwidth Billing | Inventory & Asset Management | Server Control
    Order Forms | Reboots | IPMI Control | IP Management | Reverse&Forward DNS | Rack Management

Quote Originally Posted by ItsChrisG View Post
    $1400/year for a legitimate business is nothing and there are no forums that can compare to WHT, so there really isnt a basis for comparison.
    Agreed! Gave you a thumbs up. This forum is super active. I like the activeness!

Just arrived in my inbox - save 20% on the new 20-30% higher prices!

Tried it years ago for 3 months, when WHT had more traffic, more potential customers etc. and found it was a waste of money then. You'd have to be crazy to buy it now. Whether or not $1400/yr is a lot to you, if your business is about profit, you'd do better to leave it in the bank.

Okay!

Quote Originally Posted by jhadley View Post
    Just arrived in my inbox - save 20% on the new 20-30% higher prices!

Tried it years ago for 3 months, when WHT had more traffic, more potential customers etc. and found it was a waste of money then. You'd have to be crazy to buy it now. Whether or not $1400/yr is a lot to you, if your business is about profit, you'd do better to leave it in the bank.
    Okay! I am bit confused here. You found it waste of money years ago but what about present stage? Are you suggesting to buy or not to buy?

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678