Page 1 of 8 1234 ... LastLast

Corporate memberships going up

Sad to see the news this morning that corporate memberships are going up in price.

If this is a sign of things to come for other iNet services due to the buyout, you're going to run this place into the ground.

$1200/year is already ridiculous for the "stuff" you get with corporate membership.

Indeed. Was just discussing this with a few other corporate members and we're not best pleased
    Last edited by EthernetServers; 02-03-2015 at 10:26 AM.

It was $900/Year right?
    Why is it increased to $1200/Year
    ☆☆ RoyalNode Web Hosting☆☆ In Business Since 2018 (3 Years)
    ►►Los Angeles CA USA, Oregon Seattle USA, Canada, Amsterdam NL EU based Shared and Reseller Web Hosting◄◄
    ►►
    Affordable Managed SSD VPS and Managed Dedicated Server Provider◄◄

It's currently $1200 per year and is changing to $1440 per year as of March 1st.

Quote Originally Posted by Askforhost View Post
    It was $900/Year right?
    Why is it increased to $1200/Year :-O

Is more than $1,400/year in revenue generated from advertising on WHT or roughly $116/mo?

Quote Originally Posted by Ethernet Servers View Post
    It's currently $1200 per year and is changing to $1440 per year as of March 1st.
    Means removing the discount they are offering on annual price.
    ☆☆ RoyalNode Web Hosting☆☆ In Business Since 2018 (3 Years)
    ►►Los Angeles CA USA, Oregon Seattle USA, Canada, Amsterdam NL EU based Shared and Reseller Web Hosting◄◄
    ►►
    Affordable Managed SSD VPS and Managed Dedicated Server Provider◄◄

Well they lost one corporate member here. It was already pricy for the limited features you get, but now it is just getting out of hand.

That's unfortunate, where did you find this news?
    Respectfully,
    Mr. Terrence

I heard Dennis was outta here. My guess is they want to spend a little more money on his replacement. Smart move, do not make the same mistake twice.
    Technical Advisor for new A&E Series The Killing Season
    There are no random acts of violence
    Starts November 5th!

Not sure about others, but I had an email with the subject 'Upcoming Changes To Your WHT Membership' today at 14:15 GMT.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Terrence View Post
    Last edited by EthernetServers; 02-03-2015 at 12:14 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Terrence View Post
    It was in your email around 2 hours ago.
    BLAZINGSWITCH | sales /@/ blazingswitch.com
    SEO HOSTING | 1500 CLASS-A/B/C | CLEAN IPv4 LEASING
    RESIDENTIAL IPS | 10G UNMETERED | IPV4 SOLUTION PROVIDER SINCE 2008

@Ethernet Servers & @BlazingSwitch found it, thanks!!
    Respectfully,
    Mr. Terrence

Quote Originally Posted by Kevin K View Post
    Well they lost one corporate member here.
    Sad news. I doubt they really would care unless they lost enough memberships to make them rethink this decision. Saying "new benefits coming later this year!" doesn't really add a lot of value for a decent hike in membership prices. While I doubt there is any feature that is going to make most happy, they would have done better to release those at the same time as the hike.

Quote Originally Posted by Kevin K View Post
    It was already pricy for the limited features you get, but now it is just getting out of hand.
    Agreed. It was a premium for what little was offered as a true 'benefit' as it was.
    BLAZINGSWITCH | sales /@/ blazingswitch.com
    SEO HOSTING | 1500 CLASS-A/B/C | CLEAN IPv4 LEASING
    RESIDENTIAL IPS | 10G UNMETERED | IPV4 SOLUTION PROVIDER SINCE 2008

Quote Originally Posted by BlazingSwitch View Post
    Sad news. I doubt they really would care unless they lost enough memberships to make them rethink this decision. Saying "new benefits coming later this year!" doesn't really add a lot of value for a decent hike in membership prices. While I doubt there is any feature that is going to make most happy, they would have done better to release those at the same time as the hike.

Agreed. It was a premium for what little was offered as a true 'benefit' as it was.
    Absolutely. They're going to lose a lot of corporate memberships on this poor decision.
    SimpleSonic - We Make Fast... Easy!
    US/UK/MY - 100% Uptime - Shared - Reseller - cPanel - DirectAdmin - WHMCS Included!
    Blazing Fast NVMe SSD - CloudLinux - Imunify360 - LiteSpeed - MailChannels - JetBackup

20% increase basically translates into the fact that even if they'd lose 1 out of every 6 corp members they'd still not be losing any money, and 1 out of 6 is an alarming number which would never happen, meaning they're sure to make a profit out of this any way you want to look at it.

But I do have to agree with the rest of the folks here when saying the new price is not backed up by any features to match it.
    Uptime Monitor - Minimize your downtime by being the first to know about it!

Blacklist Monitor - Are any of your IPs or Domains blacklisted? Find out before it gets to affect you or your clients.

You don't suppose the price increase is to the following?

From here.
    Penton acquires iNET Interactive

Since it doesn't really change anything for WHT, if you're interested in reading more please see iNET's Blog Entry. I just thought you might like to know.

Of course that's why the price is increasing and I expect to see all pricing going up shortly.

Arrow

I wish they would leave all the existing members on the current pricing and all new signups on the new pricing.
    James B
    WWW.EZEELOGIN.COM |Setup your Secure Linux SSH GatewayMEET PCI DSS & ISO 27001 Compliance|Manage & Administer Multiple Linux Servers Quickly & Securely.

Sorry for not jumping in sooner, but let me work backwards on this thread and see if I can answer any concerns.
    Of course that's why the price is increasing and I expect to see all pricing going up shortly.
    This has been in the planning stages way before there was any mention of Penton. So this would have happened with or without them.
    I do have to agree with the rest of the folks here when saying the new price is not backed up by any features to match it.
    This is the first price increase of Corporate membership ever. New features coming, but I don't have a date. But then, I don't believe it was the building of new features that precipitated the price increase. When iNET first priced it out, they didn't plan on the price remaining the same for the life of the product. I don't know what new features they're talking about in the email. I do know about some HostingCon discounts and coupons that are a part of it.
    I heard Dennis was outta here. My guess is they want to spend a little more money on his replacement. Smart move, do not make the same mistake twice.
    I thought I explained that when I wrote about it. But let me try again -

My decision to pass the torch to someone younger was my decision. I have health issues, and the last thing I'd want to do is leave WHT without notice. We haven't worked out all the details yet. But as soon as we know how, we'll know when. And when we know how and when, we'll let you know. Until then, you'll have to put up with this mistake.

If this is a sign of things to come for other iNet services due to the buyout, you're going to run this place into the ground.
    This has absolutely nothing to do with Penton. But I'll pass the concerns raised in this thread onto them.
    There is no best host. There is only the host that's best for you.

Who is Dennis? J/K

Dennis I wish you the best in sorting out your health issues and any other endeavors you choose to follow.

BTW getting old doesn't suck. It is the falling apart of the body due to getting old that sucks IMO

Is it just me or did the "new stuff" they said you will get (in the email) already exist for Corporate Members? I do not see anything new, while they claim in the e-mail that it is (hence the pricing going up according to iNet).
    ★★★★★
    HostSlim - Premium Managed Hosting Solutions
    Dedicated & Premium Hosting - Premium Network - 1.6Tbps DDoS Protection Available - OWN DATACENTER NETHERLANDS
    Resell Whitelabel Dedicated Servers - Twitter: @HostSlim - www.HostSlim.eu - Facebook: @HostSlimBV

Quote Originally Posted by CrazyPenguin View Post
    ... It is the falling apart of the body due to getting old that sucks IMO
    Yup. There lies the rub. It's funny that when I was 23, an orthopedic surgeon said I had the bones of a 93 year old. I wonder how old them bones are 40 years later now.

Quote Originally Posted by HostSlim-R View Post
    Is it just me or did the "new stuff" they said you will get (in the email) already exist for Corporate Members? I do not see anything new, while they claim in the e-mail that it is (hence the pricing going up according to iNet).
    I need to go find me one of those emails. Do they really say that the price increase is due to new features?

Don't answer that. I'll go find an email so I can talk about the email.

Quote Originally Posted by SoftWareRevue View Post
    I need to go find me one of those emails. Do they really say that the price increase is due to new features?

Don't answer that. I'll go find an email so I can talk about the email.
    Hey Dennis,

I think the confusion is about the following sentence:
    "As a Web Hosting Talk Corporate Member, you know the value that a WHT Corporate
    Membership can bring to your company.Since we launched Corporate Memberships in
    2008, we have added a number of new benefits to Corporate Memberships including:"

I now get that they meant to say that since 2008 a lot of upgrades have been applied. Correct?
    ★★★★★
    HostSlim - Premium Managed Hosting Solutions
    Dedicated & Premium Hosting - Premium Network - 1.6Tbps DDoS Protection Available - OWN DATACENTER NETHERLANDS
    Resell Whitelabel Dedicated Servers - Twitter: @HostSlim - www.HostSlim.eu - Facebook: @HostSlimBV

Quote Originally Posted by HostSlim-R View Post
    ... I now get that they meant to say that since 2008 a lot of upgrades have been applied. Correct?
    Correct. It was pretty bare-bones in 08. Has it really been seven years? Yeah - So it's some marketer writing the email and simply including too many words!

I would have just said, "We launched this product in 2008 and have continually improved it. It's now 2015 and we believe those improvements (along with any impending) are worth an 8% (or whatever it is) price increase. I purchased my first brand new car in 1963 for $3,100. The same kind of car is available today - for $61,000. Sorry, but prices can't remain the same."

Don't get me wrong. I feel your (anyone upset with the new pricing) pain. We hate any price increase on anything. At least I do. But it's simply the way things are. Costs go up / prices go up.

Don't get me started on the day I was managing a bar and raised the price of a draft beer a nickel.

Page 1 of 8 1234 ... LastLast