Opinion: Preinstalled scripts for reseller account

Hi,
    In relation to choosing a first reseller account, is it best to start with preinstalled scripts for things like shopping carts, forums, email forms etc- Or would it be smarter and cheaper to by the package without these things and install them yourself.

Ultimately I want to offer these things to each of my hosting customers. So I guess im asking, is it EASY to install the abovementioned scripts(email forms, forums etc) for each client, or would it be smarter to just go with a company that preinstalls them.

tHANKS

Depends on the client you want to attract.

Personal sites and newbies will be happy with pre-installed simple scripts.

Businesses and serious sites will want there own customised scripts of their own choice and not be interested in "Pre-installed" stuff.
    Matt Wallis
    United Communications Limited
    High Performance Shared & Reseller | Managed VPS Cloud | Managed Dedicated
    UK www.unitedhosting.co.uk | US www.unitedhosting.com | Since 1998.

As Matt says it depends on who you are trying to attract really. However i haven't actually paid extra for the pre-installed scripts on my accounts, they have all come with them.

Re: Opinion: Preinstalled scripts for reseller account

Originally posted by zopm
    . . . . . . is it EASY to install the abovementioned scripts(email forms, forums etc) for each client, or would it be smarter to just go with a company that preinstalls them.

tHANKS
    Everything's easy, when you know how. So, is it easy for you?
    There is no best host. There is only the host that's best for you.

Re: Re: Opinion: Preinstalled scripts for reseller account

Originally posted by SoftWareRevue
    Everything's easy, when you know how. So, is it easy for you?
    Well, in fairness, it's pretty simple for anyone who bothers to read the instructions. That's how I learned...

from our experience we have found that most customers love the pre-installed scripts. As long as you offer the option to help your customers install any other scripts you will keep everybody happy. Example most of our clients are familiar with and use phpBB forum. Some like to install vbulletin. But in this business now I find that the more 'goodies' you can offer your customer the better. As a reseller your life will be a lot easier.