Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Question Can anyone recommend a cheap and reliable reseller?

Since a lot of my users are in the UK, I'd prefer if the servers were UK-based, but that's not a requirement.

In any case, I need reliable (about 99% uptime with decent support) and cheap (about $10-20) reseller hosting.

I'm fully aware $10-20 doesn't get you far in reseller hosting. All I need is to cover a few costs. (But they still have to be reliable.)

Somewhere around 1 GB of space and 10 GB of bandwidth should suffice, I'd say...

I do hope I'm not asking too much... I'm rather new to this
      0 Not allowed!

Try webhosting request forum
    Roy K.
    Pixie Internet Services - http://www.pixiehost.com
    Affordable, reliable hosting solution with Instant Activation
      0 Not allowed!

Eh... I'd do that, but the thing is that when advertising, hosts like to make themselves look better than they are. It's only natural and I don't blame them for that, that's the nature of ads anyway... but still, I'd rather hear from another customer...

Does anyone here use a host that might fill these requirements? If nobody does then I guess I won't have a choice but to try in the request forum...

(If I sound a bit harsh to hosts, I'm really sorry... I don't mean any harm, I just couldn't think of any better wording...)
      0 Not allowed!

As the title says, he needs recommendations, not offers.
      0 Not allowed!

I'm fully aware $10-20 doesn't get you far in reseller hosting. All I need is to cover a few costs. (But they still have to be reliable.)

Somewhere around 1 GB of space and 10 GB of bandwidth should suffice, I'd say...
    $10-$20 for 1 GB of space and 10 GB should get you a quality provider.... don't go for the cheapest thing out there...

I don't know any hosts in the UK, but I'm sure there are some around here.. Search
    www.prolinker.com - free automatic linking to your website
      0 Not allowed!

Eh... any ideas on where/how to search then?

And it doesn't _have_ to be in the UK... I'd prefer it was, but I definitely wouldn't sacrifice features and reliability for that, as long as the server is reasonably fast over there...
      0 Not allowed!

I've heard much about this site. check out the gold plan.

http://unitedhosting.co.uk/
      0 Not allowed!

-Thinking to self moment: This is weird, i could swear i only had 62 post count and now look below 127???.

phisholay
    WHT Addict

- End of thinking to self moment.
      0 Not allowed!

An important detail is to make sure they permit you to host an unlimited number of domains within the space/bandwidth limits of your reseller account.
      0 Not allowed!

Originally posted by whtaddict
    An important detail is to make sure they permit you to host an unlimited number of domains within the space/bandwidth limits of your reseller account.
    That's not an important detail at all.
    WLVPN.com NetProtect owned White Label VPN provider
    Increase your hosting profits by adding VPN to your product line up
      0 Not allowed!

Some people might not want unlimited domains.
      0 Not allowed!

Choosing a hosting company that enables you to host unlimited domains within your reseller account so long as you don't go over your allocated space/bandwidth limits is important because it gives you greater flexibility and more room to grow your business.

Any limits on number of domains you are allowed to host are there in an effort to prevent you from fully using your allocated space/bandwidth limits.

For example, supposing you were to sign up for a reseller account offering 3GB webspace and 30GB bandwidth but you are only permitted to host 30 domains in the reseller account.

In this case the hosting company would be offering you the world in terms of space and bandwidth - but then prevents you from using those resources by limiting the number of domains you can host in the account.

For a list and review of web hosting companies offering reseller accounts, you might want to look at this recently posted thread: http://www.webhostingtalk.com/showth...hreadid=135787
      0 Not allowed!

Choosing a hosting company that enables you to host unlimited domains within your reseller account so long as you don't go over your allocated space/bandwidth limits is important because it gives you greater flexibility and more room to grow your business . . .
    So is that based on usage or setup sizes of the domains you create?
      0 Not allowed!

I think hes basically following threads where our name is mentioned and then posting anything he can which conflicts with our services. The mods are now aware of the pattern and hopefully swift action will be taken.
    Matt Wallis
    United Communications Limited
    High Performance Shared & Reseller | Managed VPS Cloud | Managed Dedicated
    UK www.unitedhosting.co.uk | US www.unitedhosting.com | Since 1998.
      0 Not allowed!

Matt, the conflict which you speak of was over when the last thread concerning your services was closed.

I am simply pointing out the obvious regarding domain limits in reseller accounts.
      0 Not allowed!

Ok cool whtaddict, ill leave it there.
    ---

Hi ::K: I would recommend choosing a reseller who does impose certain limits on the number of domains you are allowed to host. This means they are taking care of the server and making sure it isnt overloaded by other resellers abusing the "unlimited domains" limit.
    Matt Wallis
    United Communications Limited
    High Performance Shared & Reseller | Managed VPS Cloud | Managed Dedicated
    UK www.unitedhosting.co.uk | US www.unitedhosting.com | Since 1998.
      0 Not allowed!

There isn't a way to abuse the "unlimited domains" feature because such accounts don't enable you to use more space/bandwidth than is allocated to your reseller account. If you eventually use all your allocated space/bandwidth, you then upgrade to a higher reseller plan offering more space/bandwidth.
      0 Not allowed!

As the thread starter didn't mention *unlimited domains*, I think this is a moot point. Now on with the recommendations.
      0 Not allowed!

At the end of the day, it shouldn't matter how many domains you host, what matters is how much space and bandwidth you use and that is controlled by setting limits preventing you from using more than you have been allocated, unless you upgrade to a higher reseller plan.
      0 Not allowed!

There isn't a way to abuse the "unlimited domains" feature because such accounts don't enable you to use more space/bandwidth than is allocated to your reseller account. If you eventually use all your allocated space/bandwidth, you then upgrade to a higher reseller plan offering more space/bandwidth.
    You're right and also wrong, IMO.
    Last edited by Aussie Bob; 05-19-2003 at 07:39 AM.
      0 Not allowed!

Originally posted by anon-e-mouse
    As the thread starter didn't mention *unlimited domains*, I think this is a moot point. Now on with the recommendations.
    Good advice.

Perhaps bears repeating.
    There is no best host. There is only the host that's best for you.
      0 Not allowed!

Um... I wasn't exactly looking for a discussion of the pros and cons of unlimited domains... quite frankly, on 1 gig space and 10 gigs bandwidth, I probably wouldn't even mind a limit of 10 domains too much. And especially not 20 domains. Think about it... on 1 gig space, with 10 domains, each account gets 100 MB space and 1 GB bandwidth, which is quite resasonable in my opinion... with 20 domains each account has only 50 MB space and 500 MB bandwidth... that's something you'd probably be able to get for free, even. I suppose that should close this small argument here...

So any other recommendations? There's only been one so far...
      0 Not allowed!

0 Not allowed!

That actually looks pretty good... you use them? What's your URL there, and how's the uptime and support?

They're slightly outside the range ($21.26 per month) but I guess it could work...

(If anyone else has recommendations, keep 'em coming...)
      0 Not allowed!

For example, supposing you were to sign up for a reseller account offering 3GB webspace and 30GB bandwidth but you are only permitted to host 30 domains in the reseller account.[/url]
    WHT Addict, at first, why do I have the feeling you are "bashing" the same host like on the previous thread?

Talking about those limits.. 30 domains is alot for a small reseller plan. Lets take an example of the hosts you suggested, Dathorn and cybrish. Yes they offer unlimited domain hosting. But how much domains can you create? If you want to setup 100 domains, you have to give (3GB/30GB) 30MB space and 300 MB traffic to host them all Good luck with selling such accounts.

I would recommend unitedhosting for their great support, uptime and reliability.
    RackEdge - Cutting Edge Internet Services!
    -->Specialized in High End Managed Servers & Bandwidth in the Netherlands (EU)

Contact us today for a customized quote @ sales(@)rackedge.com!
      0 Not allowed!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast