question about billing

what do you others do for billing? Do you use your own programs or do you buy software? if so which one would you recommed?
    thanks

We use modernbill. Excellent program with many many built in features. I would highly recommend Modernbill. Also easy to install!
    Matt Williams :: President/CEO
    MyHostedWeb.com
    4th Most Popular @ HostCheck.com

Originally posted by mhwadmin
    We use modernbill. Excellent program with many many built in features. I would highly recommend Modernbill. Also easy to install!
    I second that .. modernbill is awesome.
    Roy K.
    Pixie Internet Services - http://www.pixiehost.com
    Affordable, reliable hosting solution with Instant Activation

We started off using modernbill, but there were way too many features. We use PerlBill now it it works nicely.
    SeeksAdmin .:. Linux & Windows Server Management
    24/7 Coverage | 30 Day Guarantee | Fast Response Times
    Quality Outsourced Customer Support Services
    █ Drop Me A Line For Special Offers

I am beginning to side with Steve here, I like all that modernbill offers (except for the lack of recurring w/2co) but don't use anything except the invoice. There is a helpdesk and FAQ but the customer must be in the mbill client list to log in and view them. I prefer to offer that info to potential clients right off the bat...plus they can register within perldesk and communicate that way if they wish in addition to email and live chat. Same goes for the affiliate program, they have to be in the client list to track correctly.

Don't get me wrong, MB is a great program, it just has too much I don't use currently...that's one reason why I lease it. Hopefully as it progresses they will incorporate 2co and allow non clients to access the FAQ. For now I don't even use the internal one...too much trouble to maintain both.

I also used Modernbill but switched to Perlbill for simplicity and for the A++ helpdesk system, that mordenbill lacks.

Well judging by the previous posts, ModernBill is the winner.

We us ModernBill too.
    www.idologic.com
    www.demologic.com
    A company committed to people serious about their websites - If you don't DO LOGIC - what do you do?Check Us Out

I would develop my own billing system
    Quote, "Google is your best friend!"