Melitaweb.net - first impressions

ok I signed up with Melitaweb.net yesterday. I am really happy with the service so far and when I was searching for information about them I couldn't find much. So I'm doing this review and then I'll do another after a month so we can see how or if they change.
    I bought a reseller account which was set up in about 20 minutes but I didn't understand properly about registering my nameservers. I went on the livehelp and got hold of someone who took the time to go to my registrars homepage, retrieve the necessary information, and pass the link on to me as I wasn't sure what I was looking for.
    I had not used Cpanel or WHm before so at first it was a bit overwhelming. I sent a trouble ticket in because I was having password problems but it turned out that I had put the domain in the password box and the password in the domain box. My ticket was sorted within 10 mins. I sent an email to support asking some basic reseller questions and about half an hour later i got a big long email from them with detailed instructions on everything from creating a package to setting up accounts.
    Needless to say I am very pleased. I see people giving good and bad reviews on their hosting companies so it seemed only fair to do the same.
    So to Robert and the Melitaweb people thankyou for helping me so quickly with my dumb questions.
    I will write again in a month.

awww shucks
    Thanks for that.
    Robert Morrison
    Melitaweb.net

decided to go with them too. Seemed very helpful. Too many to choose from nowadays.

trace route ends in this:
    Code:
     14    25 ms    25 ms    25 ms  melitaweb.net [64.191.95.110]
    That's not very desireable, but their prices look good. Thanks for the review.

Re: Melitaweb.net - first impressions

Originally posted by flawson
    ....... I see people giving good and bad reviews on their hosting companies so it seemed only fair to do the same.
    So to Robert and the Melitaweb people thankyou for helping me so quickly with my dumb questions.
    I will write again in a month.
    just a day or two with a host and u look soooooo happy!!!
    always chasing the west wind

spmicro,

I dont see on there site stating private label reseller plans so that trace route should not bother there customers at all.

They have very cheap pricing, hope they stay afloat long enough for the next review j/k

I cant figure out there pricing matrix.

Say server and cpanel costs $200 from a cheap provider.
    60 gig hdd included say 500 bw

9.95 for an account say 9 after merchannt fees etc.
    Without overselling bandwidth will make profit of 75 dollars a month on a full server with 33 resellers.

Hardly seems worth it to be honest.

'Im sure they know what there doing all the same..

Regards
    Phillip
    www.SURRENDERONLINE.com.au
    Perfect Solutions Every Time! Sydney Based :: Dedicated Servers :: Colocation :: Superior Support::Reseller Solutions

Thankyou all for your interest in our company and estimates of our costs
    Your figures are quite a way out from all angles but I can assure you that a) we don't oversell and b) we make more than enough profit per server to cover all costs including wages.
    As for still being afloat in time for the next review we have managed fine for the past 14 months or so
    I recall Dathorn facing the same questions/concerns/scrutiny when they started with their low cost plans. We are not as cheap as them but they are still running.
    I agree that reviews after a couple of days are perhaps a little premature but the industry seems to be so volatile these days that a little bit of quick help and courteousy goes a long way.
    I'm not sure what the purpose of spmicro's route post was but it is worth pointing out that he tracerouted melitaweb's IP. Our customers are provided with dedicated.
    Anyway once again thankyou for the kind reviews from our customers and in the interest shown from other quarters.
    Robert Morrison
    Melitaweb.net