Page 1 of 7 1234 ... LastLast

Hey, what happended to my post counts?!?!?

This is really weird, how come all of a sudden it says i only have a 154 post count?

My real post count is around 315... is this some kind of bug.

I updated the user post counts, this updates the post counts based on the rules currently in place, that means the 315 number was inaccurate according to the current post count filters.

What do you call all of a sudden? People's post count took a nose dive a couple of months ago. Is that what you are referring to?

Edit: Webdev got in before me So this is new then?

No, a few hours ago i had 315 post counts... and now all of a sudden i only have 154.

I`ve had over 300 posts for quite a while now... and now it all of a sudden TODAY it went down to 154... i thought maybe it was a bug.

This place is getting rather silly with this "post count thing".

Mine went from 132 earlier this evening to 49 right now.
    Apexware Hosting Solutions
    •• www.apexware.com
    ••• LOW Cost Budget Hosting
    •••• www.rockbottomhosting.com

Yeah... so i`m not the only one

Originally posted by Frosty
    Yeah... so i`m not the only one
    Please read my post above, this is not a bug. Your previous post counts were inaccurate.

WebDev, would it be easy to send out a message to everyones email about stuff like this, or would it be too much for the servers?

Im sure if you did this, it would lower the amount of threads created about this stuff and Im sure everyone checks their emails more than WHT threads.

Ugh, emailing all the members? That would take forever with as many as there are here...post counts aren't that important anyways are they?
    I wish all my traffic went through AS174.

Originally posted by WebDev
    I updated the user post counts, this updates the post counts based on the rules currently in place, that means the 315 number was inaccurate according to the current post count filters.
    Which forums were added to the no-count this time? You guys removed 2,000 posts from my count this time (and 1,500 the first time).

You might as well cancel the post count for all I care. I've never seen any other forums where the post counts are removed retroactively, you make us all newbies here. Pretty soon the mods will be left by themselves.

I'm glad there is HostHideout.com because WHT has been a big joke for several months now. There is no appreciation of our support and contribution.

Originally posted by timechange
    Which forums were added to the no-count this time?
    None that I know of That's why I can't understand this.

I don't see what happened either, I lost...one post I think. Must be a forum I don't visit very often I guess?
    I wish all my traffic went through AS174.

heh. Mine just dropped from over 5,000 to 4200 ish. Some bug.

Please either remove post counts altogether, or stop tinkering with what forums count and what forums don't count.

SWR's just dropped from over 6,000 to just 4,000.
    WLVPN.com NetProtect owned White Label VPN provider
    Increase your hosting profits by adding VPN to your product line up

I just lost 1/3 of my post count, and I've been posting almost exclusively in the WebHosting forum.

Do note that post-counts are a way for a member to ascertain their contribution to a forum. When you reduce those post-counts, you effectively tell every affected member that their contribution is no longer valued - or else very restrictively valued.

I also note that sometimes admin settings have "show time edit", and sometimes it doesn't show. Seems like the WHT admin are messing with the settings and imagining that no one would notice.

Please stop messing with the site settings.

Check out Chicken's

So the system mistakingly added 4,000 posts onto Chicken's post count, and you have now corrected this oversight?? Not likely.
    WLVPN.com NetProtect owned White Label VPN provider
    Increase your hosting profits by adding VPN to your product line up

I lost only around 50 posts, so I suppose i'm not so badly affected.

WebDev, think you could explain how exactly the previous post count was inaccurate and why it's different now?
    Have you Floble'd today?

Oh crap.

I'm going in hiding.
    There is no best host. There is only the host that's best for you.

I lost around 300 first time, 250 this time.

Don't bother me, but I agree with Bob, ditch them or stop messing with them... Just came back after 1 1/2 weeks and again post counts have been changed.
    What does one host say to the other? "(HostA) Want to go see a movie?" "(HostB) Sure, can your parents drive?"

I'm premium, and no, I did not have to pay $6 a month to figure that out.

Lost 52 posts.

Over the 2 updates...ie my previous "irrelavant posts" I lost about 500...so now I am thinking...Im not such an assett to these forums I feel all undervalued and insignificant now!

Not a nice way to start a Sunday I can tell you.

Not that post count matters or anything

Simon

Originally posted by WebDev
    What about the current post count filters ? I see nothng in the rules.

I am sure Webdev will answer all the questions when he wakes

heh...finally hit evangelist...now I'm junior guru again. Lost about 100 posts, about 1/3. I don't really care, but what was removed from my total that wasn't already removed before..forum wise?
    This is pretty silly.

We like to pretend that post count doesn't matter. After all, it's only a number?

But it is a reflection of a person's contribution to a board. If a person's post count is constantly reset lower, it implies the admins value that members contribution much less.

Essentially, why bother contributing when it's not valued? Unless you want to spam a signature about, that is...

Page 1 of 7 1234 ... LastLast