hosted by liquidweb

Go Back   Web Hosting Talk : Web Hosting Main Forums : Running a Web Hosting Business : Accepting credit cards w/QuickBooks

Forum Jump

Accepting credit cards w/QuickBooks

Reply Post New Thread In Running a Web Hosting Business Subscription

Send news tip View All Posts Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 07-02-2001, 03:27 PM
Junior Guru Wannabe

Accepting credit cards w/QuickBooks

QuickBooks contacted me last week. They are enabling registered users the ability to accept credit cards with apparently, no set up charge, no monthly fees. Just the usual premium per transaction.

Is anyone using this service yet? Any comments?

kb

Sponsored Links
Old 07-02-2001, 05:17 PM
Disabled

Re: Accepting credit cards w/QuickBooks

Why don't you post a link to the deal if you have one?

The only deal I've seen, which looks OK is the following..

QuickBooks does recurring billing but I'm not sure if this will work with this service with ease..

What does the service cost?
The QuickBooks Merchant Account Service replaces the traditional credit card swipe terminal, so you do not need to purchase this equipment to use this service.

The QuickBooks Merchant Account Service is offered with Wells Fargo Bank.

Regular fees for this Service include:

One-time setup fee (This is a non-refundable, one-time fee charged to set up your merchant account. The QuickBooks Merchant Account Service does not charge a setup fee.)

$10.00 Monthly Internet service fee (This is a fee charged every month to make your merchant account accessible from the Internet. The QuickBooks Merchant Account Service does not charge a monthly Internet service fee.) None

Discount rate for MasterCard® or Visa® (This percentage of every MasterCard or Visa transaction is deducted as a fee. You are billed every month for the accumulated charges for the respective month's transactions.) 2.30%

Per transaction fee (This is an amount charged for every transaction. This amount is in addition to the discount rate.) $0.10

Monthly fee (This is the amount you will be charged every month for your merchant account.) $14.95

Special fees (charged when applicable) include:

Fees for cards other than MasterCard or Visa (This refers to credit cards other than MasterCard and Visa; specifically, Diner's Club®, Discover® Card, and American Express®. Discover and American Express send separate statements to you. Diner's Club will be included with your MasterCard or Visa statement. Wells Fargo charges an authorization fee for these transactions.) $0.15

Chargeback fee (This fee is applied for a chargeback where you are found to be liable when a customer disputes a charge, in addition to the disputed transaction amount). $15.00

Terms, conditions, pricing, and service features subject to change.

For more information about Merchant Account Service fees for Wells Fargo, contact Wells Fargo (toll-free) at 1-877-461-2909.

Quote:
Originally posted by ')'
QuickBooks contacted me last week. They are enabling registered users the ability to accept credit cards with apparently, no set up charge, no monthly fees. Just the usual premium per transaction.

Is anyone using this service yet? Any comments?

kb

Old 07-02-2001, 05:55 PM
Junior Guru Wannabe

I was contacted by phone with the offer.

Since I cleaned out my computer a few weeks ago, I didn't have the program installed to proceed with the setup.

QuickBooks will be calling again on Tuesday to do the setup.

I was just curious if anyone else had been approached or was setup for this already.

kb

Sponsored Links
Old 07-02-2001, 06:03 PM
Web Hosting Master

Aloha
was going to do this but have heard so many quirks that quickbooks has done with privacy issues installing ad/spy stuff on your puter decided not to use em and install quickbooks on a non internet puter
kinda mad at them hope they stop this in next version

Old 07-04-2001, 04:41 PM
Junior Guru Wannabe

Here is a link to the scoop on accepting credit cards with QuickBooks.

https://payment.firepay.com/quickboo.../faq.html#faq1

It takes about 20 mins. to sign up, you will know in 48 hours if your application has been accepted.

Hint: One of the questions asks for a driver's license number. Apparently, you run a better chance of being accepted by providing the license no.

kb

Old 09-28-2009, 01:50 AM

Quickbooks

I found this link on the internet direct to the application to set up the service. If you click on fees it should tell you the fees. I tried it and it works fine.
Good luck.

https://merchant.intuit.com/signup/?p=d11099

Related posts from TheWhir.com
Title Type Date Posted
Web Hosting Sales and Promos Roundup - January 17, 2014 Web Hosting News 2014-01-17 17:16:45
Web Host MonsterMegs Accepts Bitcoin Payment Web Hosting News 2013-03-14 16:28:37
Mega Cloud Storage Accepts Bitcoins, Hints at Email, Voice Services Web Hosting News 2013-02-19 11:25:37
Web hosting provider Infinitely Virtual Offers Unbundled Microsoft Office Suite Products Web Hosting News 2012-08-14 18:22:53
Web Host Infinitely Virtual Provides Customers with QuickBooks via Cloud Web Hosting News 2012-05-17 13:05:06