Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

McHost Closes Tickets with no Response--THE EVIDENCE

Well..I posted this over at the McHost forums for the customers who disbelieve this happens. Now there forum has gone offline...will probably be offline all day. It was on Tuesday. So here it is for everybody.

Please tell me the point of filling out support requests at McHost?

Simon
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails closednoresponse1.gif  

I don't understand why the close the forum for a few hours around this time everyday. It says 'for database maintenance' but how much maintance does a forum take?

Hope you find a new provider that satisfies your needs better.

Ummmm, there is actually nothing Mchost can do to prepare you to move to another provider. That's all up to you.

While that is true, they stil should have at least said that in a response to the ticket.

Originally posted by Aussie Bob
    Ummmm, there is actually nothing Mchost can do to prepare you to move to another provider. That's all up to you.
    I am not a mind reader. If you need to tell me that there is nothing to do...tell me. Please do not ignore me though! I really hate that.

Simon

Did they ever respond to all your downtime?
    There is no best host. There is only the host that's best for you.

Originally posted by SoftWareRevue
    Did they ever respond to all your downtime?
    7 Hours after the initial failure they posted some gobbalty gook in the announcements thread. Listing a load of process etc....like I really give a sh*t.

So...in answer to your question....far far far too little....far far far too late!

Simon

I will add to that previous post.

3 hours into the downtime and in response to my severity one ticket...they told me the server was being requested to be rebooted. That was it.

Simon

If you want to move to another provider, McHost can't do anything to help you, you have to move your accounts, and change DNS settings, just that...

Originally posted by SimonMc
    I am not a mind reader. If you need to tell me that there is nothing to do...tell me. Please do not ignore me though! I really hate that.

Simon
    Just saying that there is nothing they can do when you say to prepare your account, as you moving to another provider. You'll need to ensure that future billing of your credit card is ceased, your account is deleted from their server, when you inform them that you have moved.

Originally posted by Aussie Bob
    Just saying that there is nothing they can do when you say to prepare your account, as you moving to another provider. You'll need to ensure that future billing of your credit card is ceased, your account is deleted from their server, when you inform them that you have moved.
    I was not refering to you by the way...I was refering to Mchost ignoring me. I hope that was clear. Wouldn't want to get off on the wrong foot so to speak

Simon

You didnt really give them a task or a question.

It would have been nice for them to reply before closing, but there wasnt actually anything for them to do on that ticket.
    Matt Wallis
    United Communications Limited
    High Performance Shared & Reseller | Managed VPS Cloud | Managed Dedicated
    UK www.unitedhosting.co.uk | US www.unitedhosting.com | Since 1998.

Originally posted by UH-Matt
    You didnt really give them a task or a question.

It would have been nice for them to reply before closing, but there wasnt actually anything for them to do on that ticket.
    The task was:

Prepare my account for another hosting company.

NOW: If that task was not actually a task in their eyes...why would they not just say so?

In my eyes you see....THE PAYING CUSTOMER...that task is very real. I want them to make sure that they do what they are supposed to do to aid me in my host move....now...as I now know...only by posting here by the way...that task does not exist.

Would it have not been so much better for everybody involved if they had just said nothing to do!

Simon

Haha, I left MCHost in January. Yesterday I tried to log into their help desk and billing center. Sure, account is still active. I was curious and try to login into WHM. It worked. Then I tried to login via SSH. It WORKED!!!! (MCHost security sucks anyways)

Checked the loads on server. Average load was well above 5 (single PIII 900 - Atlanta DC). High loads (and downtime) was the main reason I left. Now I am really glad I left.

Server is way overloaded. Over 1000 domains (only about half are static html).

Well, I did some work, removed all domains under my account and also my reseller account. I did that for security reason (passwords, DBs) and not to help MCHost at cleaning...

Ahh yeah, the guys are working on their brand new control panel. AGAIN!!!

MCHost has been great (long time ago), but not because they performed, but beacuse of their old customer base.

Now they simply suck. Server performance is bellow any standards, uptime sucks as well, support is even worse, communication sucks too.
    The only thing which makes them half way competitive are their prices. But if you think what you get for the buck, is still way too expensive...

If you're customer of MCHost and you think that was your worse decision ever, you're right. But they also give you the opportunity to make your best decision ever - to get hell out of there.

Originally posted by SimonMc
    Prepare my account for another hosting company.
    Don't mean to be an idiot. However, what do they do to "prepare" your account?

When I read the ticket it sounded like a cancellation warning. If I were McHost I would have said "This is our cancellation policy bla bla bla" but maybe they're too busy to give a nice response like that.

Your post is a bit misleading though, you sound as though you had a real issue (that they could tend to atleast) and they simply ignored you.

Originally posted by brandonk

Your post is a bit misleading though, you sound as though you had a real issue (that they could tend to atleast) and they simply ignored you.
    Where is it misleading?

Question. Was the ticket closed without a response?

Answer. Yes

What is misleading about that?

Simon

You should have been a little more specific about your move, like telling them:

"I am planning to migrate to a new host on XXday of XX month. Please close my account on that day and cease the billing cycle."

Because frankly, they were most likely puzzled at what kind of a response you expect from them. Maybe if it was worded differently, you would have gotten a response?

Originally posted by Alpharo
    You should have been a little more specific about your move, like telling them:

"I am planning to migrate to a new host on XXday of XX month. Please close my account on that day and cease the billing cycle."

Because frankly, they were most likely puzzled at what kind of a response you expect from them. Maybe if it was worded differently, you would have gotten a response?
    Sure...of course it should have been worded differently. I don't know about you though...but when I am confussed about something I ask.

It is kind of like someone in the street stopping you and asking where the nearest chiropractioners office is (you have no idea what the guy just asked) So you just totally ignore him and walk on by.

No matter how you turn this ...it still boils down to one thing...McHost closed the ticket without response!

Simon

Granted they should have given you a proper response, but I think their support was just confused at what kind of a response to give to such a statement, so they close it, maybe thinking that it's just a threat or something.

Actually, I'm not surprised - some people in the streets may ask you where the thingamajig store is, and people are known to just look them up and down before walking off without saying anything

Actually, I'm not surprised - some people in the streets may ask you where the thingamajig store is, and people are known to just look them up and down before walking off without saying anything
    Yep..I know it happens a lot. Not nice though is it!

Simon

Granted they should have given you a proper response, but I think their support was just confused at what kind of a response to give to such a statement, so they close it, maybe thinking that it's just a threat or something.
    I was there for some time, and I had tickets closed without response too. They were not ambiguous or remotely threatening...just closed. It may be they have a 'close all' on their help desk (Perldesk, when I was there) and accidentally used it on mine, or someone who doesn't know how to transfer a call to another user properly. Something like that. Back when they outsourced to BobCares, tickets were closed repeatedly when they were complicated, perhaps because they didn't quite understand what was being asked. Maybe they have a new support company on board?

Lately there have been lots of complaints about closed tickets, double billing and worse. I find it harder and harder to chalk everything up to coincidence or confusion.

Originally posted by bear

Lately there have been lots of complaints about closed tickets, double billing and worse. I find it harder and harder to chalk everything up to coincidence or confusion.
    I have been a customer of McHost for approx 1.5 years now. I really wanted to make this 15 years. I tried and I tried to help them to help me. The frustrating thing is...nobody listens. My comments on their forums and in help desk tickets eventually just turned to sarcasm. I even remember posting a question on their forum and saying....please...Nobody from McHost answer this...I do not have time to work out the cryptic response. That was desperation!

Anyway....things are looking roseier already for me. There is only one way to deal with it and that is with your wallet. Get up and GO!

Simon

I think generally your ticket could have been worded differently and only experience and the comments of others helps with this.

I agree though that despite the wording they should have at least replied saying "we dont understand" or "please provide more information", its courtest to their customers at least.

If you cant get what you want then as you say, the only way to make them understand is to give the business to someone else.

Even if I had said in the ticket:-

"Bla Bla Bla...."

There should have been a response.

You have also heared from other people here who have said that McHost has closed their tickets too without a response. So...lets make this thread an opportunity to improve McHosts customer service. Don't just say you had your ticket closed without response....PROVE it! Just like I did.

Simon

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast