Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

AlienVPS ufohost webrulon - Las Vegas outage 3 days and counting

So it looks like this outfit has gone off the air.

Been off the air like since 16th at around 2pm Eastern US time.

No response to support cases.
    No answers to emails
    No answers to phone calls for days.
    Web chat is broken.
    Cannot console into the VPS as clearly no connectivity to Las Vegas.
    Nothing on any of their twitter pages or facebook.

So who else is in the same boat?

The only notice put on the client area is from 2 days ago.... nothing since. It's also NOT a partial outage. I've tested from various looking glasses. Looks like they have not paid their bill to FibreHub in Las Vegas.

"Las Vegas Network Issue
    Attention customers with VPSes located in Las Vegas and UFOHost customers. We are currently investigating an issue with the Las Vegas Network, it appears that services are unreachable from some locations. We are working to resolve this partial outage as soon as possible and will update this announcement as soon as we have an update to the problem.

Wednesday, December 17, 2014"

The more I read about them on WHT, it seems that have form in avoiding communication, being evasive and actually not knowing what is going.

Others have called it a scam and a front for WebRulon, and I'm begining to see why.

Sorry to rant, but these guys really need to be exposed for how poor their customer care is. how hard is it to update the client area with updates.

we have servers in the same data center

we have servers in the same data center as alienware in Las Vegas and i can tell you all our customers vps servers are online and there has been no network issues at all.

there was a post a few days ago from WebRulon "Established Web & VPS Hosting Company for Sale" FYI

I hear you Dwain. I never suspected it would the entire FibreHub DC down - else there would way more noise on various forums.

Traceroutes get to Vegas Fibrehub edge router... seems to die just before that. so either Fibrehub have pulled the plug.
    Global BGP still shows AlienVPS/UfoHost/Webrulon AS paths and prefixes being advertised.

Anyway, I'm done with this lot.
    They advertised 25 mbps up link but changed it to 5 mbps and even then the regular but intermittent packet loss and jitter/RTT is so variable it makes things slow as treacle.

Currently building a new VPS with a provider in LA. I'll only loose 2 days of mail on the IMAP store. Thanks goodness for backups. My backup MX is queueing mail at the moment and doing my DNS, that's the important thing.

Quote Originally Posted by HostingBig View Post
    there was a post a few days ago from WebRulon "Established Web & VPS Hosting Company for Sale" FYI
    Oh really? Do you have a linky? I was earlier searching on here and google/twitter for webrulon/alienvps/ufohost to see if I could get any hits/complaints about service being down. I must've missed it on the WHT search results if it's on here.

Ship must be going down... I wont be one of the rats to going down with it.

Just do a search for threads by WebRulon

Quote Originally Posted by Dwain View Post
    we have servers in the same data center as alienware in Las Vegas and i can tell you all our customers vps servers are online and there has been no network issues at all.

guess i should proof read myself lol

We are in the Fiberhub Data Center in Las Vegas "not like Alienware"
    but like AlienVPS sorry for the mixup.

Just gave them a look, Their sites come up for me, seems kinda slow loading at the moment...

Quote Originally Posted by SkunkEyes View Post
    Just gave them a look, Their sites come up for me, seems kinda slow loading at the moment...
    Their website is hosted in some other DC in the East Coast.

Quote Originally Posted by HostingBig View Post
    Just do a search for threads by WebRulon
    Yeah I got it man! Interesting. surely they cannot sell something that's as broken ass as their Vegas POP. Who'd buy a business that's has no customer goodwill towards. Perhaps the new owner might have sometime to support it. In the meantime I aint waiting around.

Unfortunately I cannot PM that member, WebRulon - I guess I have to wait until a mod approves my account... frustrating. I'll have to try later. Seems the only possible communications channel at present.

This is the post " Established Web & VPS Hosting Company for Sale "

http://www.webhostingtalk.com/showthread.php?t=1438312

Abducted?

Francisco

AlienVPS outage spreads

I had a VPS in their East coast data center. It was online and working until 20 Dec, 20:40 UTC. I had not received any prior notice from the provider. I had a sketchy history of availability and support with them, so I moved most of my services to another provider last August.

I got the same problem for the last four days; Initially the control panel shown my VPS as running, though I got no network access. Several reboots and a ticket on the support system got me nothing. Now their entire infrastructure (including webrulon and alienlayer domains) are offline.
    Last edited by faramir42; 12-21-2014 at 01:27 PM. Reason: typos

Quote Originally Posted by faramir42 View Post
    I got the same problem for the last four days; Initially the control panel shown my VPS as running, though I got no network access. Several reboots and a ticket on the support system got me nothing. Now their entire infrastructure (including webrulon and alienlayer domains) are offline.
    In the exact same boat as you are here. I am absolutely sick of their sub-par service with next to no tech support / help of trouble tickets, etc. I am relocating the contents of my VPS to a different host as soon as I'm able to retrieve the data off AlienVPS.

I signed up for their server with PayPal two weeks ago and I'm wondering whether they will ever come back. Is somebody else thinking about asking a chargeback from Paypal? Is this possible?

I had absolutely no problems for 2 years with my small Alien VPS in NewYork.

And now I read this? The NY DC seems to be down since yesterday.

Are there any official statements about this?

Quote Originally Posted by Vaxbox View Post
    I had absolutely no problems for 2 years with my small Alien VPS in NewYork.

And now I read this? The NY DC seems to be down since yesterday.

Are there any official statements about this?
    I am unable to access their website, this mite be the reasson

Quote Originally Posted by faramir42 View Post
    I signed up for their server with PayPal two weeks ago and I'm wondering whether they will ever come back. Is somebody else thinking about asking a chargeback from Paypal? Is this possible?
    Open the dispute case on PayPal, before you open chargeback via your Bank when this case remain unresolved.

big nightmare

after they changed owners, we hoped they would improve... instead they are just as bad as before

Maybe just another bad owner. Nevertheless you need to judge about now and not about 'maybe in the future'.

Good luck!

AN UPDATE!
    Their domain's are back online for the moment, webrulon.com, alienvps.com, alienlayer.com have all returned.

UNFORTUNATELY HOWEVER; SSH is still inaccessible, and while I'm able to get back into the Control Panel I'm not able to boot my VPS.

I would recommend to backup your data and move on, as soon, and if, the servers become available again.

I fully intend to. I already have another VPS registered and ready to go over at OVH.com . Just waiting on AlienLayer to get their crap together.

Good luck with OVH. We have a Customer on their VPS plan (not Cloud, no experience with their Cloud at all, so can't say) that we manage, and they are sometimes the only ones that trigger our monitoring alerts during a day. Just my 2 cents. At the end of the day it's your choice. You get what you pay for.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast