McHost Gone Walkabout!

Well...my new all singing all dancing server ...well...thats what they said it would be....has been down now for around 6 hours.

Yes...6 hours. If you ran a reseller company...how would you respond to servers being down for 6 hours...well...and counting.

MCHOST....ANYONE IN THE SHOP!

I keep treading on the mat to set the bell off....but does anybody come to serve me.

Have a laugh with yourself....join "Ronald McHost" and friends. Except they are all out of the shop right now!

Simon

Wheres Grimus?
    Clustered Hosting With Continuous Data Protection (CDP)
    http://www.solidinternet.com
    8 Years of hosting excellence!

Still nothing. I wonder whose fault it will be this time. 99.99% it is not Marc's fault...go on...I bet ya!

Simon

Originally posted by SimonMc
    Still nothing. I wonder whose fault it will be this time. 99.99% it is not Marc's fault...go on...I bet ya!

Simon
    Just thought I would add...it is nearly seven hours now!...Still not a dicky bird from Ronald McHost and friends.

Simon

Site has just this second come back.

Thats a good seven hours down today! Nothing from Mchost.

My shopping has started.

Marc...I will be backing my files up and out of your hair before the end of the week.

You run a real tight ship there ....my old shipmate!

Simon

Did you get any type of mail or announcement about the downtime?
    CW3 Web Hosting - Merchant Accounts-Private Label Reseller Plans
    http://cw3host.com and http://home.cyberweb3.net

Re: McHost Gone Walkabout!

Originally posted by SimonMc
    If you ran a reseller company...how would you respond to servers being down for 6 hours.

Simon
    I'm very glad to hear your sites are back up, but to answer your question, I'd

i. Credit all of your clients 1 month (or more).
    ii. Explain the situation, and your dissatisfaction. Apologize profusely. Seek forgiveness. Show them you are trying your best to resolve the situation.
    iii. Find another company to deal with.

Cheers
    Jeff
    www.idologic.com
    www.demologic.com
    A company committed to people serious about their websites - If you don't DO LOGIC - what do you do?Check Us Out

Simon,

I feel for you guy. 6 hours with no notice is absurd beyond repoach.

You didn't ask for a referal, but I'll drop a dime on you anyway. If you want a host that is very good at communicating (even the smallest of issues), one that ASKS their hostees opinions before doing upgrades (and consider them whole-heartedly), provides responses to support tickets (usually within the hour, most times less than that), and comparably priced to McHost... talk to the guys at www.Idologic.com

There is so much more one could say about Idologic, but I don't have that much time to say of the pros about them. Your assured to be in good hands by partnering with them for a long time to come.

Which ever route you choose, I am sure you will make the right choice for your needs. I wish you much more luck than you have had at your current supplier.

Regards,