Anyone hosted on FDCServers?

If so, care to share with me a URL of your site so I can check out loading speeds and accessibility over various points in time?

I've read other FDC threads, but if anyone else also has any other new comments on them, shoot them into this thread too, please.

Cheers.

I've read some terrible things about FDCServers in these threads. If you are thinking of using them, you should do a search here at wht for FDCServers related threads. At least then you can make an informed decision.

I use FDC servers for my website, but not for clients websites (have a box at rackshack for them). I like to do this because if my server should happen to be down, clients can still access the site for support tickets, emails, etc...

anyway, my URL is www.spiderwebcreations.ca if you want to check it out.

FDC Reseller = Terrible, absolutely pitiful. Well, just a little worse than that.

FDC Dedicated = fairly decent, decent reply times, but not always quality replies, and sometimes have some small misunderstandings (such as installing a wrong version), but the dedicated support is usually very good.
    I buy vBulletin licenses and vBSEO licenses!

Cheers guys.

The reason I was considering FDC, regardless of all the bad about it, are because I've heard quite a bit of good about the dedicated side of things.

I'm still tempted to give them a try though, although not for any mission critical sites.

I've been checking Spiderweb's URL (Thanks a lot) and it has been down quite a few times, and seemed a bit slow too.

Are there any other cheap resellers? Something maybe half the transfer, same price?

Originally posted by PCplayground
    FDC Reseller = Terrible, absolutely pitiful. Well, just a little worse than that.

FDC Dedicated = fairly decent, decent reply times, but not always quality replies, and sometimes have some small misunderstandings (such as installing a wrong version), but the dedicated support is usually very good.
    Are you still mad that we booted you off the server since your site was causing the CPU to overload and casuing downtime?

Out of interest Adam, how long does it take to activate a new reseller account with FDC?

Originally posted by adminME
    Are you still mad that we booted you off the server since your site was causing the CPU to overload and casuing downtime?
    No, I even said good things about dedicated.

Why is your server down right now then? Freaking eh, I have shown you over and over and over and over that your server still has downtime.

Why are you at these forums when your forums have unreplied answers? What? Because your server is down and you cant access the forums? Stop blaming me for everything.

This is an automated message from SiteUptime.

Alert Type: Site Not Available
    Result: Failed
    Time: 5/17/2003 07:46:12
    URL: 66.227.104.224

Service: http

This is an automated message from SiteUptime.

Alert Type: Site Not Available
    Result: Failed
    Time: 5/17/2003 06:41:13
    URL: 66.227.104.224
    Service: http

Wow, my site has a lasting affect, no?

Adam, please, come up with something new, I am tired of having the same exact arguments with you. I even was "adult like, and emailed you" you didnt respond, which you suggested I do in the other threads.

I think I should just start posting the other threads so I dont have to repeat this with you.

Originally posted by foomeister
    Out of interest Adam, how long does it take to activate a new reseller account with FDC?
    '

Thread 1 - FDC Forums

Thread 2 - FDC Forums

Thread 3 - FDC Forums

Thread 4 - FDC Forums

Thread 5 - FDC Forums

Originally posted by newbie2
    I've read some terrible things about FDCServers in these threads. If you are thinking of using them, you should do a search here at wht for FDCServers related threads. At least then you can make an informed decision.
    That just might mean that more unhappy FDCServers clients post here than happy clients.

i.e. It doesn't necessarily mean anything what u read here

True...it doesn't necessarily mean that...however...it is better to take into account the negative comments because the people posting them have nothing really to gain nor lose from posting them. Like myself. My negative on FDC gained me nothing, and lost me nothing...it was just to ensure that my side was spoken and maybe I could help others escape FDC's evil grasp.
    --Eric West

Thread 1 - FDC Forums

Thread 2 - FDC Forums

Thread 3 - FDC Forums

Thread 4 - FDC Forums

Thread 5 - FDC Forums
    Eeek!

Originally posted by foomeister
    Eeek!
    LOL. Yeah, its pretty bad.

Posting those links got me banned from their forums too. *sigh*

Oh joy... I used to be a big fan of FDC -- for way less, you got just slightly less. I never noticed the downtime.

But now it's constantly going down now. It's apparently gone up and down twice today, and now onto the third time? And frequently I'll be in CPanel, and look at the system's reported uptime. It's not too uncommon for it to be about 2 hours?! Multiple reboots daily are getting a wee bit tiring.

I think I'm packing up and moving to Dathorn. (I should add that FDC's "Are you still mad..." response here wasn't the most professional, either...)

I signed up for the $9 on Friday (about 7am their time) and still haven't heard anything yet (it's about noon their time Tuesday).

I doubt I'll be renewing my subscription.

someone removed all those threads?
    Myles Loosley-Millman - admin@prioritycolo.com
    Priority Colo Inc. - Affordable Colocation & Dedicated Servers.
    Two Canadian facilities serving Toronto & Markham, Ontario
    http://www.prioritycolo.com

FDCserver is going down the drain for resellers. But even the Dedicated have some problems.

I used to be a huge fan of FDC's reseller plans -- spend way less, and get like 99.9% uptime -- that was fine for my needs.

Well, EasyMonitor.com is now reporting that my site has 97.83% uptime?! I think I'm signing up with Dathorn or somewhere soon!

FDC SUX.... stay away!

Well if any one whants to look at the uptime for reseller site's here are mine.

http://216.93.176.145/statistics.php?Id=1732
    http://216.93.176.145/statistics.php?Id=1733

If you mail suport the mail server says that it not accepting any emails. If sales says email to kevin well he is not responding. The server always goes down at 11:00 o'clock +1 GMT time. and stays down for almost 4 a 5 hours. It's now the 10th time that this happens. FDCserver is history with reseller hosting.

Now i'm going to look for a other host.

Originally posted by Toefur
    Cheers guys.

The reason I was considering FDC, regardless of all the bad about it, are because I've heard quite a bit of good about the dedicated side of things.

I'm still tempted to give them a try though, although not for any mission critical sites.

I've been checking Spiderweb's URL (Thanks a lot) and it has been down quite a few times, and seemed a bit slow too.

Are there any other cheap resellers? Something maybe half the transfer, same price?
    I gave Adam a shot when he offered me a great deal for a reseller when he was at HostStudios and well I recieved very small downtime. And when I small I mean not even noticeable. Then when he left and sold it, the new owner screwed me over so I came here looking.

Your possible choices I would look into are:

1) ************
    2) DatHorn

Good Day

opinion

I have been with then for a few months as a reseller (personal use)

The server I am on (fdcstorage) has very little down time other than a reboot every week. However the forum and ticket systems are down often.

Support was good overall if you were ok to wait. I currently have an outstanding ticket and the same request in the forum (delay in ticket) that have been there for 24 hours. My request was small and it is probably too late. I also pmed one the of the techs on the forum. To date, there has been no response.

I feel this is too long. 12 hours for a hosting company is probably more acceptable. They seem to have some real issues and need to get honest and sort them out.

As per price for features and quality, they are hard to beat. (for personal sites) But even considering this, their downtime is in the realm of unacceptable and service is very average to poor. That may be no-one's fault but they need to get on top of it.
    "Free your mind.." - The Matrix
    "Choice is an illusion..." - The Matrix Reloaded.