Web and Template Design Partner Needed

Hello all,

I am looking to form a partnership in a website design business. I have several potential customers (garnered from my computer consulting business) who have expressed and interest in having a website built. I also have a marketing campaign in place to promote further business.

I am looking for a designer who can not only create sites, but interact with customers via phone and/or email to discuss any refinements to their project (and be available to answer questions for those on the verge of deciding to buy).

Here, in a nutshell, is what I am looking for:

i) Partnership where we will equally divide the profits of the work.

ii) Able to design sites in Dreamweaver and Fireworks/Photoshop from scratch but probably initially based on purchased templates (for example from thetemplatestore.com). Able to design original templates also.

iii) Must have Paypal

iv) Must have AIM

v) Must be able to speak English

Should you have further questions, please feel free PM me or contact me at dunbar7376@yahoo.com with "Design Partner" in the subject line.

Dunbar7376
    Last edited by Dunbar7376; 05-15-2003 at 02:03 AM.

So the designer does the designing for the whole project, and its still split 50/50 - i think 80/20 would be better

Also whats stopping designers opening their own company?

Thanks

Hello,

Thank you for your reply.

The idea of any partnership is to spread the talent and I am the first to admit that I am lacking in design talent, hence my desire to partner with someone.

What I plan to bring to the table is sales and marketing experience, a developed business plan (subject of course to approval from my business partner), as well as a number of pre-qualified clients.

The alternative is to offer it as a project on a contract basis, but the financial rewards are certainly a lot less given the competitve nature of bids nowadays.

As to your final question, it is a good one, but I am in no position to answer it. I give up, what's stopping them?
    Last edited by Dunbar7376; 05-15-2003 at 09:59 PM.