Thumbs down Hostient...just hurts.

I was with Hostient for around a year.

Most of that time either the service was down because they switch upline providers so much - or it was down for some other reason - or it was up and my content was gone due to their constant catastrophic data losses.

I have just a few minutes ago cancelled my services there and expect no refund.

I have no words to strongly enough describe just how poor - how all the time wasted just trying to use this service AND the money spent to get it are the WORST waste of time & life energy I've EVER yet experienced.

The Hostient folks are very, very, very BAD at this and should hand the hosting service & clients over to someone who is actually good at it; and then go do something totally NON-technical instead (like maybe landscaping ??).

Writing reviews of this waste is my parting gift to Hostient - as I've no way to recover the time & money that was TOTALLY WASTED on this horror that pretends to be a hosting provider.

Sorry to hear about your bad experience with Hostient. Are you looking for a new web hosting provider or you have already got one?

Smile Thanks MilesWeb.

I signed up with another provider:
    Quote Originally Posted by MilesWeb View Post
    Sorry to hear about your bad experience with Hostient. Are you looking for a new web hosting provider or you have already got one?
    Hopefully they are much better than Hostient could ever be.

Best Wishes.

Quote Originally Posted by smallhagrid View Post
    I signed up with another provider:

Hopefully they are much better than Hostient could ever be.

Best Wishes.
    You certainly couldn't do worse, I suppose?

Just out of curiosity, how much was the package and what did it offer?

It was one of their reseller packages - the same as they are currently offering here.

Just FYI in case anyone here is considering using these folks=>
    It has been confirmed to my satisfaction by their current upstream provider that they are reselling services as a reseller on another host and DO NOT own their servers.

This would seem to also explain why they have switched upstream providers so very many times in the last couple of years.

That's bad to hear. I hope they improve their services.

There is alot of good hosting providers out there. one I can recommend would be hawkhost or I'd recommend checking out the current specials on forum as well

It was one of their reseller packages - the same as they are currently offering here.

Just FYI in case anyone here is considering using these folks=>
    It has been confirmed to my satisfaction by their current upstream provider that they are reselling services as a reseller on another host and DO NOT own their servers.

This would seem to also explain why they have switched upstream providers so very many times in the last couple of years.
    It is no surprise when you look at the prices they are offering their packages at.

Sorry to hear about your experience with them. Good luck with your new provider

I'm with you.

Hostient is just ugh!
    Sometimes, my sites goes down for days and it's just bad.

My site is down currently and I'm looking for another reseller right now.

There is not a lot of reviews regarding Hostient, not much negatives also so I think they might not be so bad.

It's always the most difficult thing to go through, sometimes there is faith but then the faith just runs out. Hope you enjoy your new hosting provider.

Lightbulb I agree...!

They are indeed 'not so bad':
    Quote Originally Posted by Futuron-Peter View Post
    There is not a lot of reviews regarding Hostient, not much negatives also so I think they might not be so bad.
    They are TERRIBLE providers and DO NOT own their servers at all.

And as an added note - here (link below) is a posting that is highly pertinent to other replies in this thread.
    I posted it here over a year ago, and nothing has occurred to change my POV since then:
    http://www.webhostingtalk.com/showthread.php?t=1246608

Folks always tend to point to price 1st, then overselling.
    I have used pricey, mid-range and cheap hosting - and I try always to avoid any that admit to overselling or allow it.

Regardless - most seem to burn out after a while.

Many just dry up and blow away like Ironcladservers did quite recently - or like Kdisk did a while back.

The only real differences I've noticed are:

How long any provider may stay up before ditching their paid clients;

How much money is lost by the clients as results of the usual sorts of vanishments.

The only GOOD news I see is that when a low-priced provider aborts 100%, the clients do not suffer as big a loss as when a high ticket one does it...like what Kdisk did, for example.

Sorry to hear about your bad experience with hostient. I hope your new hosting provider will provide you best services. Goodluck

I was with Hostient for around a year.

Most of that time either the service was down because they switch upline providers so much - or it was down for some other reason - or it was up and my content was gone due to their constant catastrophic data losses.

I have just a few minutes ago cancelled my services there and expect no refund.

I have no words to strongly enough describe just how poor - how all the time wasted just trying to use this service AND the money spent to get it are the WORST waste of time & life energy I've EVER yet experienced.

The Hostient folks are very, very, very BAD at this and should hand the hosting service & clients over to someone who is actually good at it; and then go do something totally NON-technical instead (like maybe landscaping ??).

Writing reviews of this waste is my parting gift to Hostient - as I've no way to recover the time & money that was TOTALLY WASTED on this horror that pretends to be a hosting provider.
    Reading this, I really felt the sorrow - wow. Allot of hosts these days look at just the $$$ and not the client's businesses and livelihood they have riding on them and at stake.

It's hard for me to understand why you stayed a year with this crap?

Smile Thanks for the kind thoughts.

Thanks WPHostingspot-Matt.

I'll be happy to 'splain a bit=>
    It's hard for me to understand why you stayed a year with this crap?
    Over the years, having tried all sorts of hosting providers I noticed a few common things between ALL of them - the biggest one being that pricing is NOT usually related with reliability and/or longevity.

SO:
    I now have a routine to test prospective providers, like this=>

I sign up, put stuff there which does not matter - and monitor.

The minimum time is 6 months of 100% PERFECT service before I'll trust any hosting - but usually it is a full year.

If they've had outstanding uptime & support I will trust them for client accounts - and my local monitoring stays in place.

Some folks say to me that I should just buy a server or get a VPS, but I find this way to be sufficient - and besides, when one goes really sour (like hostient and ironcladservers have...) it enables me to pass along the warnings to others and hopefully save them some grief.

Best Wishes to All for 2015 !!

I feel for you. When we started we had to move between different reseller accounts. This made us loose a lot of customers. But few years down the road and owning and renting dedicated servers we would never look back. I can to say anything about resellers as long as there upstream is a great host. MDD's reliability helped us back on track. I do wish you luck and hope that never happens to you again. Have a great new year!!

Thanks for your reply & well-wishes Webhostcentraluk.

What always surprises me is that when there are bad hosting providers, it seems that they are able be so very bad for far too long;
    And then so many of those bad ones just fold up suddenly & without warning in ways that allow no refunds to those who have paid them.

With a community like this one I instead imagine that any really bad provider would be sliced to ribbons very quickly by the simple & open exchanges of such info here.

This is why I always post about disappointments - and when I've needed to replace a provider I've always searched here for info from users BEFORE considering using any of them.

It is a wonderful thing to be able to avoid those bad ones by way of the helpful info posted here by those who have been disappointed before them, IMO.

Some sad, but at the same time - good news:
    I just tried to visit their main site and it just says:
    "This Account Has Been Suspended"

That, and the fact that their guy has not posted any new offers here in over a month leads me to think that they are now history, so it looks like there is no further help in warning anyone UNLESS the same players surface again with a different name (GRRRR !!).

Best Wishes to You and Yours.
    Last edited by smallhagrid; 01-27-2015 at 07:43 PM. Reason: new info.

Thanks for your reply & well-wishes Webhostcentraluk.

What always surprises me is that when there are bad hosting providers, it seems that they are able be so very bad for far too long;
    And then so many of those bad ones just fold up suddenly & without warning in ways that allow no refunds to those who have paid them.

With a community like this one I instead imagine that any really bad provider would be sliced to ribbons very quickly by the simple & open exchanges of such info here.

This is why I always post about disappointments - and when I've needed to replace a provider I've always searched here for info from users BEFORE considering using any of them.

It is a wonderful thing to be able to avoid those bad ones by way of the helpful info posted here by those who have been disappointed before them, IMO.

Some sad, but at the same time - good news:
    I just tried to visit their main site and it just says:
    "This Account Has Been Suspended"

That, and the fact that their guy has not posted any new offers here in over a month leads me to think that they are now history, so it looks like there is no further help in warning anyone UNLESS the same players surface again with a different name (GRRRR !!).

Best Wishes to You and Yours.

Looks like you made the right decision to move away beforehand.

Add me to the list of people that have gotten screwed by these guys. My sites have been down for over a week and are getting deindexed. They're completely ignoring my support tickets and closing them without even responding.

Quote Originally Posted by HostWithLove_Cody View Post
    It is no surprise when you look at the prices they are offering their packages at.
    Only judging by their website (without having seen their promos), I'd disagree. Their pricing is not something that's likely to scare many away. In fact, I'd say that with fairly reasonable prices (5GB Disk and without any billing software for $7.96/mo), it's even more of a surprise that they're unable to offer what appears to be remotely decent services.

Quote Originally Posted by MightWeb-Marcus View Post
    Only judging by their website (without having seen their promos), I'd disagree. Their pricing is not something that's likely to scare many away. In fact, I'd say that with fairly reasonable prices (5GB Disk and without any billing software for $7.96/mo), it's even more of a surprise that they're unable to offer what appears to be remotely decent services.
    Actually when I posted that message last December, I was referring to their promotions on WebHostingTalk. Without delving too much into details, their dollar per month plans probably don't generate much after taking into account taxes.

Quote Originally Posted by HostWithLove_Cody View Post
    Actually when I posted that message last December, I was referring to their promotions on WebHostingTalk. Without delving too much into details, their dollar per month plans probably don't generate much after taking into account taxes.
    Damn, didn't even see that post was a year old. Sorry!