The following is a guest post from DreamHost*about joining the i2Coalition.

DreamHost®, a global leader in web hosting and cloud services for entrepreneurs and developers, today announced that it has joined the Internet Infrastructure Coalition (i2Coaltion), a group that ensures the continued growth of the Internet infrastructure industry. DreamHost joins fellow global and U.S. Internet infrastructure providers in supporting the i2Coalition and its mission to put forward a better Internet for all by giving a unified voice to those building the nuts and bolts of the Internet.

Internet freedom has always been a pillar of i2Coalition’s mission, beginning with the group’s successful effort to prevent the Stop Online Piracy Act (SOPA) and the Protect IP Act (PIPA) from becoming laws. DreamHost was a vocal opponent to both SOPA and PIPA, and joining the Coalition was simply a natural fit. The i2Coalition has remained influential in representing the goals and beliefs of the Internet infrastructure industry, most recently advocating for the passage of the USA Freedom Act, and DreamHost is proud to lend its voice to the cause.

“The i2Coalition serves an important role in representing the interests of those who want to advance the Internet infrastructure industry in ways that meaningfully benefit our society,” said Simon Anderson, CEO, DreamHost. “They’ve done an incredible job in just over two years in existence, helping shape Internet policy on Capitol Hill and educating legislators on the complexities and workings of the Internet. Their mission is truly awesome and we wish more members of our industry would consider coming onboard.”

“We’re excited to welcome DreamHost as the newest member of the i2Coalition,” said Christian Dawson, co-founder and Board Chair, i2Coalition. “DreamHost shares our position on striving for a private and safe Internet for all. Our cohesive voice for an open Internet to drive economic growth and improve lives takes another step forward today.”