hosted by liquidweb

Go Back   Web Hosting Talk : Web Hosting Main Forums : Dedicated Server : Cobaltrack.com

Forum Jump

Cobaltrack.com

Reply Post New Thread In Dedicated Server Subscription

Send news tip View All Posts Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 07-03-2000, 04:23 AM
Junior Guru Wannabe

Cool

Hi.
Any information about cobaltrack.com ?
are they affidable, fast, etc. ?

Thank you
Siz

Sponsored Links
Old 07-03-2000, 10:35 AM
Billy

Their prices look pretty good. You might want to contact them about whether they charge for extra IP addresses, what their back-up fees are, what their support prices are, etc.

Besides their website being annoying and several mispellings, which always drives me crazy and usually convinces me not to use a company, they look very competitive. They beat out dialtone internet which usually has the best prices, or close to it.

Old 07-03-2000, 08:43 PM

Hi Siz,

Cobaltrack.com sure has some great prices on dedicated RaQ's. That part of their operation is quite impressive. However, I must agree with Billy, their web site leaves much to be desired. It has very, very basic design and spelling errors on every page that I visited and I tried to visit them all. That usually is enough to make me reconsider doing business with a company.

If on the other hand, they are indeed on the "up and up", I would be interested in getting a RaQ or two from them.

~ Marcus

Sponsored Links
Old 07-04-2000, 05:18 AM
Web Hosting Master

I am not sure how much the web site has to do with it. I have seen really nice sites on really bad hosts, and I am sure you know of a few companies with somewhat poor sites that you swear by their services.

Most likely this is the best that either the owner or the employees can do. I worked at a film and camera equipment distributor and they decided to put up a site. One of my coworkers did it. It worked, but it could have been done better.

They just didn't hire someone who could do it. Don't get me wrong- I think this is a big mistake, especially for a web based company!

I just think that a good website doesn't make a good host and by the same token, a bad site doesn't make a bad host.

We need users! Or someone willing to take the plunge They have a phone number...

Old 07-06-2000, 12:23 AM

Has anyone tried there service yet? or to call, i sent them an email..........what did you think of the pictures of there place did it look good? I didn't know what i was looking at lol I noticed when you go to sign up it takes you to visuallink-payments.com wich is theres but why do they have it that way?

Old 07-06-2000, 03:20 AM

Angry

I sent them 3 emails yesterday but with no response yet. Any good experiences with them?

Old 07-12-2000, 06:16 AM

Did anyone get any word from these people?

I just sent them an easy-to-answer presales mail and am waiting for reply.

Old 07-12-2000, 07:10 AM
Junior Guru Wannabe

A good thumbs-up is the website. The better it is done... the better the services. Alright, before you slagg me off I know that this is not true in some cases but look around... What do you find? You'll find that most of the top hosts have a good/OK design.

Cobaltrack's design should in my opinion never be put on display. If you are serious with your hosting service wouldn't you make sure that the frontal information desk which is the www.yourdomain.com is attractive?

Sure, they have great prices but like it has been mention before price is not everything... Go for a major provider. Start-ups and wannabe's are likely to go down hence why it is important for your business to choose the right one.

Old 07-12-2000, 09:29 AM
Web Hosting Master

Well, I still think there are many bad hosts with really nice sites, and thus there must (law of averages) be some really, really good hosts with not so great sites.

I sent an email to cobaltrack, it was deleted from my server after 5 days. Undeliverable. Ohhh well. This is enough to turn me away, but I suppose every server could have email problems. I sure don't think that is a *good* sign though.

Haven't tried calling. Anyone tried that? Just curious.

Old 07-12-2000, 10:41 AM
Junior Guru Wannabe

DellHost had the same problem the other day... no reply and their server was down. Chicken, so it's here you're hiding yourself eh?

Old 07-12-2000, 06:14 PM

I think the support ppl at cobaltrack must have heard you Chicken and are trying to me amends.

I mailed them 24 hrs ago and got two replies to the same question. From two different ppl.

[This message has been edited by Taxibear (edited 07-12-2000).]

Old 07-12-2000, 09:15 PM
Web Hosting Master

Heh Coreace, shhhhhhh, don't tell anyone.

Taxi- very interesting! I know it was a server prob (obviously), and will try to resend the message now.

One question. They say, "Cobalt Racks.com is a Visual Link company", and I wasn't sure if that meant they are owned by Visual Link. I sent an email to them (visual link)and they replied fairly quickly.

Old 07-13-2000, 01:54 PM

Chicken-

Boths replies to my mail came from visuallink.com addresses if that helps you any

T-bear

Old 07-13-2000, 08:21 PM
Web Hosting Master

Heh yup, that clears it up I'd say. I did think it was odd that they mentioned RaQ's when they didn't list any on the visuallink site. I figured as much. Thankx for that info. No current users yet though eh?

PS- Visuallink has some IU cobalt like servers with Intel chips, but I don't think it has a control panel like cobalt's.

Prices for the Intel pizza boxes are similar.

Old 07-16-2000, 11:40 PM
Fred

Maybe the price is low becuase they only offer a few IP's per server, not like Dialtone who ofers a lot more. They have responded to all of my e-mails very quickly, most within a few hours. Maybe they are small. But after dealing with CIShit for the past year I need a breath of fresh air.

Related posts from TheWhir.com
Title Type Date Posted