My BAD BAD experience with Reddrake.net

On May 12, I posted a message in the 'Request for Hosting' Forum saying I am looking for a reseller host who can offer the automation of customer signup/domain check/payment processing.

Afterward, a guy called Brian from Reddrake.net sent me a PM as follow:-

"Hello, if your on our services we can offer you phpmanager free.
    Contact me by visiting our website using live support or, AIM: reddsupport MSN support@msn.com Yahoo: reddrakesup
    Thanks,
    Brian"

I then contact him using their website's Live Support. He said the phpmanager will meet my needs and is only offering to me at no extra cost. Sounds attractive. After checking with him few more things, my last two questions to him is 1) Do you have money back guarantee? He said '15 days' without mentioning the conditions applying to the normal hosting package and the phpmanager. 2) I then asked 'Do you have Fantastico for my account, he said "I believe so".

Fantastico is my another major concern other than the automation script. Since he said "I believe so", I signup and paid the money. He then setup the account for me and installed the phpmanger as well. Up to that moment I was quite satisfied with thier service.

By the end of the setup, he told me that they offer no support to the phpmanager unless I buy it and if I have simple question, I can ask their support.

Afterward, I checked the CPanel and found there is no Fantastico there at all. I then sent their support an email asking this. They reply me with "Fantasico files are everywhere. Addon Scripts has some". What is these! We all know that scripts in the Addon Scripts and Fantastico are not exactly the same. I got a feeling that I was cheated by the guy and he was not honest at all.

OK! I then tried to configure the phpmanager by myself but find it difficult. So I sent them two email again asking thing about it. I got no reply for more than 24 hours.

I ended up sent them another email saying I was not satisfied with their service and not happy being cheated on the Fantastico. I asked for account termination and money back. This time they came back quick saying it's a wrongful termination since there is no bad service on their side and my request is not warranted. He even said that he didn't promised on the Fantastico. I sweared that he replied me as "I believe so".

I was very angry and told him that if he didn't refund me, I will tell the whole story to all the readers in the webhosting fourm.

He came back saying that

"That will be slander and we will sue you",

"Do not try to comitt slander, We will contact our lawyers if you do." and

"Go ahead to the forum, you will just get big fat charges pressed. Our lawyer says your comitting slander. Also blackmail. Big charges. Possible Arrest".

SCARY!

That's the story, Gentlement. I take the risk of being sued and arrested to tell you what happened. Your judement and verdict is not important to me since I am just telling the truth.
    Last edited by futop; 05-14-2003 at 12:24 PM.
      0 Not allowed!

have you gotten the fees back for the first month ?
    To avoid this in the future, do a little search on your host...
    CW3 Web Hosting - Merchant Accounts-Private Label Reseller Plans
    http://cw3host.com and http://home.cyberweb3.net
      0 Not allowed!

Of Course NOT.

one time they claimed that they bought the licence for me and didn't expect me to quit so soon, so other than giving me refurnd, they said I have to paid 40 bucks for licence. The fact is , if they don't cheated me and give good support, of course I won't quit so soon.

Other time they said 40 bucks is for installation charges.

My point is they are not honest and that's worst than bad service.
      0 Not allowed!

A similar application to Fantastico (many of the same scripts in the autoinstaller) has recently changed the way it works and does things from the 'Addon Scripts' screen of cPanel - are you sure you're host didn't mean this and the scripts are actually there on that screen?

Also, I wouldn't worry about your host's threat of legal action... not with a slander case anyway
      0 Not allowed!

The guy didn't said like this.

He just later denied that he had said yes and told me they will have it later, not now.

Honesty & conduct is the point.

p.s. In their AddonScript, they have only

Invision Board

phpnuke

OScommerce

no more....
      0 Not allowed!

Futop, check http://nixt.org/ as they offer it free.
    CW3 Web Hosting - Merchant Accounts-Private Label Reseller Plans
    http://cw3host.com and http://home.cyberweb3.net
      0 Not allowed!

Originally posted by futop
    p.s. In their AddonScript, they have only

Invision Board

phpnuke

OScommerce
    In that case it's unlikely they have the other auotinstaller either.

For the future I'd recommend spending some time researching any host you are interested in by searching this forum and the internet in general (Google, etc).

Also, there's a good thread in this forum somewhere (I think it may be stickied) full of good advice on looking for a good host.

Edit: here ya go: http://www.webhostingtalk.com/showth...hreadid=103096
      0 Not allowed!

Actually, We reddrake said we may have fantastico, we are getting it. We have no No Questions Guarentee. We gave him phpmanager, set it up. Then he didn't like it so he wants a refund on his hosting. He hasn't even submitted one support ticket. He sent a email to support@reddrake.net, We responded. We have not lied. We have been nothing but helpful. Our time zones are different so that may be a little problem. We have Addon Scripts. Yes, thats basic in cPanel.
    We asked him to reconsider, he could have his account. No Hard feelings. Ask any of our other clients. No Problems.
    Thanks,
    Reddrake
      0 Not allowed!

Futop: Seems to me like you all just misunderstood each other...wait out the month...see how the service is...and you may be surprised and end up staying with RedDrake anyway...the rating is good for them so maybe you just had some bad luck with some misunderstandings...
      0 Not allowed!