Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thumbs down turnkeyinternet.net horrible customer services company review

Hello ,

This my story with turnkeyinternet.net horrible customer services company .

Story begins at 28th of November when i see blackfraiday deal 80% off for dual hexa core which they write about it here in WHT offers .

As this is my first time to work with them i talk to sales ( customer services ) in live chat about promo details and server component , when i will receive it .....etc .

Then when i try to make order i see red alert told control panel needs additional fees ( in my situation ) cpanel/whm and they offer it as 29.99$ .

I talk to sales again to ask them about can i order server then order cpanel when charge my card again and this when sales told to me this promo is for limited time .

Anyway i order server only and pay monthly total 211 $ ( 112$ server + 99 $ setup ) , and then they reply to me in this ticket TKI #33197 request my id , card photos and i send to them and accept order and appear my order is pending in my account .

After 3 or 4 hours i need to talk to billing to ask about billing invoice cycle and the maximum time to delay payment as every company have payment terms .

And the surprise sales tell me i am talk soo much and this comapny not good to support to you and this full conversation with sales " Adam "
    ====
    Hello samy,

Thank you for taking the time to chat with us. Below is the complete transcript for your reference:

===
    Billing
    ===

Customer Service has joined the chat.

Customer Service: Unfortunately billing is now closed for the day its after 5 pm

samy: Kindly can i talk to billing

Customer Service: You will need to call 518-618-0999

Customer Service: or reply to any open billing ticket you have for updates

samy: ops

samy: ok are you what the maximum time to delay to pay an inovice

samy: before service close ?

Customer Service: You have connected so many times samy on live chat (!5 times0 to discuss buying this one server, at this point we have lost money just in the cost for support/time to talk with you. Please undersatnd these deals were based on proper procedures

Customer Service: without 15 to 25 inquiries to get the first invoice paid

samy: haaaaaaaaaaaaaahhh ... i already buy it

samy: do not worry

Customer Service: You can pay invoice at https://secure.turnkeyinternet.net

samy: i did not ask you again

Customer Service: you will need to do so online without contacting billing/ support or live chat every time

samy: sir ,,,, kindly i hope to understand it's first time to work with turnkey

samy: and i need to know all terms

Customer Service: if you excessively use support resources on an UN-MANAGED product

samy: so i ask more to know

Customer Service: if you continue to have 25-30 inquiries you will be billed for the time, or we will cancel the order

Customer Service: I honestly think this may not be the right fit for you - and you need to understand this

samy: really strict words ,,, i did not imagine how customer services told to new cilent

samy: new clinets in any place

Customer Service: Unfortunately Samy, its best we be upfront here with you

Customer Service: so you are not unhappy later on

Customer Service: It's better we not deploy this server, and refund you now

Customer Service: and cancel it

Customer Service: BEcasue i can see based on the 25-30+ inquiriest just to get this far, that we are not the right hosting company to assist you best

Customer Service: I sincerely wish we were, but it seems what you need is something we will not be able to provide

Customer Service: We do not want to under perform for cilents, and when clients expect something we can't provide (25, 30, 40? questions a day on live chat, and supporT) its something too much for a 80% off discounted service that you selected "SELF MANAGED" (meaning you aren't paying for supporT)

Customer Service: And we don't want to fail your expectations later on

Customer Service: it would not be good for you, and not good for us either to have an unhappy client who needs this much service and support

Customer Service: so that is why I explain this now to you - it may seem strict, but far better than if you move your web sites/business over and still need such support and we tell you that you must pay for htis level of constant support

samy: if i refund now when my money return to my card ?

Customer Service: 1 moment let me see if i can get this voided fast

samy: ok

Customer Service: At this point its already cleared, we would have to refund - it may take 3 business days to be visible as a refund (your bank will show it likely tomorow, but post it tuesday to you)

Customer Service: Alternatively

Customer Service: you can either

Customer Service: A) Agree you will not contact our support repeatedly 30+ times a day

Customer Service: or

Customer Service: B) pay for managed services ($49/mo includes gold management) and up to 5 hours of support a month

Customer Service: I feel you are going to need a lot more support based on the # of hours you have tied up our billing and sales team so far, and can believe you will need many hours of support next on our support team

Customer Service: And we don't want to fall short of your needs, if you need that level of support it has to be paid for

Customer Service: or you need to not require our support, the choice will be yours

Customer Service: We can refund and cancel the order

Customer Service: Or you can pick from those options regarding support

samy: no refund my money and cancel my order

samy: and i hope to fast refund

Customer Service: Understood, we will refund you right away and provide a transaction number, your bank should be able to verify within 1 day and likely up to 3 days (3 business days) before its back in your account if its a prepaid card

Customer Service: Thank you Samy, and we do hope you find the right hosting company to meet your needs out there, we understand not every company is the right fit for everyone. And we do our best to help you identify that before you may make a bad choice long term.

Customer Service: Best regards, and warmest regards

Customer Service: Good bye

samy: when send me details ?

Customer Service: Thank yuo Samy, an email with the details of the refund will arrive within 15 minutes

Customer Service: good bye samy, and I'm very sorry we aren't the right hosting company for you

Disconnected by the visitor. Chat session has ended.
    === =========================******=============

After this conversation i try to enter my account to get any refund invoice and my account DELETE and i try to reset account password if i can not remeber it and enter my email then appear you email not have account .

Then i receive email from them with refund Transaction #: 65133750 with 211$ .

And for now Monday i did not received any money in my card and the payment transaction is cut off from my card statement and i can not get my money again as i write this review .
    I write complain to BBB as they have certify with them to return my money back and see also very very very horrible customer services

The customer service representative said "it may take 3 business days to be visible as a refund" which is normal procedure for a credit card refund.

Today is the first business day since your refund was processed, yet you are complaining already.

You could call your credit card company to confirm if the refund is being processed as they will be able to see pending transactions on your account, but this may not be visible on your account for a couple of days.

Also keep in mind it was a holiday weekend Thursday and Friday, Today would be the first business day.
    Respectfully,
    Mr. Terrence

Quote Originally Posted by Chris-M View Post
    The customer service representative said "it may take 3 business days to be visible as a refund" which is normal procedure for a credit card refund.

Today is the first business day since your refund was processed, yet you are complaining already.

You could call your credit card company to confirm if the refund is being processed as they will be able to see pending transactions on your account, but this may not be visible on your account for a couple of days.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr Terrence View Post
    Also keep in mind it was a holiday weekend Thursday and Friday, Today would be the first business day.
    Thanks of help me with more information about refund process ... but i also talk how they not respect their customers and what the bad words they can talk ,,, Honestly there are not friendly support ever ... and how delete my account to deny me to take backup from invoices and my payment .
    Really very disappointed from customer services .

Hello,
    I think they were very honest with you, and actually 30+ inquiries i believe it's too exaggerated, in any case he offered you an alternative of hiring support service, I don't think he did something wrong.
    of course, it is what I think...

I think that TKI Customer Service is in the right here. For an unmanaged service, you seem to pester their live chat quite often, which takes their attention away from customers that pay for managed service. I get it that your server is not instantly online, but it does say that orders are subject to billing department review, so it could have still been in the order queue, as well it was a holiday weekend. If I were a Billing operator for TKI, I would say it looks like you're in a hurry, which most companies might flag as potentially undesirable. What's your hurry?

Quote Originally Posted by gnsw View Post
    Hello,
    I think they were very honest with you, and actually 30+ inquiries i believe it's too exaggerated, in any case he offered you an alternative of hiring support service, I don't think he did something wrong.
    of course, it is what I think...
    Quote Originally Posted by zacharooni View Post
    I think that TKI Customer Service is in the right here. For an unmanaged service, you seem to pester their live chat quite often, which takes their attention away from customers that pay for managed service. I get it that your server is not instantly online, but it does say that orders are subject to billing department review, so it could have still been in the order queue, as well it was a holiday weekend. If I were a Billing operator for TKI, I would say it looks like you're in a hurry, which most companies might flag as potentially undesirable. What's your hurry?
    OK thanks .. and first it's not 30+ inquirer and if they recheck my live chat they will not more 5 time .... really i did not know where they come with 30 time and when you told unmanaged server then mean not help me in config my server software ( mysql + apach + firewall ..... ) but when i ask about billing cycle and how can pay payment method etc and sales reply to me with him reply i do not found this in any DCS i work them in last 8 years ago
    and all of them are very friendly and very polite even if i talk more and more without any strict word .

Anyway it's my wrong to move to low price services

I think that TKI Customer Service is in the right here. For an unmanaged service, you seem to pester their live chat quite often
    I disagree. The customer was looking for billing assistance, not support, which has absolutely nothing to do with their server being managed or not. Since when are limitations placed on how often you can contact billing or sales? Do TKI want the potential income or not?

Back to the issue; the customer was evidently in a hurry because the account wasn't activated, likely pending anti fraud checks on their ID and card etc, and because there was a time sensitive promotion going on the customer seemed a little eager to ensure they didn't miss it. This seems blatantly obvious. Again, I don't see any problems here at all. It's likely pretty clear to anyone who has read this thread that there's a potential language barrier. Perhaps the customer didn't understand the delay? Who knows what they discussed in the previous chats?

TKI then assumed that the customer contacting them 5 times (TKI's statement/admission) would mean they're going to be a support pest, and decided they didn't want to do business with them. That's completely their prerogative, of course, but to jump from the customer contacting them 5 times to making assumptions and voicing concerns that the customer would contact them "25" or "30" times is plain ridiculous.

If I were a Billing operator for TKI, I would say it looks like you're in a hurry, which most companies might flag as potentially undesirable. What's your hurry?
    Thank god you're not a billing operator! The hurry may have something to do with the black friday sales, isn't that obvious? Why would that make them potentially undesirable?

JackAllTrades .. thanks Finally someone understand my situation and this what happen really after i speak to sales and he told to me this promo is limited and make me hurry to make payment to catch the promo before it finish .

I would think that the promotion would still be valid if he placed the order for his server within the timeframe the promotion was active, not the time at which he paid. Though I could be wrong, as that kind of policy may vary from company to company. Billing live chat or not, it would still take time to deal with the multiple chats, regardless of the department.

I can understand wanting to catch the BF/CM sales, but if they didn't honor a server order as being placed when I placed the order, not when I paid for it (thought I would likely pay for it the same day), then I would probably be a little heated and cancel my order too.

zacharooni ... sales told to me the promo is limited numbers from server if it's finish today then promo finish and if there is some of server not ordered it will still till Monday

I don't see how the host has "very very very horrible customer services", but I do see the OP being a nagging customer.
    I choose not to use my signature for advertising.

It doesn't matter how much you claim how important your data is. If it's not backed up, it's not important.

Quote Originally Posted by alucasa View Post
    I don't see how the host has "very very very horrible customer services", but I do see the OP being a nagging customer.
    Thanks for ur opinion and when you put in my situation you will do more ,,, as i did not face this situation from more than 8 years with dedicated server DCS .

I would think that the promotion would still be valid if he placed the order for his server within the timeframe the promotion was active, not the time at which he paid. Though I could be wrong, as that kind of policy may vary from company to company.
    Usually in my experience it's the time the order was paid for. Otherwise you tend to find people ordering things, keeping them "Pending" for days (or even weeks) until they finally get around to paying for them, which can artificially extend promotion durations as a "workaround".

I don't think it's unreasonable for a customer to be concerned that if their order isn't approved and marked as active within the promotional period, that they may be worried it would not be honored and would want to get in touch, perhaps even multiple times. This is especially true for time sensitive or limited stock options.

Billing live chat or not, it would still take time to deal with the multiple chats, regardless of the department.
    I'm not debating the time involved here, because that's obvious - everything takes time. I was refuting your original point in that billing/sales chat is not the same as requesting support. The service (managed or unmanaged) is irrelevant when it comes to billing or sales enquiries. To imply an unmanaged product should mean the customer should not be contacting billing or sales (5 times) is illogical, at least to me. That's not the point of the managed vs unmanaged distinction.

I'm sure there are plenty of other companies who would've been more than happy to get a customer sign up and spend $200+ with them, and not give them a hint of attitude about how many times they got in touch regarding their order. Again, it's TKI's prerogative if they wish to take on a customer or not, but in this case I think they were being unreasonable and making wild assumptions. Just my opinion of course. What I will say is that the rep was relatively polite throughout, so they have that going for them

I can understand wanting to catch the BF/CM sales, but if they didn't honor a server order as being placed when I placed the order, not when I paid for it (thought I would likely pay for it the same day), then I would probably be a little heated and cancel my order too.
    Absolutely, though that's a different discussion I guess =)

Just claim your refund and get a different provider. You're lucky that they're offering you a refund. Don't try to deal with this provider anymore.

Hi Sammy, I appreciate the frank comments and feedback, and while it does pain me to hear we may have fallen short of expectations, it is very helpful so that we can improve on areas to ensure our goals of providing the absolute best quality network, online service and customer experience.

You were refunded within 2 hours of your payment being completed, and were provided the transaction ID's of such refund in live chat and email immediately as you requested.

11/28/2014 Credit Card (Visa/MC/Amex/Disc) xxxx6513xxxxxx (blanked out for security) $-211.00 USD

This was emailed to you with the transaction ID as well, and we even spoke with you to let you know that your bank may take several business days to reflect it since it was an international debit card. But it was processed within 2 hours of your signup and after we presented you with the option (you choose to cancel and get a refund at that point).

After 35 support and sales tickets (and live chats) spanning a 2 day period regarding your server we presented you with the option of a full refund, or the option to pay for a managed service plan - it was based on a number of factors related to the 35 different support, billing and sales questions, inquiries and the way in which you interacted with our customer service team prior before management had made that decision for you. For privacy reasons I can not post all 35 live chat/support tickets (and the multiple thread/reply follow ups in each) - but rest assured we don't make decisions to decline to service clients lightly, we are after all in the business of providing service.

Your refund was issued on the 28th of November, if you have any issues receiving it from your bank please feel free to contact us at 518-618-0999. I sincerely hope you find the right hosting company to work with, I regret TurnKey was not going to be a good fit based on the dialogue, questions and specifics of your interactions with our team - but I am certain there is the right fit out there for you.

Best Regards.
    Colohouse | P: 877-539-4638 | E: hello@colohouse.com
    Dedicated Servers | Cloud VPS | Colocation | Web Hosting | Public & Private Cloud | IaaS & DRaaS
    Data Centers: New York | Chicago | Miami | Colorado | California | Amsterdam

How many sales tickets, support tickets, and sales chats exactly? Please break it down (per area) for those interested. Shouldn't be any privacy reasons with doing so =)

Quote Originally Posted by turnkeyinternet View Post
    Hi Sammy, I appreciate the frank comments and feedback, and while it does pain me to hear we may have fallen short of expectations, it is very helpful so that we can improve on areas to ensure our goals of providing the absolute best quality network, online service and customer experience.

You were refunded within 2 hours of your payment being completed, and were provided the transaction ID's of such refund in live chat and email immediately as you requested.

11/28/2014 Credit Card (Visa/MC/Amex/Disc) xxxx6513xxxxxx (blanked out for security) $-211.00 USD

This was emailed to you with the transaction ID as well, and we even spoke with you to let you know that your bank may take several business days to reflect it since it was an international debit card. But it was processed within 2 hours of your signup and after we presented you with the option (you choose to cancel and get a refund at that point).

After 35 support and sales tickets (and live chats) spanning a 2 day period regarding your server we presented you with the option of a full refund, or the option to pay for a managed service plan - it was based on a number of factors related to the 35 different support, billing and sales questions, inquiries and the way in which you interacted with our customer service team prior before management had made that decision for you. For privacy reasons I can not post all 35 live chat/support tickets (and the multiple thread/reply follow ups in each) - but rest assured we don't make decisions to decline to service clients lightly, we are after all in the business of providing service.

Your refund was issued on the 28th of November, if you have any issues receiving it from your bank please feel free to contact us at 518-618-0999[IMG]resource://skype_ff_extension-at-jetpack/skype_ff_extension/data/call_skype_logo.png[/IMG]518-618-0999[IMG]resource://skype_ff_extension-at-jetpack/skype_ff_extension/data/call_skype_logo.png[/IMG]518-618-0999. I sincerely hope you find the right hosting company to work with, I regret TurnKey was not going to be a good fit based on the dialogue, questions and specifics of your interactions with our team - but I am certain there is the right fit out there for you.

Best Regards.
    Thanks for reply ...

I dare you if i open more than 10 tickets ... only one or two ticket ... and another talking in live chat and if you recheck them again you will see all question about billing and payment cycle not for support or managed server plans ... really i talk to more DCS in last years and never see sales chat Annoyed from clients question

anyway till today nothing in my card statement refund
    Call
    Send SMS
    Add to Skype
    You'll need Skype CreditFree via Skype

Refunds back to your card may take up to 3 or 5 business days to appear on your statement and balance. This isn't TKI's fault, but is usually a delay with the payment processors and your card provider.

Give it a week before complaining the refund hasn't shown up yet =)

Well, it took him only 1 day to go full-rage mode.

Turnkeyinternet is right to let him go. This kind of customer is always a pain in butt to take care of.
    I choose not to use my signature for advertising.

It doesn't matter how much you claim how important your data is. If it's not backed up, it's not important.

Quote Originally Posted by JackAllTrades View Post
    Refunds back to your card may take up to 3 or 5 business days to appear on your statement and balance. This isn't TKI's fault, but is usually a delay with the payment processors and your card provider.

Give it a week before complaining the refund hasn't shown up yet =)
    thanks for advice me ... i will wait till end to this week and then reply with what happen

Quote Originally Posted by alucasa View Post
    Well, it took him only 1 day to go full-rage mode.

Turnkeyinternet is right to let him go. This kind of customer is always a pain in butt to take care of.
    Yes if you have business and every min important to you i must be angry from every min go away without benefit ... that's which make me reach to be have income more than 2k monthly

I think otherwise. I have most of my sites hosted with Turnkey Internet (reseller, vps), and every time I open up a ticket or chat with them, I get awesome support. Especially from a guy named Joe.

*Client of 2yrs.

Quote Originally Posted by ma3hd View Post
    thanks for advice me ... i will wait till end to this week and then reply with what happen
    No problem! I'm sure the refund will go through just fine.

Quote Originally Posted by GlobalNH Xinen View Post
    I think otherwise. I have most of my sites hosted with Turnkey Internet (reseller, vps), and every time I open up a ticket or chat with them, I get awesome support. Especially from a guy named Joe.
    Maybe ,,,, but who i talk to him names " Adam "

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast