Auction Options an idea?

A lot of peeps have auctions here on WHT. But due to geograpical diversity of the visitors it's hard to have a stop-time.

For example: Iam bidding on a domain for sale. I have the highest bid, but when i go to bed and wake up, the auction has ended and someone else won..
    Okay so you can bid your highest bid inmidiatelly, but that's not the deal of an auction imho.

Is it maybe possible to add an auction feature? The e-bay kinda thing.

Topicstarter fills in minimum ammount of money, startprice, increaseammount, time etc.
    Visitors of the auction can bid and see the time left and maybe even have a max bid, so when someone overbids you, your overbid till your max bid.

It's prob 2 mutch work etc, but i just wanted to propose it

(note: lots of peeps don't wanne use ebay for different reasons)
      0 Not allowed!

Re: Auction Options an idea?

Originally posted by ic3d
    . . . . .

It's prob 2 mutch work etc. . . .
    Yes it is.

I don't see it happening.
    There is no best host. There is only the host that's best for you.
      0 Not allowed!

. . . at what point such a thing would be stepping on someone's toes here and violating a TOS. I have no intention of doing that intentionally. <<Mod Note>>Perhaps there would be a clue in the Rules.
    Last edited by SoftWareRevue; 05-14-2003 at 09:01 PM.
      0 Not allowed!

Ouch! Looks like even the discussion of such a thing was stepping on a toe or two. Sorry mods. The guy asked a question and I tried to help with an offer to do what he wanted. But I guess it being a solution external to this site makes the discussion a violation of the rules, eh? Or was it the example link to my own site that did it?

Sorry, regardless. I'll try to pay more attention to the rules.
      0 Not allowed!

Did you read the email that was sent to you?
      0 Not allowed!

Well, yeah, I think so. But darned if I can find it now. I believe it just said something like "Hey Bozo! You violated the rules and the next time you may get booted off of this site! Here's the rules:"... And then there was a link to them rules. Anyway I THINK it was something like that, anyway. But in any event, I got your response about how to continue on with this auction idea, if I decide to pursue it, and how to avoid running afoul of the rules again, and I thank you.

But darn, it is embarrassing for a webmaster on other message boards (me!) whom gets chagrinned at constantly reminding HIS posters to read the rules to get slapped around himself for doing the same danged thing here...
      0 Not allowed!

Is it possible my posts get deleted here sometimes? I already posted 2 or 3 times and i see them for about the whole day and the next day they're gone.. (this thread only)
      0 Not allowed!

Originally posted by ic3d
    Is it possible my posts get deleted here sometimes? . . . . . .
    Seems you had one that was in direct response to Rich Z's posts that were removed.
      0 Not allowed!

Okay sorry
      0 Not allowed!

Thumbs down

Well I guess I answered the original question. No one WANTS an auction here, I guess.

I wondered why so many web hosting/auction names were reserved, but defunct.

Hopefully this thread will stay here so someone else won't waste their time and money doing one sometime in the future.

Oh well. Live and learn....
      0 Not allowed!

Originally posted by Rich Z
    . . . . . Live and learn....
    Well, some have trouble with that 'learnin' bit. Thread locked.
      0 Not allowed!