hosted by liquidweb

Go Back   Web Hosting Talk : Web Hosting Main Forums : Ecommerce Hosting & Discussion : PlanetPayment???

Forum Jump

PlanetPayment???

Reply Post New Thread In Ecommerce Hosting & Discussion Subscription

Send news tip View All Posts Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 05-13-2003, 04:21 PM
WHT Addict

PlanetPayment???

Hi,

anyone had any luck reaching PlanetPayment?

I have tried to get a merchant account with them but they only seem to be an answering machine company. They won't respond to emails, they don't answer the phone, tried both a toll free from their website, and the other one. Plus phoned to Planet Group and got another number to try but that went to some private person that was not a Planet Payment staff.

Since I'm not located in US it seemed like a good idea to sign up with them, but guess I have to stick with Revecom

-Nordic

Sponsored Links
Old 05-13-2003, 07:25 PM
ex-Aussie

I don't recommend them. We have/had an account with them and even after becoming a paying merchant with them their support didn't improve. I'm not sure I've heard from anyone who's thought highly of their service.

WorldPay maybe?

Greg Moore

Old 05-14-2003, 04:35 AM
WHT Addict

Yes, I just wanted to hear if anyone had any success with them but I guess no one has, wonder they are still there.

Anyway, tried with worldpay but after almost two years with constantly sending new agreements to them I gave up.

So I guess Revecom will continue to be my choice

-Nordic

Sponsored Links
Old 07-11-2003, 09:48 AM
Disabled

I have been trying to get a hold of someone over at Planet Payment with some pre-sales questions but it is impossible! Does this company actually exist?

I called them up and the answer machine told me to direct all questions via email but they do not answer their email either.

Anyone know setup time on a Planet Payment account? Better still does anyone have the telephone number for their London office!

Last edited by Fairlight; 07-11-2003 at 10:40 AM.
Old 07-11-2003, 11:58 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Fairlight
I have been trying to get a hold of someone over at Planet Payment with some pre-sales questions but it is impossible! Does this company actually exist?

I called them up and the answer machine told me to direct all questions via email but they do not answer their email either.

Anyone know setup time on a Planet Payment account? Better still does anyone have the telephone number for their London office!

If you are having such difficult times now, why bother?

Old 07-11-2003, 12:23 PM
Junior Guru

for hosting i heard e-onlinedata.com was good. i also heard wellsfargo is good, and merchantesolutions.com which is partnered with verisign.

whats better authorizenet.com OR verisign.com?

Old 07-11-2003, 01:41 PM
ex-Aussie

If he's looking at Planet Payment he's probably outside the US so authorize.net is out of the running, as is verisign I believe.

Old 01-07-2004, 10:48 AM
Junior Guru Wannabe

PlanetPayment must be one of the worst companies in the world. I've tried to reach them via mail serveral times within 6 months without any answer at all.

I'm using ModerBill and PaySystems and I really need a gateway that supports recurring/batching transactions with ModernBill! I would prefer Authorize.net, but as I live in Sweden I can't get an account from them.

PaySystems is quite good if you donít need this, but they havenít answered my e-mail regarding a non valid chargeback from a customer. It was one month agoÖ Iíve send them a few reminders, but still no answer!

Best Regards,
Henrik Lundin

Last edited by COH_Henrik; 01-07-2004 at 11:08 AM.

Related posts from TheWhir.com
Title Type Date Posted