.host domain names?

I recently noticed they started offering .host domain names. Do you think its worth buying the interesting names to sell em off later? Any clue about the impact of a decent .host domain name in terms of SEO?

Thanks.
      0 Not allowed!

I don't think here is any benefits of .host name i terms of SEO because SEO mainly depends on site's quality content, authority and quality backlinks. I think they mainly for hosting sites. Just my opinion....
      0 Not allowed!

Re: .host domain names

Quote Originally Posted by sw0rdy View Post
    I recently noticed they started offering .host domain names. Do you think its worth buying the interesting names to sell em off later? Any clue about the impact of a decent .host domain name in terms of SEO?

Thanks.
    No. There will be no SEO benefits for .host domain but you will get branding benefits for sure. If you are doing hosting business then it's worth to have a .host domain.
      0 Not allowed!

To me, these new TLDs will cause confusion to a lot of users. Because they are already too used to the .com or .net Tld.

So example if you tell someone your company website is Website.Host, they will thought that your company website is Websitehost.com

In that case, your customer will be going to a different company, which is losing a sale.
      1 Not allowed!

The new TLDs are crap.

I use in futhur the old TLDs.
      0 Not allowed!

There are so many ridiculous extensions nowadays that I don't see what added value .host has. As someone mentioned earlier, it just causes confusion, since what many users will end up doing is just putting www.yourbusinessname.host.com on it anyways :-)
      0 Not allowed!

Thanks.
    branding benefit only
      0 Not allowed!

Some web browser don't even recognize those new extension, so you have to put http or www in front of your domain or it will be redirected to a google search page.
      0 Not allowed!

Interesting names is not the basis but on how the site established with authority backlinks and decent traffic from the targeted audience.
      0 Not allowed!

Well, I think that if you will be able to register really catchy name like for example web.host? You can count on quite a large sum of money gained from the auction of such domain name. If we are talking about SEO, as was mentioned earlier by my colleague above, it doesn't matter, because fresh domain, although with catchy name, at the beginning has no SEO authority.
      0 Not allowed!

Nobody knows what will happen in the future with those TLD...

And SEO is about content, CTR, backlinks.. not about domain name extensions.
      0 Not allowed!

Google still benefits EMT ("exact match domains") but very VERY slightly. The new TLDs are not worth the spend.

PS. I personally think the new TDLs just a new way regitrars want to make some money out of us....
      0 Not allowed!

I wouldn't spend a penny on a .host domain name.
      0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by gingir View Post
    i agree, .com is what you want all others is a joke
      0 Not allowed!

Good names have run out in traditional TLDs. New domain extensions are the only way to not only get a catchy brand name but also show your audience what your website is about. Although there may not be a direct benefit with respect to SEO, but it definitely can have good impact on branding. My personal opinion is that for companies, .com is a must, but they can choose .host for redirection or for displaying their showcase or to setup nameservers / hostnames for their servers.
      0 Not allowed!

All new TLD's are crap. Not only do they confuse people but they don't work. People don't remember them and they add nothing to branding either. In terms of SEO, nothing either.

So far, no new TLD's in the past delivered what they promised. .Tel failure, .mobi failure, .name failure, you get the idea.

The new TLD's will be remembered just like any other new domain names launched in the past, this means eventually nobody is going to use them. Most users are not going to even renew them or even launch a website on them.

This was just a way to squeeze more money out of companies that need to protect their brands and names. The ICANN blew it big time and most Internet companies where against the approval of even more new confusing names for Internet users.

It just increases costs and adds nothing of value since most brands are still .com and so people will always prefer them. Stick to the top names, .com, .org and .net, even .info is way better than any of this new names. Not even .eu had absolutely any success at all... And those names where launched years ago, all of them are a completely total failure in terms of market reach.

I would say that using a local country TLD would be more successful for local business than using some of this new crappy names. Not only most of them are longer (more than 3 letters) but unless a huge company uses them and start to brand their domain name, you will not gain anything in terms of brand.

Just my personal opinion since its not the first time and it will not be the last time new domains are launched which sound cool.
      0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Shinjiru Technology View Post
    Good names have run out in traditional TLDs. New domain extensions are the only way to not only get a catchy brand name but also show your audience what your website is about. Although there may not be a direct benefit with respect to SEO, but it definitely can have good impact on branding. My personal opinion is that for companies, .com is a must, but they can choose .host for redirection or for displaying their showcase or to setup nameservers / hostnames for their servers.

that's more correct way of doing it, main company should always be .com then an shorten name (redirect)
      0 Not allowed!

.host domain is not available on many domain registerar and it will not get benefit on Seo also
      0 Not allowed!

I checked a one word premium domain in .host .. hey, it's available! For only $1,200. Every. Single. Year.

That's the game I guess w. these new TLDs .. try and get premium customers to renew at insanely expensive rates.

Regular domain names in .host look like they're expensive too, costing anywhere from $90 - $110 annually.
      0 Not allowed!

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by gingir View Post
    I dont agree. If you want an easy short domain name .host could be your solution. Ok 2014 not so many people are used to new TLDs but that will change
      0 Not allowed!

If you have a brand to protect, it's very important to book the domains. It'll also increase the value of your business brand.
      0 Not allowed!

this will grow slowly but become very used eventually. more in certain business areas than others
      0 Not allowed!

24. Well as per Matt Cutts New TLD's wont favor in terms of SEO.

Read Matt cutts answer.
    https://plus.google.com/+MattCutts/posts/4VaWg4TMM5F
      0 Not allowed!