Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Volumedrive do they still exist ?

I know about Volumedrive (the story) and I thought I would try something not important for dev purposes.

They provided the server even though no communication on their end at all ...but yes they provided wrong OS.
    I am trying to contact them for 2-3 days now with no luck.

So I am guessing they have become more crap than they used to be.

Any attempt to contact support probably goes to >dev/null
    Your Hosting Partner of Choice
    ...everything stored in NVMe
      0 Not allowed!

Why would you go with them if you already know the story?
      0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by PascM View Post
    I thought I could try something not important for dev purposes.
    For that reason, that means no big deal but maybe we should help others, that's why I made that post
      0 Not allowed!

You took risk for matching budget?
    LankaPartnerHost.Com
    Canada Anti DDOS Webhosting, Reseller Hosting, WHMsonic, WHMsonic Resellers
      0 Not allowed!

For that and mainly yes.
      0 Not allowed!

So what OS did you order and what OS did you get...?
    Hosting And Designs L.L.C. Online Since 2002 --> https://www.hostinganddesigns.com
    Direct sales rep: Lars Jensen 503-999-7518
      0 Not allowed!

I'm surprised anyone who knows the stories, would ever order from them.
      0 Not allowed!

Moved from Outages.
      0 Not allowed!

I stopped using VD sometime ago there are plenty of other company's to use for test server like OVH or even delimitervps.com I think they have one for $20 a month.
    TGM - VOIP Reseller and Provider
    TGM- Your Total Gaming Solution
    www.thegamemonsters.com
      1 Not allowed!

Try the quadix.co contact info. Same company as VD.
      0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Techno View Post
    Try the quadix.co contact info. Same company as VD.
    I just tried calling them, no answer. I have two tickets waiting to be resolved. They're going to get one hell of a sh*tty review if these basic requirements aren't held up on their end.
    highavailability.io ██████ ███ ██ █ █
    High Availability WordPress Hosting
      0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by xlightwaverx View Post
    I just tried calling them, no answer. I have two tickets waiting to be resolved. They're going to get one hell of a sh*tty review if these basic requirements aren't held up on their end.
    You'll be posting in a long line of ****** reviews. You went in as an educated customer so you can't be surprised by what you've received from them.

We recently ordered one of their (well, via their quad brand) dual proc servers at a ridiculously cheap price. We knew going in to it that it would likely be a cluster and we'd just hope we'd never need support. It took a while to get provisioned and had some configuration issues out of the box (sound familiar?) but again, we knew the risk going in to it.

Hope you get things sorted out.

Sirius
    I support the Human Rights Campaign!
    Moving to the Tampa, Florida area? Check out life in the suburbs in Trinity, Florida.
      0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by sirius View Post
    You'll be posting in a long line of ****** reviews. You went in as an educated customer so you can't be surprised by what you've received from them.

We recently ordered one of their (well, via their quad brand) dual proc servers at a ridiculously cheap price. We knew going in to it that it would likely be a cluster and we'd just hope we'd never need support. It took a while to get provisioned and had some configuration issues out of the box (sound familiar?) but again, we knew the risk going in to it.

Sirius
    Just called again and left a message. I am trying to find a decent DC for some US hosting purposes as I am only in Europe as of now. That Xeon Box should benchmark a little under 11k, but I can barely get over 1000.

This is what I had in my ticket

Code:
    System Benchmarks Index Score 1110.1

I would expect scores close to http://cpubenchmark.net/cpu.php?cpu=Intel+Xeon+X5650+%40+2.67GHz&id=1304&cpuCount=2 if not more considering the machine is in RAID 10 w/SSDs. (No, it wasn't syncing)
    I asked over the phone on a previous call about the minium throughput on their port, and the tech said it would be the full gigabit and he rambled on about the quality of their uplinks, etc. I was excited while I was on the phone, but I can't get anything over 30MB/second to East Coast test files. I have 12 cores with the same drive setup, and I bench 7x this for the other shared hosting servers (http://www.webhostingtalk.com/showpo...postcount=596m), and I at least get a 100MB/second from those boxes. I would expect at least something close to that, that's all.

Or at least answer the phone and lie to me. Do something.

Edit: Oh, and I was prepping the box for a Cpanel install, doing all the yum groupremove "package" stuff. Got everything cleaned up, did a yum update, and it updated the kernel. Did a reboot to finalize everything, and the box hasn't been up since the reboot. Maybe for that price you're not suppose to turn them off?
    Last edited by highavailability-io; 11-18-2014 at 10:25 PM.
      0 Not allowed!

Just called again and left a message. I am trying to find a decent DC for some US hosting purposes as I am only in Europe as of now.
    You picked the wrong horse for anything production wise. There are some great US hosts to pick from, check out the dedicated offers forum.

My recommendation would be ReliableSite or HiVelocity.

Sirius
    I support the Human Rights Campaign!
    Moving to the Tampa, Florida area? Check out life in the suburbs in Trinity, Florida.
      0 Not allowed!

You picked the wrong horse for anything production wise. There are some great US hosts to pick from, check out the dedicated offers forum.

My recommendation would be ReliableSite or HiVelocity.

Sirius
    Yeah, I am hoping I can get my money back. I'm hoping they don't make up some excuse to keep it. If you are going to sell me a 24 core on a gigabit connection then at least sell me a box that benches that much, and a connection that somewhat comes close. OpenVZ nodes can out perform that 24 core, lol.
      0 Not allowed!

My recommendation would be ReliableSite
    Thanks for the recommendation
    ReliableSite.Net LLC - Offering Enterprise Grade Dedicated Servers Since 2006 [New York City metro / Miami, FL / Los Angeles, CA]
    Customers are our #1 priority - Read Our Reviews
    Need epic pricing on 1G and 10G unmetered? We have amazing deals and a 10 minute setup time! Click here to view incredible deals.
      0 Not allowed!

Yeah, I am hoping I can get my money back. I'm hoping they don't make up some excuse to keep it. If you are going to sell me a 24 core on a gigabit connection then at least sell me a box that benches that much, and a connection that somewhat comes close. OpenVZ nodes can out perform that 24 core, lol.
    Come on.
    You bought what YOU bought.
    You knew the EXACT specs before sending the money.

Don't complain because of your mistake.

Also, please explain how some cheap OpenVZ VPS can some how be better than a PHYSICAL Dual Xeon X5650, 42GB RAM, 1TB SATA3 7.2K RPM.
    And are you saying that your machine isn't hitting 1Gbps? If you are, then this is a troll thread. Expecting a $47/month server to give you unfettered 1Gbps capacity?

Does.Not.Compute.

Even I've got 2 machines at quadix because they are so ridiculously cheap.
    Yes, BOTH separate times I had issues with just getting the machines provisioned as per the order form - but I already knew what to expect in terms of the actual service quality.

The hard drives ALL test out to be normal performance for SATA3, the network is fast, etc.
    Last edited by ItsChrisG; 11-19-2014 at 12:31 AM.
    EasyDCIM.com - DataCenter Infrastructure Management - HELLO DEDICATED SERVER & COLO PROVIDERS! - Reach Me: chris@easydcim.com
    Bandwidth Billing | Inventory & Asset Management | Server Control
    Order Forms | Reboots | IPMI Control | IP Management | Reverse&Forward DNS | Rack Management
      0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by ItsChrisG View Post
    Come on.
    You bought what YOU bought.
    You knew the EXACT specs before sending the money.

Don't complain because of your mistake.
    Yeah, it's not a mistake. Actually you get to choose the specs when you purchase it through them, that's the cool part, thanks for pointing that out.

Also, please explain how some cheap OpenVZ VPS can some how be better than a PHYSICAL Dual Xeon X5650, 42GB RAM, 1TB SATA3 7.2K RPM.
    I ran a benchmark, how else would I come up with that? But since I'm overly honest, I am quite sure now that I must have have ran it incorrectly as I didn't do 24 cores simultaneously. I will have to redo it if they can get the box online. It's been almost 7 hours, just called support again, and still no answer.

And are you saying that your machine isn't hitting 1Gbps? If you are, then this is a troll thread. Expecting a $47/month server to give you unfettered 1Gbps capacity?
    No, I didn't expect it at all. I'm only going by what the tech on the phone told me when I asked what the guaranteed bandwidth was. He took a second, and then said a full gigabit. I gasped and said "yah right", as I didn't believe him. He then started talking about 10gb uplinks and how good the network is. I believed him.

Does.Not.Compute.
    Try reading.

Even I've got 2 machines at quadix because they are so ridiculously cheap.
    Yes, BOTH separate times I had issues with just getting the machines provisioned as per the order form - but I already knew what to expect in terms of the actual service quality.

The hard drives ALL test out to be normal performance for SATA3, the network is fast, etc.
    I didn't get a $47 box sir. And my box was provisioned longer than usual but they told me that they were waiting on an order of RAID cards so that was not the issue. And again, if you read, I have 4 SSDs in RAID 10, so I am not sure where you get the SATA3 from. Benchmarks are benchmarks, and the processor should process instructions at the rate it was designed for, especially with SSDs (though this might not be a viable now). And when you reboot a server, it should actually reboot. Not sit dead for... what... almost 7 hours now? I think that goes along with their SLA. Their DRAC setup, where you can actually log in to work on your box, did not work from the initial email that the server was ready.

I'm not sure why some people have attitude problems. If I don't get my money back, then I don't get it back. But when you pay for something, you rightfully, should get at least "close" to what you pay for. That's how we do things around here.

There ya have it. Both tickets, one dealing with DRAC not working out of the box, "no route to host," and one ticket, dealing with benchmarking and port speed issues are both open, after about 6 hours. Granted the benchmark was most likely done incorrectly, the box is still out of commission, I have no DRAC, the tech on the phone when I originally called said someone is always here. I believed him.

Sorry if this sounds like a hate thread, but I paid these guys a lot of money for this box, in hopes of getting what I paid for, that's all. I can deal with a 200Mb connection, but if you tell me Gigabit, I'm going to believe you. I'm assuming people are honest I guess if you get them one on one on the phone.
      0 Not allowed!

Urban legend has it, that no one talks about such companies.

Those that do...disappears

Their files disappears and Support disappears

Their curse will hunt you down
      0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by 48-14 View Post

Urban legend has it, that no one talks about such companies.

Those that do...disappears

Their files disappears and Support disappears

Their curse will hunt you down
    Guess they are gone.
    Still no reply to tickets.
      0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by PascM View Post
    I know about Volumedrive (the story) and I thought I would try something not important for dev purposes.

They provided the server even though no communication on their end at all ...but yes they provided wrong OS.
    I am trying to contact them for 2-3 days now with no luck. >dev/null
    Yes, very much here. We responded to your OS reload request just the other day and let you know that it was being processed. If you need further assistance, feel free to call or open a support ticket via your client portal.
      0 Not allowed!

finally they show up
      0 Not allowed!

That Xeon Box should benchmark a little under 11k, but I can barely get over 1000.

This is what I had in my ticket

Code:
    System Benchmarks Index Score 1110.1

I would expect scores close to http://cpubenchmark.net/cpu.php?cpu=Intel+Xeon+X5650+%40+2.67GHz&id=1304&cpuCount=2 if not more considering the machine is in RAID 10 w/SSDs. (No, it wasn't syncing)

We specifically built this machine just last night for benchmark purposes due to the impressive specs and saw over 500 M/s on a I/O test with your dual 250GB SSD drives in hardware raid 10 and yes.. you should certainly be seeing over 11000+ on the CPu benchmark score. These are physically dedicated X5650 CPUs. Please make sure HT is enabled.

Also you have full remote DRAC access to troubleshoot the server via remote console if you did not see it return after a reboot.

Please supply your ticket number and we'll make sure any post setup issues you have are worked out and quickly addressed.
      0 Not allowed!

Sirius
    Sirius, how is everything performing currently?
    Last edited by quadix; 11-19-2014 at 09:57 AM.
      0 Not allowed!

finally they show up
    Please post your ticket number so we can check your benchmarks, etc.. and make sure everything is 100%. We also do stand by our gigabit network statement and if you are seeing an issue, we just need to make sure all of your server settings are correct.
      0 Not allowed!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast