What is Reseller Program?

Hi there,

May I know what exactly is reseller program? From what I know: Let say I'm a reseller, I buy lots of webspace from one hosting company then sell it piece by piece to other people for higher price to earn. Is that what we call reseller program?

Thanks,
    Kenji

Basically yes.

However there is a slightly different type some companies run, where you re-sell pre-packaged plans at a reduced rate. The difference between what they charge you for it and what you sell it at is your profit.

Originally posted by philm
    Basically yes.

However there is a slightly different type some companies run, where you re-sell pre-packaged plans at a reduced rate. The difference between what they charge you for it and what you sell it at is your profit.
    I've done a preliminary research based on my country... It's quite profitable... but won't it be risky too? What if the hosting company suddenly stopped providing services? Won't I be condemned by my own customers ?

hehe, that's why your here, choose carefully!

There are quite a few really great hosts around, unfortunately there are many more bad ones

Just do some research on these forums and you'll get to know a few reliable companies. Can't beat word of mouth promotion

Haa... I was just "dreaming"... Haven't really planned everything...

Originally posted by philm
    hehe, that's why your here, choose carefully!

There are quite a few really great hosts around, unfortunately there are many more bad ones

Just do some research on these forums and you'll get to know a few reliable companies. Can't beat word of mouth promotion
    I agree. Also, don't be fooled by price. Some reseller plans will give you the world for next to nothing, but those companies won't be around in a years time.

When you choose your company, choose carefully, if you are serious about your business. Also, read Webhostingtalk and seek what others think about the company you're looking into.

Generally you get what you pay for and in this business reputation is worth quite a bit. Reputation is easily lost and not easily earned, however this site is an excellent place to guage that type of thing.

Good luck in your efforts.
    Cheers
    Jeff

Finding a reliable host is of course important... I will seek for more info from here once I got my plan ready... but it will take ages...

The webhosts here are really selling their services very cheap... Unlike the webhosts in my country... Webspace is a very expensive thing! If I'm really running the business in my country, it should be very profitable... It really depends on location...

Another question...

May I know what's overselling?

Yes you may

It's when you sell more plans than you can actually physically host. You are betting that your clients won't use their webspace and bandwidth fully. If someone is on a 200mb/2000GB plan, you really only give him 100mb/1000GB using the rest to sell another 200mb/2000GB plan, cutting corners and overselling what you really have.

Oh... Isn't it cheating then!?

Shhh, sure it is, thats why it's frowned upon really, but you have to have a nice name for it

Oic...

Originally posted by KenJi90
    Oh... Isn't it cheating then!?
    Well not quite. (I don't agree with over selling BTW).

However, starting up a business, overselling your server, and closing down shop - now thats cheating!

And it gives this business a bad name.
    www.idologic.com
    www.demologic.com
    A company committed to people serious about their websites - If you don't DO LOGIC - what do you do?Check Us Out

Oic... So overselling is not a good thing...