Arrow GeekSide-Hosting.com Banner Making Contest, $20 plus hosting as prize!

Greetings to all WHT members!

We are proud to announce that we have been commissioned by GeekSide-Hosting.com to promote their business. We are approached often by hosting companies wishing to expand their business and feel it is only right to help the designers here survive by trickle-down effect.

As part of the allotted funds we have received, we are going to new create banners for GeekSide-Hosting.com.

The winner of this contest will get 2 prizes:

1) $20 by PayPal
    2) 3 months of free hosting on the Bronze Plan ( http://geekside-hosting.com/plans.php for all the info )

Here is how the contest will go:

We need ultimately 3 banners: a 120x60, a 468x60 and a 125x125. All three can say pretty much the same thing and be "branded" the same way, so for now just make a standard 468x60 and if declared winner you will make the other two.

Banner Specs:

"We'll want the banners made for us, just something that shows our best plans (Artist plan and Ultimate Plan), and/or a little bit explaining that we'll install any script for free, and we always put the customer's happiness before their money.

If that can't fit, just our name and Space/Bandwidth/$ of Artist and Ultimate plans - www.geekside-hosting.com/plans.php ."
    - GeekSide-Hosting.com Administration

We want to end this competition by Thursday, please don't enter unless you can complete the 3 banners by a couple of days after that. We reserve the right to end it early if we find a designer that "Shocks and Awes" us

Questions ?
    You can contact either us on :

AIM ( Pinny23 )
    - or -
    Jon Rush, jon@geekside.com
    GeekSide-Hosting.com Administration
    Last edited by HostMaker; 05-12-2003 at 09:27 PM.

so you just want 3 banners 120x60, a 468x60 and a 125x125. ?

yes, and for now just design a 468x60. If we choose you we will give you the go ahead to make the other two ( which can be the same idea/style/scheme as the 468x60 ). Hope this clears it up

We just edited it to help clear things up.

Do you need this 468x60 banner be animated or just static for now to see what kind of banner this could be?

Thank you.
    Hosting Discussion - web hosting community.

Is your company represented?

Animated if you can, if you can not, then static will do just fine.
    Geekside-hosting.com, cheap, reliable, hosting at a low price.

so you want 3 banners for 20$?

Re: GeekSide-Hosting.com Banner Making Contest, $20 plus hosting as prize!

Originally posted by HostMaker

The winner of this contest will get 2 prizes:

1) $20 by PayPal
    2) 3 months of free hosting on the Bronze Plan ( http://geekside-hosting.com/plans.php for all the info )
    and

We need ultimately 3 banners: a 120x60, a 468x60 and a 125x125. All three can say pretty much the same thing and be "branded" the same way, so for now just make a standard 468x60 and if declared winner you will make the other two.
    should answer those questions

Jon, I think what Hairyiguana meant (and I'm also a little unclear about this) is that if the $20 payment prize would refer to all three banner designs or for each if one is to win this competition. (since obviously not everyone needs hosting).

If its for all three, then I'll have to withdraw from this and leave a chance to those who stay.

Thank you,

$20 plus hosting for all 3.

It will not be much extra work at all though, since the banners will each look similar, it's just different sizing.

It will not be much extra work at all though, since the banners will each look similar, it's just different sizing.
    Hey there, I understand that all three banners would be branded the same way, but still - three different standards means the same job from A to Z for every banner + animation. Takes time.

Good luck with the contest! I hope you get nice ones.

Best,

Here are my entries.

http://eclipsegfx.com/portfolio/banner.jpg
    This one will be animated so that your slogans/features will slide in across the banner and stop in the center (where it says geek side hosting now)

http://eclipsegfx.com/portfolio/banner2.jpg
    The blue orb that says "GSH" on it will flash to draw attention. The text that currently says "24-7 customer support" will change to show all of your slogans/features.

-Alex

very nice alex

Very nice indeed.

If no one else is entering, I think Geekside, we should declare a winner

Originally posted by blackdog
    Here are my entries.

http://eclipsegfx.com/portfolio/banner.jpg
    This one will be animated so that your slogans/features will slide in across the banner and stop in the center (where it says geek side hosting now)

http://eclipsegfx.com/portfolio/banner2.jpg
    The blue orb that says "GSH" on it will flash to draw attention. The text that currently says "24-7 customer support" will change to show all of your slogans/features.

-Alex
    -Winner

Alright Alex,

Congrats!!!

Please make the 3 banners as requested as soon as you can and Geekside will send you payment.