Matrix will bill you an extra month after you cancel your account.

It looks like matrix will bill me for another month if I cancel my account. I dont understand this policy. I signed up on the 27th of april and its now the 11th of may and im just not happy there. I wont go into my decision to leave but to my amazement it looks like im going to half to pay them another month. Check out the link...

https://billing.vortechhosting.com/v...cellation.html
    (Also this in tos)
    1. Vortech, Inc. will host an account for you, the purchaser (hereafter referred to as the Account Holder), for the Account Holder's chosen domain name, for the period of time (the Term) corresponding with the payment plan chosen by the Account Holder. This contract will be automatically renewed at the end of the Term and each successive renewal term, unless terminated. We require notification of non-renewal with at least 30 days notice but not more than 60 days prior to the renewal date. You must have all account information to cancel and fill out the form completely that is located at here

I wish I had seen this above before I signed up for the cypher plan. I was all over their site as much as I could and missed this information.

Looks like im out 35 bucks...
    35 dollars for when I signed up
    35 for another month I dont need or want.

Unhappy customer.

People you must read the fine print and understand.
      0 Not allowed!

Why are you cancelling your account?
    What happened?
    I am with them since December and I have a good uptime, fast support and it's enough cheap, comparing to other companies.
    Anyway, because you have to notice them 30 days prior to the renewal date and you asked for an account termination on 11th of May, you have to pay at least until 11th of June, but the renewal date is 27th of June, that's why you have to pay the service until that date.
      0 Not allowed!

If it was in the TOS, what can you do.... nothing.
    Web design London - Ideal Websites
      0 Not allowed!

...thats a very sneaky way of making few extra bucks
    █• Taskade - To-Do List & Tasks All-in-One To-Do List & Mind Map App for Remote Teams
    █• Simple and shareable to-do lists for web, mobile, and desktop
    █• To-Do List Templates 300+ shareable templates and productivity workflows
    █• Get things done, faster and smarter! I eat penguins for breakfast ...
      0 Not allowed!

It's not sneaky if you've read the TOS.
      0 Not allowed!

They aren't tryin to sneak anything Hoobastank... even if meant jokingly, that really isn't funny!
    They are pretty big and do not need to resort to lame tatics to make an 'extra buck'!!

The 30days notice to close an account is pretty standard.

Did you just get the account?
    Are you within your moneyback timeframe?

Have you even contacted them?!?!?
    I am sure they will work with you, but be may less helpful if you came here first!!
    Regards,
    Eric

i have to agree, i would not like that terms and condition. its plainly in their tos so you should have noticed before hand.
    but 30 days to cancel an account, i would not say that is standard.

i mean some companies give you a month free, but it looks as if you are giving them a month free by paying for it.
      0 Not allowed!

I must disagree,
    They have very good support.
    I couldn't handle the competition any more and asked to cancel my account then they said that as long as I let them know the day before they won' t charge. At least thats what they told me on the phone. And I take their word for it. they seem to be a very good company with good products and service.
    You just have to talk with them.
      0 Not allowed!

Re: Matrix will bill you an extra month after you cancel your account.

Originally posted by Scriptfu
    It looks like matrix will bill me for another month if I cancel my account. I dont understand this policy. I signed up on the 27th of april and its now the 11th of may and im just not happy there. I wont go into my decision to leave but to my amazement it looks like im going to half to pay them another month. Check out the link...

https://billing.vortechhosting.com/v...cellation.html
    (Also this in tos)
    1. Vortech, Inc. will host an account for you, the purchaser (hereafter referred to as the Account Holder), for the Account Holder's chosen domain name, for the period of time (the Term) corresponding with the payment plan chosen by the Account Holder. This contract will be automatically renewed at the end of the Term and each successive renewal term, unless terminated. We require notification of non-renewal with at least 30 days notice but not more than 60 days prior to the renewal date. You must have all account information to cancel and fill out the form completely that is located at here

I wish I had seen this above before I signed up for the cypher plan. I was all over their site as much as I could and missed this information.

Looks like im out 35 bucks...
    35 dollars for when I signed up
    35 for another month I dont need or want.

Unhappy customer.

People you must read the fine print and understand.
    I am sorry we do not handle billing issues here. If you have an issue you should take it up with us not some public forum.

I can't help you did not read our TOS, but at the same time we are easy to get along with. Did you ever try calling us, emailing us, any thing at all? Just does not sound like it..

If you would like to speak with someone about this matter you can our number listed on our sites billing is in from 10am till 6pm.

Just an tip for any one, read any web hosting co. TOS/AUP they all have there little things in them, we just want to be noified 30 days before closing the account.

Hoobastank68,
    Why do you think this is sneaky?? Its in plan text right there for anyone to read before signing up. We just want to be notifed if you plan to cancel. Not sneaky at all..

Scriptfu, we are happy to work with you but coming here to rant about it really does not help...
    Last edited by Vortech; 05-12-2003 at 07:39 PM.
      0 Not allowed!

Just an update on the situation. I took the time to go find out who Scriptfu was and what went on.

He did signup on 4/27/03 and submitted a cancellation form on 5/11/03. At that time he was told that his cancellation request had been received and his account would be closed on 5/26/03, the day BEFORE his account would rebill. We are leaving the account open for the remainder of the time he has paid for. That's it. No one ever told him that we were going to bill him for next month as he did not provide 30 days notice. We are not even enforcing our 30 day notice policy but he came here to complain about us anyway. Go figure.

I just wanted to set the record straight.
      0 Not allowed!

I was looking at them earlier today and they looked good! After reading that crap, there's no way I'm signing up with them -- good service or NOT.
      0 Not allowed!

exogen, please tell me whats crap? I would love to know. He paid for a month and got a month, he closed his account, we ask for 30 days in our TOS but as you see it was not even applied to him and really has not been applied to any shared or reseller account. So please oh please tell me whats so bad..

I could name 100 hosts just on this forum that have the same thing in there TOS.
      0 Not allowed!

Originally posted by exogen
    I was looking at them earlier today and they looked good! After reading that crap, there's no way I'm signing up with them -- good service or NOT.
    What is this crap you speak of.

If your referring to this post.. you are a absolute nimrod!!!!

Either way no loss to Vortech
    Regards,
    Eric

Regards,
    Stephen Marsh

UrbanServers.com - Premium UK SSD Virtual Servers
      0 Not allowed!

What are you all talking about? I said it's crap that they bill you for an extra month after you leave. If that's NOT wrong. Please, oh please, tell me why. You don't rent something for a week, return it, and then pay for another week. And saying that 100 other hosts do it here to try and justify doing it because they do it, well, that's wrong too. Be better than other people, don't just follow the crowd.

If this isn't the case, and you don't do this, then I apologize.
      0 Not allowed!

Originally posted by stephenM
    Take a look at exogen's signiature, he's a jealous competitor
    Why are you attacking my character? I don't remember mentioning your name.
      0 Not allowed!

What are you all talking about? I said it's crap that they bill you for an extra month after you leave. If that's NOT wrong. Please, oh please, tell me why. You don't rent something for a week, return it, and then pay for another week. And saying that 100 other hosts do it here to try and justify doing it because they do it, well, that's wrong too. Be better than other people, don't just follow the crowd.

If this isn't the case, and you don't do this, then I apologize.
    Did you read what I posted??
      0 Not allowed!

Wow ... Some people here really do need to re-take that English 101 class
    Fluid Hosting, LLC - Enterprise Cloud Infrastructure: Cloud Shared and Reseller, Cloud VPS, and Cloud Hybrid Server
      0 Not allowed!

Originally posted by FHDave
    Wow ... Some people here really do need to re-take that English 101 class
    haha, i agree with you fully though.
      0 Not allowed!

quote:
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Originally posted by Vortech
    Did you read what I posted??
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I read what you posted.

If you don't intend to bill anybody for the extra month why force them to agree to those rules in the first place? Why piss people off?
      0 Not allowed!

Not trying to piss any one off, its there protect us, we also do highend colo's some even for florida hospital and bigger, Dedicated Servers these types of things are not cheap. The TOS is the same accross all of our sites Rapidcolo.com, vortechhosting.com, matrixreseller.com all the same TOS.

Now we did not charge him, he got what he paid for... We did not charge him any thing more then his one month of service. The only ones that get pissed are the ones that either don't take the time to read a TOS or just don't care to.. Thats not our fault. We are not trying to hide any thing from any one..
      0 Not allowed!