Thumbs down Dynastyhost.com = terrible! What DC? Anyone know?

I have been a reseller with Dynasty Host for almost a year. Up until a couple months ago everything was running smoothly with fast response and very limited downtime. I always figured I was lucky, being on the same server as the host itself was.

Anyway, all that changed ... now they are down all the time, at least for several minutes to an hour daily. They have given every conceivable excuse to why this is happening, from DOS attack to bad network cards, to a flash rom that needed to be updated....

Today they went down around noon eastern (about 14 and a half hours ago!) and they are STILL DOWN!!!

All that said, I have outgrown them and am looking for a dedicated or semi-dedicated situation REALLY SOON. Does anyone KNOW for sure where DynastyHost's Data Center is so I can AVOID IT AT ALL COSTS!??? I seem to recall it is in PA, but since they are down, I cant check.

Thanks!!
    Eric
      0 Not allowed!

Amazing!! After less than an hour after posting here, it is back up, after being down over 15 hours...

Is this a DC problem or a Host problem? I dont see alot of complaints about specific data centers being down all day.

thanks
      0 Not allowed!

they use nocster.
    ◊ James | sales@vnpixel.com |
    ◊ aim: vnpixel • msn: support@vnpixel.com • yahoo: vn_pixel
    ◊ http://www.vnpixel.com
      0 Not allowed!

hmm, I just did a search on Nocster and not one complaint about it being down at all in the past day (and more). Has everyone already bailed on Nocster except Dynasty Host? LOL, just kidding... I mean... down for 15 hours and only I complained?

So then, can I take this to mean that the problem is with the host itself and not the DC?

Thanks
      0 Not allowed!

they have toll free # and you didnt' call them up during that down time?
      0 Not allowed!

Because their site was down too, I could not log in and get their toll-free number. Besides, I am on the same server as the host. Therefore I dont suspect calling them will rush anything along as I am certain that they want to get their site back online just as much as I want mine online.

If I had their number on hand, I may have called, maybe not.. over the past two months, they have not been very helpful at all.. short answers that make no sense.

Can anyone please tell me if this was a DC problem or not?
      0 Not allowed!

sometime it's down and they don't even know about it. Keep the # handy and give them a wake up call if it happen again.
      0 Not allowed!

You should be concerned if their servers are down and they don't even know about it. That's what monitoring services are for...
      0 Not allowed!

You could do a whois on the domain to get their phone number also.
      0 Not allowed!

Please, I dont need any more advice on how to contact the host! I know how to do that. I KNEW how to do that. That was never the issue. Their support is another issue altogether, and I DID NOT want to call them.. OK?

I only wanted to know WHO their Data Center is (nocster?)

and whether these problems (daily outages of up to one hour regularly and now a long 15 hour downtime) indicate a poor host or a poor DC? I was confused that no one else seemed to be complaining of outages if this was a nocster issue.

Thats all.

Sorry to sound snotty but some of these answers are trying to make me look stupid or something... if you look at my posts you see I have to ask over and over about the DC and certain people keep bringing this off-topic to how to contact the host! So I never get an answer, only the thread taken off-topic.
    Last edited by internext; 05-11-2003 at 02:42 AM.
      0 Not allowed!

did you try contacting the host?
      0 Not allowed!

We are on burst.net DC (nocster) and have had no Major downtime from network in past month.
    There was a short 10min slowness issue on Saturday, but nothing network side that would be to blame for their 15 hours downtime.
    Regards,
    Eric

Thumbs down There can not be a worse host than Dynasty Host, I cant imagine!

Well, at least now I am sure it is NOT the DC...

Dynasty Host was down from 9pm eastern last night until 820am this morning... why did it come back at 820? Because I finally decided to call him at 810...

He had no clue the site was down, started asking my domain info etc... I said.. its on the same server as yours we have all been down nearly 12 hours.. By his reaction, I could tell he was completely unaware!! He stopped asking me about my sites and wanted to get off the phone pronto....

I called him back after the sites came back up and asked why it was down. He said the "port 80 went down and had to be rebooted".

Amazingly... 7 hours later all the sites went been down AGAIN... Its been nearly another 2 hours this time, and counting!!

12 hours down, 7 hours up, 2 hours down... In less than a day I have had 14+ hours of downtime and counting, and for all I know, because they have no clue their own site is even down. I hate to knock people... but this is PATHETIC!

Oh, and funnily enough they are not picking up their phones the last few times I have called.

STAY AWAY FROM DYNASTY HOST AT ALL COSTS!!!!!!!!!!! They used to be good... now they are clueless.
    Last edited by internext; 05-29-2003 at 03:56 PM.
      0 Not allowed!

Free month??

I am assuming that amount of downtime will get you a free month, FWIW..

That is the case where we have our reseller accounts. I think that 3 hours is the max in a month or we get a freebie.. We've collected once before and getting another one for May.
      0 Not allowed!

I think you need to look for a new host. If a host is unaware that their server is down for 12 hours theres a serious problem. What good is a free month if your site is down most of it.
    Bonnie - http://ansmediagroup.com - http://peachydomains.com
    Hosting since Aug 3, 2002 - Domain Registration since Feb 26, 2003
    Former CredibleHost clients can access their domains at http://access.enom.com to update their dns entries. I may be contacted for any reaons by emailing me through these forums.
      0 Not allowed!

Yes, it is way past time for a move elsewhere... unfortunately I paid them for a year in advance. I should have until July to move, but I cant wait anymore after this experience...

I am intently looking now and hope to be moving my sites to a new host by the weekend! :-)
      0 Not allowed!

good luck with your new host.
      0 Not allowed!

Hi There,

I'm also a victim of Dynastyhost. Very bad service and terrible technical support. The site is most of the time down. Here is the phone number so you talk to the owner:

Customer Service Phone: 720-318-9695

Another victim
      0 Not allowed!

I used to host a domain with Dynastyhost, which was cancelled late last year. Today I received 10 invoices, one for each month. If I receive a single charge they will be hearing from my lawyer.
      0 Not allowed!

DYNASTY HOST is an absolute nightmare!!! Their service over the past year has been awful--their customer service stinks and we also have been overcharged. Folks, I encourage everyone to take your matter to the Better Business Bureau if this web host does not resolve your issue. When I asked them if they kept hard copies of their billing they said "No." Hello???!?!? Can You say, "A field day for the IRS!" These people need to be put out of business--they are a complete sham.
      0 Not allowed!