Unhappy Brandable, Pronoucable, 4-letter .net Dictionary Word Domain. How much is it worth?

I own Ashy.net, which was valued for around 1K on Flippa and according to my domain buying friends, worth anywhere from $500-$2k. But it isn't selling - no one bought it. Is my starting bid too high? My starting bid is $250, and I think it's fair enough.

What do you guys think it's worth? Registered for 12 years, reg'ed again after a drop.

LLLL.net names are not selling that well right now, especially with the bargains you can get with LLLL.com names

I dont think its a bad name, I think you just have to be patient with names like this. It is pronounceable so that's a bonus, but you will just have to be patient with a name like this.

Some similar sales this year, very surprised by the low sale of Meet.net

Ecol.net
    $504

Hado.net
    $2025

Aard.net
    $827

Bobe.net
    $1000

Ehel.net
    $670

Keto.net
    $1750

Meet.net
    $1277

Good luck

According the WHOIS information, it was only registered a couple months ago and it's not 12 years old. If it was registered after being expired, then it's not 12 years old. It also doesn't have page rank and it's a .net domain name. In my opinion, you'd be lucky if you got $100 for it.
    Little Apps
    Open Source Software

Drop the starting bid and set a reserve instead.

Indeed it was first registered on May 11, 2000, but it expired on June 11, 2008. Although it would be 14 years old if the domain was never dropped, it was dropped. It wouldn't be good for SEO and it wouldn't look good for new companies starting a brand.

Also, being that you picked it up in August of this year, I don't think that there is that high of a demand for this domain name -- it sat for six years before you bought it.

It can definitely be branded nicely though, I'll give you that. As far as asking $250 for it, you won't get that unless the name means a lot to somebody.
    Acera Corporation - Cloud Servers, Game Servers, & Dedicated Servers - Host in our premium New York datacenter!
    E-Mail: hello@acera.net | Phone: 855/215-5500 | URL: www.acera.net

This is not meant to be a smarty pants reply, just my view.

It's worth whatever you can sell it for or simply the registration fee.

Also, during vacation and holiday time many people are busy doing real world things, not as active online.

Quote Originally Posted by rcchang View Post
    reg'ed again after a drop.
    So the previous owner didnt even think it was 'worth' the renewal fee - that's often a clue to it's 'value'

The only sensible answer is that it's worth what someone will pay you for it, but based on .net sales I've seen recently, on something like flippa you might get $100 for it
    Rob Golding Astutium Ltd - UK based ICANN Accredited Domain Registrar - proud to accept BitCoins
    Buying Web Hosts and Domain Registrars Today @ hostacquisitions.co.uk
    UK Web Hosting | UK VPS | UK Dedicated Servers | ADSL/FTTC | Backup/DR | Cloud
    UK Colocation | Reseller Accounts | IPv6 Transit | Secondary MX | DNS | WHMCS Modules