hosted by liquidweb

Go Back   Web Hosting Talk : Web Hosting Main Forums : Web Hosting : Web-host advice!

Forum Jump

Web-host advice!

Reply Post New Thread In Web Hosting Subscription

Send news tip View All Posts Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old

Web-host advice!

Hello!

I am looking for a reliable hosting company for a regular website (some low-res pictures, text, forum, nothing out of the ordinary). The bandwidth should be enough to handle about 1000 visitors a day and I need at least 200 MB of space.

I have used binary blocks (r.i.p.... not!) and hostrocket (doesn't seem to have the time for neither customers nor their own website...) before, being an ignorant newbie.

I am now thinking about tera-byte.com, they seem to a reliable and trustworthy company, arent' they?

Any advices are appreciated.

Last edited by vineld; 05-09-2003 at 07:46 AM.

Sponsored Links
Old
Web Hosting Master

You should put this in the Web Hosting Requests forum, because companies can't offer their services to you in this forum.

SSDHosting.io - Powerful UK SSD Hosting

Old
Disabled

Maybe you can look around and see.

Sponsored Links
Old
Web Hosting Guru

How much bandwidth does 1000 visitors a day use? And yeah, companies can't offer their services here from my past experience.

Old

I'm not really sure how much bandwidth I need :-), I am not looking for offers from different companies, I would like to hear advice from customers instead...

Old
Web Hosting Master

I still have an account at tera-byte. It's been up since 1999. It gets about 500 uniques a day and only uses about two gigs of transfer. It's a good place to start. Even though I can now host it cheaper, (I do support for a different host, and get a discount) it's just too much work to move it, and besides it ain't broke, so why mess with it? I've only ever had to call/email support about 3 times in the last four years. I'd say that's pretty reliable.

"You do what you are, and you are what you do."

Related posts from TheWhir.com
Title Type Date Posted
Introducing .HOST: The Exciting New gTLD for the Global Hosting Community Webinars 2014-10-03 10:41:09
Lifehacker Asks Readers: What's the Best Web Host for App Developers? Blog 2014-02-14 20:54:55
Nominet Pilot Program Hopes to Help SMBs Combat Cyber Threats with Support, Advice Web Hosting News 2014-02-07 15:12:39
Host Alive Listing 2014-01-18 02:52:45
Easyspace and Crunch Partner to Package Hosting and Accounting Services Web Hosting News 2013-07-15 15:03:55