What would you do

I have a reseller account with a company that I won't name just yet, maybe after reading this post they might take notice.

Anyways, I signed January this year since then they have had problems displaying site stats for customers I host (and mine). No stats for months, I keep asking what’s the prob all I get is “working on it” and sometimes some story about server CPU load, I mean it’s only Awstats not knocking this top free program but what’s the problem. I have been asking for this to be resolved for months now, I can’t see and end and I’m sick of asking.

Should I pack up and move on?

What about other services, and the money you paying, if overall services are good, and you getting them at the price you want then consider sticking with them, but deal aggressively with them to get the problem sorted out.
    Vinsar.Net - Quality Web Hosting at Economical Price on USA & European Servers
    Offering domains, shared, reseller & VPS hosting.
    Reliable Domain Reseller Account Resell Domains with Confidence

Everything else has been excellent, there a great host but, I have clients hounding me for there site stats, one client is running a advertising campaign on Monday and wants stats or taking business elsewhere.

I am sick of hounding them, it’s been months now.

Well first you need to establish if they are truly "working on it" or fobbing you off. Ask what work they have carried out.

We actually had a webalizer problem on one of our reseller boxes which took 2 weeks to resolve. Some of our customers where in the same boat as you - but we reassured them by explaining the actual actions which were being taken each day, this helps prove you arent just being given time wasting excuses.
    Matt Wallis
    United Communications Limited
    High Performance Shared & Reseller | Managed VPS Cloud | Managed Dedicated
    UK www.unitedhosting.co.uk | US www.unitedhosting.com | Since 1998.

As long as you are not happy, you should move till you get what you want. There so many good hosting companies, just try more so that you can compare.

Thumbs up

I would agree with Matthew, however it might be an idea to say it to that company again and let them know you are thinking of leaving over this issue.

To be honest if the service is great in other areas I will give them a last chance.

But then again say something serious goes wrong will they treat you in the same way, there are two ways of looking at this I guess. What do others think?

Originally posted by Tom O'Connor
    I would agree with Matthew, however it might be an idea to say it to that company again and let them know you are thinking of leaving over this issue.
    You might consider grabbing a complete backup before you do that...can't be too careful, and there are some unprofessional people out there.

...yours in paranoia..

Originally posted by bear
    You might consider grabbing a complete backup before you do that...can't be too careful, and there are some unprofessional people out there.

...yours in paranoia..

hehe good idea

I would have already installed a different stats program for each client having the issue (if not all).
    Very easy to add it to the Skeleton directory so its there for every client.

If they can't get it fixed then at least it would no longer effect you and yor clients.
    Regards,
    Eric

Originally posted by Esr Tek
    I would have already installed a different stats program for each client having the issue (if not all).
    Very easy to add it to the Skeleton directory so its there for every client.

If they can't get it fixed then at least it would no longer effect you and yor clients.
    Very true, I really do hope things work out for you.

Thanks for all your help, it is appreciated.

Anyway our host has seemed to have sorted this out now. I just hope it’s not a temporary fix.

Thanks